Sponsored

I need the help from 2022 Bronco owners - please!

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Help! I need the advice of Bronco 2022 Wildtrak owners. I reserved my Bronco on 7/27/2020 and converted to Order on 1/21/2021. After hearing ZERO from Ford - other than receiving a hammock, flag, and couple of other unhelpful things - when Ford announced that they couldn't give anyone an idea when their order would be built - I decided that I couldn't wait. You should know that I've wanted a Bronco since the early 1970's - but at the age of 73 - decided I couldn't wait forever for the car. Consequently, in early August 2021, I purchased a new Toyota 4-Runner with HDSS - got it ceramic coated, wrapped the front quarter (not in that order) - and have been pleased with the car - no issues. Then - YESTERDAY - I received notice that my Bronco was to be built in mid-June for July delivery! To current owners - please give me your honest good points or 'hits' and the 'misses' - based on your experience and in comparison with any other similar vehicles you have owned. Please - no 'rah-rah' yea Bronco comments - I really want your honest experience and thoughts to date. I will need to make a decision on whether to keep the vehicle I'm pleased with - or to go with the Bronco - with some of the potential issues I've read about in this forum. Please give me your thoughts.
Sponsored

Osceola Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can completely empathize with the build delay. I reserved mine on the second day in 2020. Dealer made some recommendations, and I decided to opt into 2022 orders with some options removed. It ended up being built in Dec 2021 and delivered end of Jan 2022.

I'm a noob when it comes to off-roading on four wheels. However, my Bronco has taking me places. Wind noise on the hard top is noticeable at speeds over 60 MPH. Acceleration in the 2 door is almost too much. It wants to rip the asphalt up. I just added a Bestop Sunrider. This actually solved the noise issue at speeds over 60 MPH. Cross wind will still make it snap, but best purchase ever. I plan on adding either a Rock Slide Engineering or Amp Research power steps. I'm right at six foot, but getting in and out can get old, or maybe that is just me. Otherwise, driving on road at speed is effortless. I run 93, and it just seems to respond better. Transmission shifts smoothly in 2H. While in 4L, I do not get much past 10 MPH. I have tried Baja mode once, but it just wanted to rip up the trail. Since I use public lands most of the time, I do not want to tear up nature or risk running into someone.

I have posted a few videos of trail runs on my youtube channel. While they aren't more than level 4 trails at more than a couple spots, it should give you some ideas about what it can do. Once when I was bottomed out in ruts, front lockers saved me. Hindsight being 20-20, if I knew the Everglades was going to be produced, I would have gone that route. Even North Florida has some deep water holes. There has been many occasions that I just had to turn around instead of risking it.

Overall, I'm happy with my WildTrak 2 door. It needs a snorkel, but until then, I'll just have to be smart about it. All that said, each person and use case is going to define pros and cons. So what works for some might not for others and vice versa.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s noisy but that is expected, only real issue with that is there is no way your doing a phone call over car play for the most part. The mileage does suck. I can’t get to 17 as its rated. Usually 16.4 max no matter where or what, eco mode does nothing to improve that i can tell although it does change how it acts. The tranmission from a dead stop sometimes acts a little funny as in hunting for a gear or something, but once beyond that it shifts super smooth. Those things are really being a bit picky other than that I love the thing.

Reactions: Cat

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you’re gonna off road it, I would get the wildtrack. It’s the most capable vehicle “out of the box” that I’ve ever driven. If not, keep the Toyota.

Reactions: Cat

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a day 1 first 10 minute reservation holder. I converted my order on the same day as you. I was pushed to a MY22 due to the MIC top issue and after reordering in Oct, received a build week of 1/17/22. It was built/blended on 1/18/22 where it sat at ice mountain for 3 months, where I became more than a little bitter at the way Ford has treated their most loyal customers.
I took delivery on 29 Apr, and it is everything I imagined and more. No one cares about your 4Runner except other 4Runner owners…..they are a dime a dozen and you can’t swing a dead cat in anytown USA without hitting one. The Bronco is a different animal……especially the Wildtrak. You will turn every head in your town and that’s only half the story. I feel like a million bucks every time I push the start button and realize I could take that vehicle anywhere I care to go, and do it in comfort, with a great ride and looks that conjure up visions of the gen1 you wanted all those years ago. A 4Runner is on nobody’s bucket list, but a Bronco……do what your heart tells you.
F5C16C33-F527-45EE-9055-6AA039DDA1EC.jpeg

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m a day 1 first 10 minute reservation holder. I converted my order on the same day as you. I was pushed to a MY22 due to the MIC top issue and after reordering in Oct, received a build week of 1/17/22. It was built/blended on 1/18/22 where it sat at ice mountain for 3 months, where I became more than a little bitter at the way Ford has treated their most loyal customers.
I took delivery on 29 Apr, and it is everything I imagined and more. No one cares about your 4Runner except other 4Runner owners…..they are a dime a dozen and you can’t swing a dead cat in anytown USA without hitting one. The Bronco is a different animal……especially the Wildtrak. You will turn every head in your town and that’s only half the story. I feel like a million bucks every time I push the start button and realize I could take that vehicle anywhere I care to go, and do it in comfort, with a great ride and looks that conjure up visions of the gen1 you wanted all those years ago. A 4Runner is on nobody’s bucket list, but a Bronco……do what your heart tells you.
Ford Bronco I need the help from 2022 Bronco owners - please! F5C16C33-F527-45EE-9055-6AA039DDA1EC

Lol wow. nothing has changed there.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Help! I need the advice of Bronco 2022 Wildtrak owners. I reserved my Bronco on 7/27/2020 and converted to Order on 1/21/2021. After hearing ZERO from Ford - other than receiving a hammock, flag, and couple of other unhelpful things - when Ford announced that they couldn't give anyone an idea when their order would be built - I decided that I couldn't wait. You should know that I've wanted a Bronco since the early 1970's - but at the age of 73 - decided I couldn't wait forever for the car. Consequently, in early August 2021, I purchased a new Toyota 4-Runner with HDSS - got it ceramic coated, wrapped the front quarter (not in that order) - and have been pleased with the car - no issues. Then - YESTERDAY - I received notice that my Bronco was to be built in mid-June for July delivery! To current owners - please give me your honest good points or 'hits' and the 'misses' - based on your experience and in comparison with any other similar vehicles you have owned. Please - no 'rah-rah' yea Bronco comments - I really want your honest experience and thoughts to date. I will need to make a decision on whether to keep the vehicle I'm pleased with - or to go with the Bronco - with some of the potential issues I've read about in this forum. Please give me your thoughts.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rak-tested-the-ultimate-bronco-for-now.43996/

Today at 10:48am on this very forum

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't fit your description of a '22, have a '21, but I picked it up in February. If it's what you want it's what you want. In today's market, you shouldn't lose money on the forskinner. I'm retired and sometimes gotta think what am I saving my money for? So I got what I wanted. Noise from the roof (passenger side) is the only criticism I have, and it's not that bad, the price you pay for the removable roof. In the meantime, It's the coolest vehicle out there and I got one...

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol wow. nothing has changed there.
We’ll, aside from the Hitching Post burning to the ground……pretty much same old’ same ol’.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't fit your description of a '22, have a '21, but I picked it up in February. If it's what you want it's what you want. In today's market, you shouldn't lose money on the forskinner. I'm retired and sometimes gotta think what am I saving my money for? So I got what I wanted. Noise from the roof (passenger side) is the only criticism I have, and it's not that bad, the price you pay for the removable roof. In the meantime, It's the coolest vehicle out there and I got one...
I haven’t noticed the wind noise in mine yet. Perhaps I got lucky. However, I’ve been driving a 4dr Soft Top Big Bend since August…..comparatively speaking, the MiC Top WT is quiet as a mouse.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I nearly bought a house on Dey ave there back in 2003-ish
Then you know the neighborhood well…..the WT in my driveway adds a good 10% home value to my neighbors property value and a boat load of curb appeal.

SmokeSaves

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Chevy, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find it odd that your backup plan was a 4-Runner, as they are two completely different vehicles that serve two completely different purposes? With that said, they also drive completely different. If you haven't driven a Bronco yet I suggest doing that ASAP, the answer you seek (cue Yoda) will be obvious to you, whichever direction you choose. Good luck!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I find it odd that your backup plan was a 4-Runner, as they are two completely different vehicles that serve two completely different purposes?
Well, my back up plan is another Mustang. Pretty much the same as a Bronco, 2-doors, stick shift, convertible top. :cool:
Sponsored