Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those members defending Ford on this thread, and in particular those who have an understanding of production line management, I appreciate the feedback. And believe me, even us less knowledgeable on the ins and outs of auto manufacturing can understand the global constraint issues. But for the Ford Bronco production in 2022, the chip shortages have been isolated to a few weeks at worst in Jan and April and then complete vehicles have come off the line and been delivered to happy customers. Ford has chosen this method of production which largely ignores the customers put out to pasture.

The lack of communication is the compounding factor. It’s been stated here that Ford focuses on manufacturing and dealers should do the communicating. But the dealers know f&ck all because Ford doesnt tell them anything. Yet Ford still refers us to our dealers. It’s insulting. There is no network set up for this and that is a failure on Ford’s part. We’re 5 months into this latest fiasco called the Bronco rollout. Ford can do better and should be able to by now. I suspect they dont because they fear any transparency will bring negative feedback. If they had been honest from the front, they would have lost much less goodwill, IMO.

The latest push out of EDD is arbitrary, and I suspect most of us will still be waiting come
August. To me, it’s Ford admitting it does not know when we’ll get our orders without officially saying it. Based on history, it’s likely the only communication we’ll get, which is sad.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
Mine just went from 6-6-22 week to 6-13-22 The BS begins for me I guess (hopes were UP!)

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has no one read the news for the past 3 years?

I'd sayi feel for you/us, but really i don't, our lives are SO fantastic that we get to wait for something instead of getting shot at, dying of hunger, becoming extinct, etc. So you have longer to wait on a luxury BFD.
I've listened to people bitch the past 2 years about THE SAME THING, I'm over it. In the grand scheme of things you/we are not that important. Find happiness within yourselves, i wish that for all of you
Perspective to be sure. Much to be grateful for and (for many of us) we are complaining about wants rather than needs. That being said, my perspective will be from a 392 Jeep if Ford doesn't get their act together.
Not that they care. But if I drop the Bronco I drop the Lightning I also have reserved.

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IMHO....In Feb when they pushed it to May, they knew damn well then these VOW would be delivered after the 3rd Q started...when the EDD went from..... say 2/15 to 5/15, they suspected if they stated 2/15 to 8/15, most of us waiting would have said FTS and walked away

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so freaking pi#@ed right now. Not only for me but EVERYONE being pushed to July and August! I know reservations mean sh@t(first 45 min)....I know A LOT of us made compromises when ordering to "get it quicker"(MIC, tow package). And I realize this has been addressed here before. BUT HOLY HELL @Ford!!!!! WTH!!?? Dont get it confused....I am happy seeing people from all builds receive their trucks! But it also hits a a kinda way! P#$ed, happy for others, guilty( I havnt waited as long as others) & jealous all at the same time! How in the HELL did a company whose claim to fame is the assembly line f this up so bad!?? Sorry for the rant
So... I just got off the phone, with Customer service...
I reserved on July 14, 2020 (2nd day)... After my dealer agreed and updated it to a Code 10, it was finally scheduled and went into Production, the week of March 21, 2022...

I got a Blend Date, of March 21, 2022... then NOTHING! I previously talked to Ford, a couple times, and they had no updates (other than Chip Hold).

TODAY was different, as they now have a scheduled Ship date, of August 4!!! I can't even speak right now!

Badlands, non-Sasquatch, MIC Top, Lux... nothing else AND THEY STILL CAN"T FIND A WAY TO BUILD IT.

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They must use different chips, in the new raptors. They are scheduling those builds, right now, and I'll bet 'cha they will get shipped!

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, this is a gut shot. For those of us that don't even have a scheduling date, this pretty much feels like we wont get anything till 2023 since production stops in October. I'm starting to believe I'll never see my Bronco.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thread has gone the way of most "hold" threads.

• Someone pissed about being pushed.
  • Someone states they don't know manufacturing processes and big business. Pissing match ensues.
  • Someone states they ordered a Bronco and received it in a nanosecond, so it can't possible be real that this happens.
  • Someone states complainers are whiny entitled biotches.
  • Someone mentions being a day 1er and still waiting.
  • Someone summarizes the thread.
Yup and that’s common for message boards. In regards to this forum, where considerable traffic is centered in build week groups, I think youll see a bit more of this as many folks dont know people have been waiting until they experience a delay themselves. Especially folks who dont frequent the board. Or people were hopeful delays are limited and get frustrated when Ford pushes out new, BS, arbitrary dates.

I dont why anyone gets upset over these threads. I often find some amusement in them. In fact, I learned a new off color acronym today that had me laughing to a few minutes.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This original post was a 60 day push out. It then turned into FIFO/FILO.....then communication.
I'm not lost yet......60 day push sucks. If they communicate as to why, there is a very threatening risk of plummeting stocks. FIFO at a point after your build leaves the assembly line and gets parked is laughable at best. If you understand the quantities coming out of the plant, the skill set involved in installing missing chips and the cost of idling said assembly line, you probably would not want FIFO. Sure, you could pay OT to individuals who aren't trained to install chips but would that be ideal for Ford or the end user?
I’m very curious why, when clearing out holding lots of broncos on microchip hold which would require in essence the same work, would I not want first in first out?

I’m not talking shutting down a production line, I’m talking about installing modules in the vehicles sitting out in the lots. It has to be done either way.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perspective to be sure. Much to be grateful for and (for many of us) we are complaining about wants rather than needs. That being said, my perspective will be from a 392 Jeep if Ford doesn't get their act together.
Not that they care. But if I drop the Bronco I drop the Lightning I also have reserved.
See, now THAT i can totally get onboard with. Doing something instead complaining. We're all still in the same boat! I get it, another delay, but at this point, people still acting like Ford blindsided them... let's just say it's not helpful :ROFLMAO: nobody wants to hear it

Accept the situation, you'll be happier. (Not you, but you know...)

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, this is a gut shot. For those of us that don't even have a scheduling date, this pretty much feels like we wont get anything till 2023 since production stops in October. I'm starting to believe I'll never see my Bronco.
At this point I would bet I will have to reorder for a third time for a 2023 model. What really sucks is that the order banks will open and the dealers will get their allocations taken by new orders for "easy builds" and just like now the 2 doors and other constrained builds will keep on getting pushed off while the new orders are scheduled for production.

If it weren't for the pile of parts I've already bought I probably would bail out on this Cluster F_ck. Hopefully they won't make any major changes to the '23 models that will make the stuff that I bought not fit anymore.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got the push too. guess it is ALL of us on chip hold?

frdcht9.png

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m very curious why, when clearing out holding lots of broncos on microchip hold which would require in essence the same work, would I not want first in first out?

I’m not talking shutting down a production line, I’m talking about installing modules in the vehicles sitting out in the lots. It has to be done either way.
So the modules come already programmed? I doubt it. Very different work under various weather conditions. Pretty sure there aren't too many people there qualified to do this work. It would depend on the skill of the individual and location of said chip as well as probable programming.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the modules come already programmed? I doubt it. Very different work under various weather conditions. Pretty sure there aren't too many people there qualified to do this work. It would depend on the skill of the individual and location of said chip as well as probable programming.
All of the chips on all of the broncos need to be programmed, I’m talking about clearing out the holding lots. The work needs to be done either way, why would you not be doing it FIFO?

Per what I and my dealer have been told they are clearing the lot by convenience of the location of the truck, leaving older cars blocked into the back of the lot sitting longer.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of the chips on all of the broncos need to be programmed, I’m talking about clearing out the holding lots. The work needs to be done either way, why would you not be doing it FIFO?

Per what I and my dealer have been told they are clearing the lot by convenience of the location of the truck, leaving older cars blocked into the back of the lot sitting longer.
I would bet they are clearing the chip hold vehicles out in a relatively FIFO manner. Sadly, I also think they are covering their asses so they are not being fully transparent about certain issues. Some in here are suggesting they ship chip hold vehicles prior to ones built and awaiting shipment though which is my response to FIFO.
Sponsored