First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
B6G on every ADM thread: You thought you’d get a Bronco at MSRP? DID YOU GET ANYTHING IN WRITING?

OP: I have a signed letter at MSRP.

B6G: No, not like that! Why do you think the letter gets you MSRP?
I got some signed bs letter they gave me that they won't go over MSRP on the Raptor but when push came to shove they didn't care they just apologized and said we need to do some staff coaching. 😂😂😂 I was like great, thanks for wasting my time.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brother and I were on the list to order a Bronco Raptor since September of 2021. We did not make it for the 2022 model year but the Ford dealership called us in today to make reservations for the 2023 model year. The order banks for 2023 are not open yet but they were going to order it as a 2022 and then later we can update when the 2033 options come out.

The conversation got to the point where there was going to be a 10k mark up which was reduced from 20k. My brother and I walked away. I even had a letter that the dealership signed in 2021 stating there will be no mark up if you put in an order and wait; however this couldn’t be further from the truth as they completely contradicted and pulled a 180 on us. When we initially inquired about the vehicle we only spoke about the Raptor trim levels and now they are telling us that those Raptor trims are marked up. We even told them back then to tell us the reality which is why we asked for a signed letter and they still went forward with the mark up.

If Ford is listening they need to know about what is going on and they need to provide more allocations. I don’t have a problem with mark ups if you tell me ahead of time; however, I do have a problem with contradiction, lying, and wasting the customers time. The dealership was told what we want to order and they were also told that we are not interested if there was markup. If we were to pay mark up we wanted to know right there and then so don’t have false hope. Seems like the dealerships wanted to have their cake and eat it too by keeping you waiting and wasting your time and then later pulling the classic bait and switch maneuver to screw you over. What a waste of time and energy. This could have all been prevented had they told us the truth to begin with. More customers lost. Cheers!
This has nothing to do with Ford unfortunately. Dealers get the vehicles for whatever price Ford charges them and then mark ups are entirely on the dealers. Seems like Ford should be able to do something but they’re all franchisees.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This has nothing to do with Ford unfortunately. Dealers get the vehicles for whatever price Ford charges them and then mark ups are entirely on the dealers. Seems like Ford should be able to do something but they’re all franchisees.
Yeah, it is what it is..I wish they made them based on order and u had to put some money down to solidify it. At least you know it's coming but it is what it is. I don't know about all the issues out there. I have a feeling they will call me to order one at MSRP after I get another vehicle 😂😂😂😂

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I sent one of the managers a text with a copy of the letter they gave me just in case they change their mind. 😂😂😂

Screenshot_20220530-192421~3.png

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I personally had connected with a dealership
in July 2021 about ordering a Bronco Raptor. Dealer told me since I was the first to inquire at that dealership, I would be first in line. Better yet, they agreed to sell a Bronco of any model year, regardless of trim level, at MSRP (I had this in writing).

Fast forward to March 2022, I have a Golden Ticket and the dealership is unwilling to place my order. I believe a lot of these dealers were not expecting the Golden Tickets to be handed out as it makes it more challenging to add ADM.

Ended up spending several weeks calling and emailing different Ford lines to get it resolved. Was an absolute nightmare! No one should have to go through this. In the end, Ford contacted the dealership to resolve the situation. As of 3/25, I have a Warthog on order. It is currently priority code-1.

It’s no secret that the days of the dealership, as we know it, will soon come to an end. They continuously take advantage of people (Not all, but most). People are going to remember being treated unfairly by dealerships, and will fully embrace purchasing a vehicle directly from the manufacturer. Tesla, for example, is already doing this.

The dealership will be nothing more than a demo showroom and service station. There is a reason Ford is calling their dealerships, “Ford Stores” now.

They are already preparing for the transition and these new electric vehicles may be just the ticket to allow them to bypass these dealerships forever.

All I can say is, bring it on!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I personally had connected with a dealership
in July 2021 about ordering a Bronco Raptor. Dealer told me since I was the first to inquire at that dealership, I would be first in line. Better yet, they agreed to sell a Bronco of any model year, regardless of trim level, at MSRP (I had this in writing).

Fast forward to March 2022, I have a Golden Ticket and the dealership is unwilling to place my order. I believe a lot of these dealers were not expecting the Golden Tickets to be handed out as it makes it more challenging to add ADM.

Ended up spending several weeks calling and emailing different Ford lines to get it resolved. Was an absolute nightmare! No one should have to go through this. In the end, Ford contacted the dealership to resolve the situation. As of 3/25, I have a Warthog on order. It is currently priority code-1.

It’s no secret that the days of the dealership, as we know it, will soon come to an end. They continuously take advantage of people (Not all, but most). People are going to remember being treated unfairly by dealerships, and will fully embrace purchasing a vehicle directly from the manufacturer. Tesla, for example, is already doing this.

The dealership will be nothing more than a demo showroom and service station. There is a reason Ford is calling their dealerships, “Ford Stores” now.

They are already preparing for the transition and these new electric vehicles may be just the ticket to allow them to bypass these dealerships forever.

All I can say is, bring it on!!
I agree 100%. The whole point with this post was to expose how they didn't mind wasting my time and having me on the hook with the hopes of selling me a vehicle despite me telling them I will never buy a vehicle over MSRP. I wouldn't have a problem with them if they actually told me the truth initially that they will infact charge over MSRP. I have specifically asked them about pricing which is the very reason why I got them to put it in writing. We literally spent like 45 minutes talking about the Bronco Raptor order and how I will not buy over MSRP so if they can promise not to charge me over MSRP I would wait. I waited and when the day came I hear a guy say "you are not going to like what I'm about to say" I was like here we go. I wouldn't buy it $1 over MSRP just out of principle and I can def afford the vehicle. They have been screwing people with this ever since the Bronco came out. I hope Ford fixes this and allows people to order direct from them. There is no need for this middle man at all and Elon Musk is 100% right about this.

Last edited:

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I inquired about the Raptor before it was even officially announced since I knew the rumors. Of course at that time they told me there was nothing official but I told them to put my name down. When it did come out all of a sudden I was not on the list for 2022 despite being one of the first people to inquire about it. This is another problem I had with them. It's the constant lying that bothers me. I don't have a problem with markups but I told them earlier this year if there will be a mark up for the Raptor version I am not interested so don't waste my time. They said, there will not be a markup as long as u put in an order and u're willing to wait for the order to be built. I said, are you willing to give me a signed letter stating this and they said yes. Today they call my brother and I in since we are the first on the list for the 2023 and next thing u know they say oh there is a markup. My issue with them is wasting my time and not being honest from the get go after I specifically asked those questions and had those conversations about all of this months ago. Just a huge waste of my time.

Obviously you have no idea how this works regarding the Bronco Raptor and neither did your salesman/dealership. The 22MY Bronco Raptor was a hand selection by Ford for people still holding an unscheduled Bronco reservation from July 13, 2020 thru September 17, 2020. If you didn't have a reservation from that time period you were shit out of luck. My local dealership only got three Bronco Raptor allocations for 22MY (mine included with a build date of June 6, 2022) with all three of us agreeing to a 15k market-up. Our local dealer has always done a mark-up on Raptors and Shelby's as these are special allocations to the dealership only.

Now it's possible a hand selected reservationists decided against the Bronco Raptor and that opened the door for someone else to slide in at the dealerships discretion. You stated you weren't going to pay a mark-up, why would they reach out to you if they got an open allocation? I sure wouldn't have!

My MSRP is $80,070 for my Bronco Raptor in Code Orange. I'll be happy to sell it to you as I already have a 21MY Bronco Badlands 2.7L, Sas, Lux pkg, Tow pkg in Area 51. Price is $175,000 firm.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Obviously you have no idea how this works regarding the Bronco Raptor and neither did your salesman/dealership. The 22MY Bronco Raptor was a hand selection by Ford for people still holding an unscheduled Bronco reservation from July 13, 2020 thru September 17, 2020. If you didn't have a reservation from that time period you were shit out of luck. My local dealership only got three Bronco Raptor allocations for 22MY (mine included with a build date of June 6, 2022) with all three of us agreeing to a 15k market-up. Our local dealer has always done a mark-up on Raptors and Shelby's as these are special allocations to the dealership only.

Now it's possible a hand selected reservationists decided against the Bronco Raptor and that opened the door for someone else to slide in at the dealerships discretion. You stated you weren't going to pay a mark-up, why would they reach out to you if they got an open allocation? I sure wouldn't have!
I have no idea man, I was just doing as I was told by the dealership. Like I said I was on a waiting list with the dealership and they called me today. They promised they weren't gonna do a markup which is why I entertained the idea of getting one in the first place. I got a signed letter from them saying they won't go over MSRP. They changed their mind today and told me they made a mistake when they gave me the letter and when they made that promise.

BRaptor813

Raptor
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm not complaining about not having allocations, or the wait period, or even markup. I am complaining about dealerships lying, that's it. I can accept whatever answer they give me, I just want to call out liars. That's all this is, I don't need you to feel sorry for me I'm good.
If you want to call them out post the letter. If you don’t post the letter then your argument is invalid because no letter exists and you did not have an order or a reservation or a golden ticket for a Bronco Raptor in the first place. You had a conversation (which we are not so sure of at this point) and that’s all.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you want to call them out post the letter. If you don’t post the letter then your argument is invalid because no letter exists and you did not have an order or a reservation or a golden ticket for a Bronco Raptor in the first place. You had a conversation (which we are not so sure of at this point) and that’s all.
I really don't care if you believe me or not. I know what happened. I posted this because I have read numerous similar stories before from other people as well this is nothing new, u're acting like this doesn't happen. I don't have a single interest in making up a story like this. It's really not that deep. I was just genuinely pissed off about the whole ordeal.

Ford Bronco Ford needs to know: 2023 Bronco Raptor Ford Dealership Order Disaster Screenshot_20220530-192421~3

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You got that letter?

Edited: Am I drunk on Memorial Day or wasn't there some kind of ticket system for these to be available to people who already had Bronco orders? 'cause the way I read it OP and brother went in to just get "put on a list" for a Raptor? Because this below makes me think, if you thought just popping into a dealership and "being put on a list" wasn't going to work out well for you.

"FEBRUARY 11 CUSTOMER CRM

Tomorrow, Friday, February 11th we are sending a communication to those customers that expressed interest (Hand Raisers) in receiving a 2022 Bronco Raptor. There will be two versions of the communication:
• Version 1: You’ve been selected to order a Ford Bronco® RaptorTM
• Version 2: An update on Ford Bronco® RaptorTM
o Customer was not selected for the opportunity to order a Bronco Raptor via the Hand Raiser program

To help align messaging, all dealerships will receive a list of customers that expressed interest in Bronco Raptor and whether they were selected for the opportunity to order a Bronco Raptor via the hand raiser program. Allocation will be provided to cover these orders. Please look out for the list of customers from your regional representative in the next 24 hours. Total allocation numbers will be communicated during the next wholesale period.

BRONCO RAPTOR CUSTOMER SELECTION PROCESS

Customers were selected for the opportunity to order a Bronco Raptor based on the criteria listed below:
• Reservation Timestamp within their dealership
NOTE: To ensure Raptors go to as many customers as possible, Bronco Raptor selection is limited to 1 unit per
unique email address

NEXT STEPS FOR HAND RAISERS SELECTED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO ORDER A BRONCO RAPTOR

Current Order Holders:
o No action is required at this time. We will send another communication when the Order Bank opens in March instructing customers to work with their dealership to change their unscheduled Bronco order to a Bronco Raptor.
o NOTE: All customers with an unscheduled order selected to order a Bronco Raptor will have their priority code moved to 99 to ensure their order does not schedule. If they no longer wish to order a Bronco Raptor, verify their build configuration is correct and remove the 99PC so the order is eligible for scheduling.
• Current Unconverted Reservation Holders:
o Please work with customers who have not placed an order yet to convert their reservation to an order.
These orders should remain on 99PC until the order bank opens in March and customers can fully configure their order to a Bronco Raptor."
you spot on ,this dude crying because he was not on a made up list for the Raptor and that dealer mark up the one Raptor that they getting that someone else was picked by Ford to get .He does not even have a Raptor order and he bitching about the 10k dealer mark up .Did he even put in a reservation or place a order for any Bronco he did not say .
Sponsored