First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck….I hope you enjoy your brand new year old Bronco ….sometime next year.
Cute. Today is 2022. I’m not expecting my Bronco until 2024 or so. Reservation date late Nov, 2020. Badlands, v6, auto, Sasquatch, trlr tow… If I had only known then what I know now.
Sponsored

dgauss

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In all seriousness, Ford is hardly the only manufacturer affected by the realities of globally sourced JIT mass-manufacturing. Not to mention that parts ordering was likely done in late 2018/early 2019 for many of these parts.
i definitely get where you’re coming from with this point of view. My thought though is the DEGREE to which this has affected bronco production. Jeep has been able to keep cranking out Wranglers and keep up with demand much better than Ford has with Broncos … not even close

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You forgot:
  • Someone nonchalantly mentions he already owns three Broncos
That was the best part of the last thread. Guy dick swings then all the sudden ends it with "I'm going to go drive my bronco home now and enjoy it."

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh another one of these posts.

I have to keep reminding myself these are most likely grown ups aka adults acting like a child not getting their way.

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of us who are chip hold were given a resolution date of around 5/10 back in march or so. The system within Ford just added another 60+ days to the ETA. Mine is 7/29 now, produced 1/14
Oh my!!! Mine is to be produced week of May 30th! If I wait a half a year to be delivered, is it still going to be considered a 2022 model?

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has no one read the news for the past 3 years?

I'd sayi feel for you/us, but really i don't, our lives are SO fantastic that we get to wait for something instead of getting shot at, dying of hunger, becoming extinct, etc. So you have longer to wait on a luxury BFD.
I've listened to people bitch the past 2 years about THE SAME THING, I'm over it. In the grand scheme of things you/we are not that important. Find happiness within yourselves, i wish that for all of you
I used to travel the world for work and while in India, I saw families living in 10x10 corrugated steel boxes bathing their kids in a polluted river and well, it puts life in perspective.
I'm also anxious for my build more so that I would get a late 2022 instead of a 2023 but neither would be a big issue.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally agree, Ford probably only ordered the chips a week before production which caused this whole mess, morons. Doubtful they even stumped up the extra 3% for having a tracking ID.

In all seriousness, Ford is hardly the only manufacturer affected by the realities of globally sourced JIT mass-manufacturing. Not to mention that parts ordering was likely done in late 2018/early 2019 for many of these parts.

Can't imagine the countless number of real-time decisions required to launch a new product with nearly 20,000 different parts coming in from all around the world. Turns out global JIT manufacturing has the same flaw it's always had except that it's actually happening right now. In 10 years if this is still a problem, then it's on Ford, but many, many, many billions of dollars are going to be spent between the OEM's and parts suppliers to resolve some of these issues and then we can see how it shakes out.

I know what I was doing in early 2019, and it wasn't preparing for a global pandemic and hoarding toilet paper in advance of the FOMO people.
I think most understand the problems but some of us, who should be in line ahead, are seeing orders placed long after ours being filled. At my dealer alone one Bronco, ordered after mine is scheduled for delivery and mine sits IN PRODUCTION. I do not want another model/trim etc…. I want mine and at the quoted price.

Kiowa

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
suburban, clk convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you believe that "unavailability of materials" applies always?
My personal bet is that Ford cancelled or delayed purchase orders. In no way whatsoever would that clause apply. Now, if Ford didn't alter any part of their contractual relationship with their suppliers- THEN it would apply. The pandemic did happen, however, everyone in the manufacturing chain were not mandated to close- quite the opposite, they were "essential." Airlines thought it would take three years for travel to come back to old levels and allowed pilots to retire with generous packages, gave up landing slots at airports, etc. Companies like Southwest took over abandoned gates, Tesla and Jeep seemingly did not cancel their chip orders and they, along with Southwest Airlines, are sitting pretty. Ford on the other hand, looks to have taken the cautious route and are paying the price.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If your Bronco is built and has a chip hold, you're going to get it eventually. It will have been sitting outside for months, unattended, and will probably have many glitches like many you see posted on the forum.
Do you still want it or not?
Whining about the wait is dumber than pissing into the wind.

Sponsored

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your Bronco is built and has a chip hold, you're going to get it eventually. It will have been sitting outside for months, unattended, and will probably have many glitches like many you see posted on the forum.
Do you still want it or not?
Whining about the wait is dumber than pissing into the wind.
Honestly, it sitting outside at MAP is no different than cars that sit outside at dealerships for months. Not sure why people are making a distinction.

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, it sitting outside at MAP is no different than cars that sit outside at dealerships for months. Not sure why people are making a distinction.
cars sitting outside at dealerships aren’t custom orders. we aren’t just walking up to a dealership looking for a car to buy from the lot. and honestly, it’d be different if this was always the situation, but it’s a select few of us getting screwed over.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmmm. One thing. Check out the Reservation agreement, dated July 7, 2020.

I want to bring your attention to paragraph #11,

11. Force Majeure.
Your participation in the Program and/or your Reservation does not create liability for Ford or you for any failure to perform due to an event beyond our control, including, but not limited to, any Act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, unavailability of materials, strike, earthquake, flood, pandemic or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our control.
Please note the words "Unavailability of materials"... "pandemic" or "any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of our [Ford's] control." As I read your comments, you are absolutely holding Ford responsible for these issues. I'm not seeing that.

I get the distinct impression that you are absolutely blaming Ford Motor for all the ills of the situation here. It almost looks like you didn't read the reservation agreement in the least.

And that's just not fair. That's not what you agreed to. If the agreement doesn't work for you, please walk away from the deal. If your vehicle gets parked outside at Dirt / Ice mountain for six months and after inspection, you don't like it, then walk away from the deal. No harm, no foul.

As part of the reservation process, you get the choice to walk away from your reservation, absolutely without penalty, cost, or ill-will.

Yup, we're all frustrated by the situation. Me too.
What you seem to fail to acknowledge is that the shortages have been short lived. There is no disagreement that Ford has churned out thousands of completed Broncos of various trims since vehicles were added to Ice Mountain. There were no broken tools or anything, else. Ford has made the financial decision to not go back and work Ice Mountain with any vigor. This is likely because Ford isnt set up to nor have they yet created a secondary line for custom retrofitting of vehicles.

There has been no real communication to any of us. Many of us accepted and hoped (delusionally, perhaps) that the original updated EDD were going to be met. It’s clear now those (and the second set of updated dates) were bullshite. So as you mentioned, we can cancel purchase orders and walk away ourselves. Many of us are exploring that option. That still doesnt clear Ford of any fault in this disaster. Theyve set expectations, failed miserably to communicate when theyve been unable to meet those expectations, and effectively flipped us the middle finger with their production priorities. It’s a business. We get those decisions sometimes have to be made. Ford gets to live with the consequences- time will tell how much goodwill has been lost and the effect that has on Ford.

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i definitely get where you’re coming from with this point of view. My thought though is the DEGREE to which this has affected bronco production. Jeep has been able to keep cranking out Wranglers and keep up with demand much better than Ford has with Broncos … not even close
And if Ford did order parts ages ago and knew they couldnt meet demand based on orders, they should have slowed orders or adjusted production scheduling. They could have done that without killing momentum on the Bronco.

My order actually was moved up from a week less affected by the chip shortage. So also likely suppliers have failed to some extent to make deliveries. Suppliers often give little notice that they will fail to make or will be late in delivering. Ford cant control that or remedy immediately so not their fault. But theyve also failed to communicate to us. Ford has also not had the foresight to develop secondary production lines so needed right now.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my...theory.

Chips is the new COVID excuse.

It is all makes sense because they are both 5 letters and both start with C.

O is 7 letters from H.
V is 13 letters from I.
I is 7 letters before P.
D is 15 letters before S.

7+13-7-15 = -2

The whole situation is negative number 2. A big negative SHIT. :poop:

giphy.gif

Change my mind.
Sponsored