Sponsored

I've been "built and awaiting shipping" for over 60 days now.

Jenkins_Auto_Image

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500, 2006 Acura TL, 2022 Bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same sinking boat here…. Convoy delay since 4/6. I’m hoping we all get ours soon before the Midwest winters set in 🥶🥶
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronc_Bronc

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Just off the phone with the customer care 1-800

This time after they delivered the same information they always do, I pressed them and asked if there was logistics department I could open a file with to verify that my Bronco isn't part of a tracking system glitch or otherwise lost.

To which they replied, Oh wait, now I see that it went back into production on April 18, and then on that same day got put back into awaiting shipping - so something happened there, but now it looks like you're good to go and should be shipped very soon...

So I said, look I know you're probably limited to what you can see on your screen, so it would still make me feel a lot better if you could request some sort of review...

After a couple more back and forths and she finally agreed to escalate a claim and that someone would reach out to me to give me and update....

So, If you are waiting like me maybe press customer care to file a claim.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This time after they delivered the same information they always do, I pressed them and asked if there was logistics department I could open a file with to verify that my Bronco isn't part of a tracking system glitch or otherwise lost.

To which they replied, Oh wait, now I see that it went back into production on April 18, and then on that same day got put back into awaiting shipping - so something happened there, but now it looks like you're good to go and should be shipped very soon...

So I said, look I know you're probably limited to what you can see on your screen, so it would still make me feel a lot better if you could request some sort of review...

After a couple more back and forths and she finally agreed to escalate a claim and that someone would reach out to me to give me and update....

Mine took 52 days after my built email for delivery via convoy on 5/6. I had a case number with Ford's New Vehicle Support Team. They never reached out or followed up in any way. I'm sure they are swamped, but I'm just saying to not expect any answer or updates from them.

Sponsored

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There seems to be no rhyme or reason with shipping. I’m sorry you guys are waiting so long with not much communication from Ford. Mine had a blend date of 5/5, and I picked it up from the dealer 5/10 in Kentucky. Makes no sense. Not trying to pour salt on your wounds, just wanting to give you an idea of how messed up the process really is.

sasquatch_bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 79 F150, 97 Ranger XLT (36k miles)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2/24 here and they "filed a claim' 2 weeks ago to which no one has returned my calls. Im 5 hours from the plant and my dealer has been useless. No chip hold, nothing, just setting for going on 3 months now. It makes zero sense how and why they pick which ones are shipped. It isnt going by build date thats for sure.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Jesus...quit calling them already.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I call the 1-800 number they say it's completely built and not waiting on chips, that its just a shipping issue.
Clearly not the case. There's zero chance it's sitting in the yard waiting for a truck or train. If so, how are more recent builds driving past your Bronco and getting delivered to your dealer?

They are either on plant hold but Ford can't/doesn't want to claw back a "released" vehicle so they use Delay as a code for Plant Hold, or they actually had a delivery delay and parked a bunch of Broncos off to the side and now can't be bothered with the disruption as long as new builds are filling available trucks/trains.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc_Bronc

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine took 52 days after my built email for delivery via convoy on 5/6. I had a case number with Ford's New Vehicle Support Team. They never reached out or followed up in any way. I'm sure they are swamped, but I'm just saying to not expect any answer or updates from them.
I really don't, but just by pressing I at least I learned that I did go "back into production" at some point.

OP
OP
Bronc_Bronc

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clearly not the case. There's zero chance it's sitting in the yard waiting for a truck or train. If so, how are more recent builds driving past your Bronco and getting delivered to your dealer?

They are either on plant hold but Ford can't/doesn't want to claw back a "released" vehicle so they use Delay as a code for Plant Hold, or they actually had a delivery delay and parked a bunch of Broncos off to the side and now can't be bothered with the disruption as long as new builds are filling available trucks/trains.
Right
Blend was 1/31/22. Built was 3/6/22. Estimated delivery 5/18/22 - 5/24/22 per Ford Tracker. When I checked twice (walked in) with my dealer the Ford system first said 3/28/22 - 4/4/22. Then 4/18/22 - 4/24/22.

I've now stopped checking on it.

Back when I reserved in October 2020, based on my dealer's allocation in December 2020 and where in lone I sat, I figured a MY '22 production and June 2022 delivery. Pre-Mic 2.0 I had moved into MY '21 production with late 2021 delivery.

I think my initial expectations were correct all along. Lol.

* note: added year to dates in case 2023 rolls around before I get my order. ;)
I was a minute one reservation holder who volunteered to wait for a MY22 once I saw how the roll out was going. I seriously considered electing to wait for MY23, but man there was a window in Oct/Nov where it looked like shit was finally sorted out.

Turns out waiting for MY23 would have been the right call, it will probably finally have a color that doesn't suck to really twist the knife.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

There are a lot of Ford defenders on this board (many Im sure have more knowledge on how things are working at the plants than me) that will argue against this. But damn it just all seems like there is no organization at all, hence why Ford doesn’t communicate. The only thing that appears concrete is that trucks currently on the production line have complete priority on completion and shipping. All this “on wheels inventory” as referenced by the CFO is going to bite Ford in the ass. I honestly dont think we’ll see much movement until Ford just stops Bronco production for the year 100%. They cant seem to blend in two operations - standard production line and retrofitting vehicles in a parking lot. Some vehicles will slip through for lucky folks. Most of us will wait a long time more. Ive never hoped more to be wrong though 😀

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious comment. Why do you say that?
How many times have you called the CS number already…and what benefit has it brought you? Did you get your truck any sooner?

Now, how much time have you wasted for a customer who might be trying to call CS for a real issue that might need to be resolved?
Sponsored