First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a FE reservation so Sasquatch with 4.70 gearing will be included. I am planning to trade in a Raptor (4.10 gearing) and I’m currently running 37s on it. I have a Suburban with 4.56 gears on 35s but when I was driving to West Texas I went to 37s so it didn‘t sound like it was going to blow up running 2500 rpm the whole way. So 35s with 4.56 gearing is not ideal for highway use (I know 10 speed is different though)

Since I will be doing a lot of daily driving (80-150 miles per day) I’m thinking I will at least go 37“ tires but with 4.70 gearing I think there is room to run bigger. I’m talking about 90% highway use and about 10% serious offroad. So yes I know 4.70 would be great with 35s for off-road use but what are y’alls thoughts about highway use? I’m thinking it will be geared way too low for a daily driver and I wouldn’t be surprised to see people running 40s with 4.70 gearing.
Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going 37s but don't plan on going bigger. I may run the 35s for a few weeks. Not sure yet. I'm really thinking about not adding the 2in lift at first and just see if it rubs. If it does then I will. The 35s are MTs and I don't care for MTs. My plan is to run TOYO open country RTs

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4.70 is going to be way different with the 10 speed. Wouldn't surprise me if they have different gearing in the higher tranny gears. With 35's I bet you will be at about 2000-2200 on the highway. Don't forget, Ford has to meet some pretty strict EPA standards.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems like 37's will require the 2 inch lift that Ford hasn't even provided any detail on.
There certainly appears to be enough room in the wheel well to fit 37's, especially BFG's because they run small.
The thing with lifts and IFS is you need to determine how much lift CV angles can get away with before premature boot wear and CV binding becomes an issue.
With the 5th Gen 4Runner a 2 inch lift was not a problem, but going 37's was not possible.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the stock 35s (actually 34.4) and 10 speed, you'll be at 2200rpm at 75mph.

Ford Bronco Who’s going 37s...or even bigger? bronco-ratio-47-35.PNG

If you step up to 37s, you'll be at 2037.

Ford Bronco Who’s going 37s...or even bigger? bronco-ratio-47-37.PNG

With 40s you'll be at 1900rpm.

Ford Bronco Who’s going 37s...or even bigger? bronco-ratio-47-40.PNG

I have to say the idea of howling down the interstate for 150 miles a day on 37s doesn't sound like a great time.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on running 37’s but I am pretty sure a lift would be needed. Every vehicle is different so I was going to wait to see how it went after 37’s were on. I have an Fj on 33’s and I installed 4:56’s and it runs great. If I didn’t live in the mountains it would of been fine with the factory gear set.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Californian voice* 40s, maaaannn

Sponsored
OP
OP
Uknowit

Uknowit

First Edition
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems like 37's will require the 2 inch lift that Ford hasn't even provided any detail on.
There certainly appears to be enough room in the wheel well to fit 37's, especially BFG's because they run small.
The thing with lifts and IFS is you need to determine how much lift CV angles can get away with before premature boot wear and CV binding becomes an issue.
With the 5th Gen 4Runner a 2 inch lift was not a problem, but going 37's was not possible.
Yeah I figure 2” lift to fit 37s comfortably and with a 4” you could probably fit 40s. Proper lift and correct geometry is a must. 2” lift would be simply and pretty straight forward however if anyone goes bigger then don’t do cheap lifts.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure 37's could be made to fit with sasquatch, but probably make some sasquatch growling noises off-road. If 37" BFG's are really only 35.5" installed, that's not actually going 37" and would work for bragging rights.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind that the 35 option already has about 1.5" of lift, so you might be looking at 2 1/2- 3 "of lift. I would not go more than this. I hope to run 37's , but will start with 35's. While those tires are wearing out I'll be watching the Beta testers results on what lifts are giving more travel & how well the stock axles are handling 37's on the trails. I am still a believer that the smallest amount of lift for the tires you want to run is best, even more so with IFS.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind that the 35 option already has about 1.5" of lift, so you might be looking at 2 1/2- 3 "of lift. I would not go more than this. I hope to run 37's , but will start with 35's. While those tires are wearing out I'll be watching the Beta testers results on what lifts are giving more travel & how well the stock axles are handling 37's on the trails. I am still a believer that the smallest amount of lift for the tires you want to run is best, even more so with IFS.
like the mega raptors. 4'' lift and they have 40s. https://www.megarexxtrucks.com/
Sponsored