Sponsored

Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have you seen the price for bead lock wheels on the Raptor? Obviously not lol.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seams very steep if you ask me!! The only reason I’m interested in the Sasquatch package is gearing.

Spacers are an add (pennies)
tires are a swap (a few more dollars for bigger rubber)
Gearing is a swap
Bead locks wheels (slightly more but I’ll prolly change them anyway)

so WTF....?
7sp, problem solved.
My wife cant drive stick, if she needs to use it she wpuldnt be able to. Also, no Sasquatch package without auto trans.
Teach her. Sasquatch is too expensive.
Are we forgetting that the squach also buys you a 10 speed automatic. Isn't the auto a $1500 option? So a BL Squach is technically a grand for 35"s, 4.70's and beadlocks.
You need to pay for auto as well.
Have you seen the price for bead lock wheels on the Raptor? Obviously not lol.
True Story!

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Richtor - My wife doesn't care to learn. I can't force her. I've tried to talk to her about it. No dice. She agreed to cover the cost of Sasq. package + auto. trans cost. Im cool with that.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not like the 4.7 adds cost over the 4.46 in the same diff. This is effectively $2500 for tires and different wheels, but still aluminum wheels of probably similar cost. The price is really screwed when you consider Sasquatch on the others is only twice as much...when Badlands is way more than halfway there in cost difference. That sucks.

I’ll probably buy it now without Sas and add 35s for $600 or so more after selling/trading the new 33s.
This has been my plan for a while now. Get a Badlands 2-door with the 2.3L, manual transmission, Lux Package, Tow Package, painted black top. I'll swap out the 33 inch all terrains almost immediately for 285/75/17 all terrain tires. That will put me super close in tire height to the Sasquatch package anyway and I really don't foresee there being any clearance issues with that tire size. Only thing is my speedometer will be slightly off.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if we’ll be able to select the beadlock ring color when Sasquatching our Bronco? Powder coating the rings wouldn’t be a big deal, but still a hassle. I’m really not a fan of multiple colors/finishes on wheels. $2500 for beadlocks, a set of five 35” tires, and 4.7 gears makes sense I guess, but I don’t want to pay for something I don’t want as far as those wheels go.
I read some where there are 2-3 diff ring color choices

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we forgetting that the squach also buys you a 10 speed automatic. Isn't the auto a $1500 option? So a BL Squach is technically a grand for 35"s, 4.70's and beadlocks.
I don’t think the Sasquatch Pack includes the Auto, but requires it. Meaning you’re paying for the SAS and the 10spd.

I read some where there are 2-3 diff ring color choices
Just give me black rings and don’t charge me for it. Although I do wonder something else. The info on the SAS wheels say “beadlock capable”, right? So do the rings even come with the SAS or is that an up charge as well and you only get the capability to put rings on your wheels?

Maybe the pessimist in me is taking over.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think the Sasquatch Pack includes the Auto, but requires it. Meaning you’re paying for the SAS and the 10spd.

Just give me black rings and don’t charge me for it. Although I do wonder something else. The info on the SAS wheels say “beadlock capable”, right? So do the rings even come with the SAS or is that an up charge as well and you only get the capability to put rings on your wheels?

Maybe the pessimist in me is taking over.

Yeah I think you have to buy the actual bead lock rings through Ford performance. Ford technically cannot sell your anything that isn’t street legal. Ford Performance can

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I think you have to buy the actual bead lock rings through Ford performance. Ford technically cannot sell your anything that isn’t street legal. Ford Performance can
That’s right! Thanks.

So I just need the SAS wheels to look good without the ring and be black. I have no plans on purchasing rings if we’re correct. Won’t need/use them.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if we’ll be able to select the beadlock ring color when Sasquatching our Bronco? Powder coating the rings wouldn’t be a big deal, but still a hassle. I’m really not a fan of multiple colors/finishes on wheels. $2500 for beadlocks, a set of five 35” tires, and 4.7 gears makes sense I guess, but I don’t want to pay for something I don’t want as far as those wheels go.
Looks like standard is black ring and optional is warm alloy according to this pdf (Page 2 under Sasquatch Package Series).

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...21/mediakit/21_Bronco_Prelim_Tech_Specs_1.pdf

Sponsored

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the sheet.

So is the “beauty ring” different from a beadlock ring?
I've read here on the forum beadlock rings aren't DOT legal, so Ford is selling Bead-lock capable wheels. So you get a wheel rash "beauty" ring instead of a functional beadlock. You can buy parts to make it a functional beadlock for offroad.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read here on the forum beadlock rings aren't DOT legal, so Ford is selling Bead-lock capable wheels. So you get a wheel rash "beauty" ring instead of a functional beadlock.
Correct, I’ve never heard of anyplace where beadlocks are legal on roads. But if their definition of “beadlock capable” is a rash ring you can install and replace as it scratches up, then they and I have very different definitions of what a beadlock wheel is.

I assumed Ford had developed a wheel you could convert from normal use to beadlock.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct, I’ve never heard of anyplace where beadlocks are legal on roads. But if their definition of “beadlock capable” is a rash ring you can install and replace as it scratches up, then they and I have very different definitions of what a beadlock wheel is.

I assumed Ford had developed a wheel you could convert from normal use to beadlock.
Someone with more experience than me will have to chime in. I think these wheels are fully capable to be converted to be a full beadlock wheel based purely on marking and cost (from other platforms) with the right aftermarket or parts department parts. I just think that from the factory, you get a beauty ring. I'm not an offroad or a serious racer so I haven't heard of or used beadlocks before.
Sponsored