First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lower to 34 -35 psi and you will have more tire contact. If the Lower psi don't help have the alignment checked. I like your tires .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zen89

Zen89

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What Iā€™m about to say is sacrilege:
KO2ā€˜s on my Tacoma were the worst. No kidding.
I've had ko2ā€™s in the past. I didnā€™t love them and they seemed to run on the small side too, so I swapped them for ridgegrapplers. But in this size and lower weights, itā€™s really only ko2 or the Toyo at3. Hence why Iā€™m trying these toyos out.

Guess Iā€™ll air them down a bit and get my alignment this weekend and see what happens. I just wanted to see if the narrower tire could be an issue so I can try and exchange them for a 285 before I paid for an alignment.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Taste in tires are like taste in women (or men).
I gave up on BFGs years ago when I couldnā€™t keep them in balance and have never missed them. A lot of people love them so they do offer something.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What he said.

1. Alignment. Doesn't matter if it tracks straight or not.
2. Lower your air pressure. Higher load rating tires (like D / E) are rated at certain LBS of weight for each tire based on a certain PSI

Find a Load D tire PSI chart and go from there. I can tell you there is NO WAY you need 40psi in those tires.

Our '22 dr BB got 17x8.5" (0 Offset) wheels and 315/70/17 Load E tires the day we picked it up from the dealer. (Zero lift / spacers BTW - removed crash bars. No run / scrub lock to lock even under flex).

I did the math (Load E tires / actual weight of the Bronco etc) and got a starting point. I run 'em at 32 psi and it's rock solid stable to 80mph.

You want to know why so many people add bigger LT tires to trucks / SUVs and then gripe about how "harsh" the ride it? Because they have way too much air in them.

Recommended PSI for your tires is based on the LOAD Range / Size of the tire and Gross Vehicle Weight.

I can almost GUARANTEE you that if you lowered your air pressure to 34-35psi it would ride / handle better.

I remember buying an older Miata for almost NOTHING. Kid says his Dad said the suspension was totally worn out and needed replacing and it had a blown head gasket. Got it for $150 ($50 more than the junk car guy was offering him). It was a cut radiator hose. (yes I'm serious) and it had BRAND NEW Michelin tires on it that were aired up to 40psi. That thing jumped around on the road like it was trying to wreck.

Recommend tire psi for that car (remember it's based on WEIGHT) was 26psi. Aired 'em down, replaced the radiator hose and ran the hell out of that car (like a go cart) and sold it for a nice profit a month later.

I don't even run 40PSI in my F150 with Load E when towing my tractor / equipment trailer.
Hereā€™s the chart. https://www.toyotires.com/media/pxcjubjs/application_of_load_inflation_tables_20200723.pdf
You need 1.5X your weight rating for safe highway use.
I run 30PSI in my skinny Toyos and have no problems at 80 mph+, although most of my miles come under 60mph. I air up to 36psi when Iā€™m fully loaded(top, doors, 3 people, all our gear, etc), which is rare.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with 35x10.5 Kenda RTs and have no issues at 40psi.

As far as tire pressure, anytime I change wheels, tires, or normal payload; I will ignore the factory suggestions.

I like to do the chalk test, where you use sidewalk chalk and clean concrete to get a clear indication of how the tread is contacting the pavement. If the tread pattern on the concrete is lighter on the outside than the center of the tread, you're overinflated.
Thatā€™s the tire Iā€™m really leaning towards

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run 285/75R17 C rated Toyo OCAT3 at 36 psi on a 17x8.5 Method wheel with +35mm offset. Mine drives just like stock with the 285/70 BFGā€™s. I havenā€™t added the leveling kit yet, but my next stop will be the alignment shop.

Iā€™m pleased with the tires, but they do have a slight hum at 70 mph. Iā€™m hoping that goes away as they break in.

OP
OP
Zen89

Zen89

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually just double checked my PSi and it's 37. It's quite a bit of tire float/tread squirm at anything above 65mph.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™d think you having a lot more sidewall than stock could possible cause some of that feeling as well

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read the Toyo AT3 was a pretty good tire. I use to run Nitto Ridgegrapplers. Should i have went KO2 instead?
Is there a reason you went with D Load tires? I have the P rated 275/65R18 on my OBX and theyā€™ve run great for 3k miles. I would check your inflation level to see how it impacts the highway ride. You made a pretty significant change from stock so maybe it will take some getting used to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zen89

Zen89

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a reason you went with D Load tires? I have the P rated 275/65R18 on my OBX and theyā€™ve run great for 3k miles. I would check your inflation level to see how it impacts the highway ride. You made a pretty significant change from stock so maybe it will take some getting used to.
the two sizes I was considering were 285/75/17 C load, and these 34x10.5ā€ D load. I went with the 34x10.5 because they were 5 lbs lighter per tire. 2 weeks ago, gas was $7 a gallon, so wanted to save some unsprung weight.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I lifted my Ranger it felt a little squirrely as well until I got it aligned. I'm pretty sure that is your problem. An ifs lift affects camber, the wheels will lean in or out, which means you dont have the full tire on the ground.
Ford Bronco Tire stability on narrow tires 1656733841645

Pretty sure it also makes it toe in which would make it squirrely as well.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a newer Tacoma with the 16ā€ wheels I think the BFGā€™s are only available in E load rating, no surprise that they rode poorly on a light truck. I was looking for a 265/75R16 for my Taco last year, e rated only for BFG.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You could always try putting your other tires back on and narrow it down to either lift/alignment or tires.
Sponsored