Sponsored

Bronco built and awatiing shipping, should I try and finalize deal now or during delivery?

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I got some good news today, my Bronco is built and waiting on shipment to the dealership. So far my dealership experience has been good, but a little nervous with the reported ADM horror stories. I'm tempted to call my dealer now, to finalize everything and determine how much and what form of payment they accept. This is strictly a cash deal. Good idea, or should I wait until I go to the dealership to pick it up? We have a verbal agreement this is a strictly MSRP deal, and I have the Ford build sheet showing MSRP price they had me sign. Any advice? Thanks

*** UPDATE ***
I got an official signed sate purchase contract from the dealer for our verbally agreed price of MSRP. In addition, I'm getting the 2021 price protection, not a lot but more than covers their Doc fees. Very smooth transaction with this dealer, Baxter of Omaha. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

some dealerships may make some money on the backend if you finance the Bronco.
maybe worth financing it so they make a little extra, and then paying off the loan. could be a good negotiating tool if they try to charge any ADM.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the time to finalize the deal is long passed, you no longer have any leverage. Good luck, hopefully you picked a non-ADM dealer.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Locking in a final sales price should have taken place when you placed your order. Good luck to you. Hopefully they will sell at MSRP. Many dealers are selling at MSRP so there is still hope.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some dealerships have been installing “add ons” like paint protection or window tinting, and charging a premium for them to disguise dealer mark up. My dealer said that they add certain things to all the cars on their lot upon arrival, then add it to the sticker. By securing my financing before delivery, it took that off the table for them when I refused it before they could get their hands on my bronco. This obviously wouldn’t be an issue at every dealership. On the flip side, who knows how long it will take to be delivered? 35 days after it left the plant for me. I had already made my first monthly payment, paid for a month of insurance on a vehicle while it sat on a train/rail yard, and even had my plates before I had my bronco. It also caused some confusion when I asked about things like my ford pass reward points and the my22 price protection. Some dealers seem to be more aware of the incentive type things, and promises that Ford made to their reservation holders, and some dealers may just be “playing dumb” hoping the customer won’t ask. My dealer told me that stuff like that will be taken care of at delivery, but I still had to remind them twice more to get my Ford points and my price protection rebate after I took delivery.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
just ask your dealer for a final invoice so you can your monies together ... I do this with my dealer all the time ..

then you will know if there is adm
@markregel
This is what I did. I bought two new Broncos and paid cash at MSRP for both from different dealers. Don't be passive and delay the request. Get the invoice now with tax and doc fees!

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're really concerned, Nebraska is like Ohio and you can record phone calls. Call the dealer and ask what the total will be so you can get everything prepared. If they tell you 10k over you know your screwed but at least you'll know it and maybe have time to do something about it. If the dealer tells you MSRP, great and I doubt you'll need the recording. But, if they do try something, play the recording for them and threaten whatever you want. (I'd contact a local lawyer before actually playing the recording on the radio or something first though!)

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Locking in a final sales price should have taken place when you placed your order. Good luck to you. Hopefully they will sell at MSRP. Many dealers are selling at MSRP so there is still hope.
I did lock in the final sales price as far as I'm concerned. I confirmed several times MSRP with both the salesman and GM, and they had me sign the build sheet showing MSRP price.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just ask for a copy of the final invoice so you can arrange for funds. Do not pay until you have inspected your Bronco. Too many horror stories of damage in transit and mismatched parts.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you meet the qualifications for the Ford price protection, make sure you contact Ford and get your protection certificate number. A simple phone call to Ford, and verification of your reservation order number gets you the certificate number.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you meet the qualifications for the Ford price protection, make sure you contact Ford and get your protection certificate number. A simple phone call to Ford, and verification of your reservation order number gets you the certificate number.
I canceled my original Grainger reservation and associated order because of the well-known allocation issue. I gave up trying to transfer the order and simply placed a new order with another dealer. Do I still qualify for the price protection?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled my original Grainger reservation and associated order because of the well-known allocation issue. I gave up trying to transfer the order and simply placed a new order with another dealer. Do I still qualify for the price protection?
I would think not. Of course, never hurts to find out.

Aries91

Black Diamond
First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the price protection deal and how do I know if I qualify.
Sponsored