UpstateNY585

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any reasonable explanations for Ford not having their performance tune released? I like some of the aftermarket ones but worry about Warranty issues.
I picked up my 2.3 MT Badlands on Saturday. Asked my sales rep (who has been very open and great communication) when the Ford tune would be available. He told me not to waste my money, and to buy the Cobb tune or similar when it comes out. He assured me that the Bronco doesn't "data log" computer changes like my GTI does. (the second you plug a tune into German cars, they flag the change and it is recorded permanently)
With the Cobb and similar you can always flash back to factory and apparently leave no trace on the Bronco.
I of course will be confirming this again before I tune (when available) but I can't see my rep giving me false info intentionally.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been running Cobb tunes on 3 STis since 2007. I’m a big fan but I wouldn’t guarantee that it can be uninstalled and dealer can’t tell. Same for any tune, even JB4 piggyback. I always assume if something goes wrong, I’m going to be responsible for the repair. I've had great luck with my Subarus but others haven’t. It’s a risk but I always thought it was worth it for an extra 100 whp and 150 wtq(Flexfuel tuned STi)

Basic tune on Bronco 2.3 should be really “peppy”, especially 2 door Manual, 4.7 gears even more so.

UpstateNY585

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been running Cobb tunes on 3 STis since 2007. I’m a big fan but I wouldn’t guarantee that it can be uninstalled and dealer can’t tell. Same for any tune, even JB4 piggyback. I always assume if something goes wrong, I’m going to be responsible for the repair. I've had great luck with my Subarus but others haven’t. It’s a risk but I always thought it was worth it for an extra 100 whp and 150 wtq(Flexfuel tuned STi)

Basic tune on Bronco 2.3 should be really “peppy”, especially 2 door Manual, 4.7 gears even more so.
I agree. As many of us do, I have been reading every review and complaint of every model Bronco. I was worried that the 2.3 4dr manual was going to be a real dog, but now I am thoroughly impressed with the engine, power, and especially HOW FUN the manual is to drive. Its really hard for me to keep it under 85 on the highway, and doesn't take much to get it there. Around town it is just a blast and I look forward to driving it every day.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my 2.3 MT Badlands on Saturday. Asked my sales rep (who has been very open and great communication) when the Ford tune would be available. He told me not to waste my money, and to buy the Cobb tune or similar when it comes out. He assured me that the Bronco doesn't "data log" computer changes like my GTI does. (the second you plug a tune into German cars, they flag the change and it is recorded permanently)
With the Cobb and similar you can always flash back to factory and apparently leave no trace on the Bronco.
I of course will be confirming this again before I tune (when available) but I can't see my rep giving me false info intentionally.
Do not trust your dealer. Either get the Ford tune or a plug-in version like Panda or JB4. The plug-in versions should not be detectable once removed.

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Loving my 2.3 manual. Baja mode/ sport mode really wakes it up. Wish it was like that from start up. That said, looking forward to the ford perf tune promised a long time ago. First world problems.

Sponsored

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this is the first thread I found for the 2.3, but do you guys really like it? I’m thinking of switching my order to it and just doing the tube if anything too. It’s only going to be a weekend/ off-road vehicle so I don’t care too much for the extra but Idk why I just wanted to check all the premium boxes haha. BL, sas, lux (possibly 2.3)
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is the first thread I found for the 2.3, but do you guys really like it? I’m thinking of switching my order to it and just doing the tube if anything too. It’s only going to be a weekend/ off-road vehicle so I don’t care too much for the extra but Idk why I just wanted to check all the premium boxes haha. BL, sas, lux (possibly 2.3)
Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
The 2.3L was the only option for the manual transmission, the manual transmission was the only option for me personally. It has enough power in stock form with 4.7 gears in my Badlands, I’ll always take more if available hence asking about the tune.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The 2.3 is more than powerful enough for me. I honestly don't see a need for the 2.7. The tune just seems fun if it's an option. To level set I'm coming from a 2012 4cl Jetta and the bronco 2.3 is a rocket ship in comparison.

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.3L was the only option for the manual transmission, the manual transmission was the only option for me personally. It has enough power in stock form with 4.7 gears in my Badlands, I’ll always take more if available hence asking about the tune.
My bad. I assumed you had an automatic. I’m just tired of waiting so long but I’m going to test drive a 2.3 auto today so I guess I’ll see first hand. Thanks
Sponsored