Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a FE reservation so Sasquatch with 4.70 gearing will be included. I am planning to trade in a Raptor (4.10 gearing) and I’m currently running 37s on it. I have a Suburban with 4.56 gears on 35s but when I was driving to West Texas I went to 37s so it didn‘t sound like it was going to blow up running 2500 rpm the whole way. So 35s with 4.56 gearing is not ideal for highway use (I know 10 speed is different though)

Since I will be doing a lot of daily driving (80-150 miles per day) I’m thinking I will at least go 37“ tires but with 4.70 gearing I think there is room to run bigger. I’m talking about 90% highway use and about 10% serious offroad. So yes I know 4.70 would be great with 35s for off-road use but what are y’alls thoughts about highway use? I’m thinking it will be geared way too low for a daily driver and I wouldn’t be surprised to see people running 40s with 4.70 gearing.

If 37s fit on my Sasquatch, they will be installed. 4.70 will be more than enough, especially with the 10 speed trans
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going 37s but don't plan on going bigger. I may run the 35s for a few weeks. Not sure yet. I'm really thinking about not adding the 2in lift at first and just see if it rubs. If it does then I will. The 35s are MTs and I don't care for MTs. My plan is to run TOYO open country RTs
These tire are “multi-terrain” not mud terrain. These tires are basically hybrids like the RTs.

OP
OP
Uknowit

Uknowit

First Edition
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will be going 37s... possibly wear out the 33s first. Are you going to run the 35s a few days and see how they work out? ...that's a lot of daily miles.

Random site for people thinking about tire sizes and gearing:
https://www.4lo.com/calc/geartire.php
Nope. I will have new wheels and tires at dealership before I take delivery if they are going to offer 2” lift from factory.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Keep in mind that the 35 option already has about 1.5" of lift, so you might be looking at 2 1/2- 3 "of lift. I would not go more than this. I hope to run 37's , but will start with 35's. While those tires are wearing out I'll be watching the Beta testers results on what lifts are giving more travel & how well the stock axles are handling 37's on the trails. I am still a believer that the smallest amount of lift for the tires you want to run is best, even more so with IFS.
I totally agree.
And if I need to start replacing the stock UCA with aftermarket due lift to accommodate 37's I will not do it. I've been down the aftermarket rabbit hole too many times and the snow ball effect it creates.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These tire are “multi-terrain” not mud terrain. These tires are basically hybrids like the RTs.
Copy and pasted off the Ford website. It says M/T but you maybe right. If you are I will run the 35s and when they a shot I will go 37s

• 315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain (M/T) (35")

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like the mega raptors. 4'' lift and they have 40s. https://www.megarexxtrucks.com/
40's on stock 44's & what type of use? Just sand bombing? You get a big wheel at full lock & droop lockers engaged with some resistance & add a little bit of gas, things can go bad quickly.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree.
And if I need to start replacing the stock UCA with aftermarket due lift to accommodate 37's I will not do it. I've been down the aftermarket rabbit hole too many times and the snow ball effect it creates.
Finding a good set of after market uca’s was a learning curve for me. My second set was Quiet and worked just like stock but I couldn’t even give my first set away!!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a FE reservation so Sasquatch with 4.70 gearing will be included. I am planning to trade in a Raptor (4.10 gearing) and I’m currently running 37s on it. I have a Suburban with 4.56 gears on 35s but when I was driving to West Texas I went to 37s so it didn‘t sound like it was going to blow up running 2500 rpm the whole way. So 35s with 4.56 gearing is not ideal for highway use (I know 10 speed is different though)

Since I will be doing a lot of daily driving (80-150 miles per day) I’m thinking I will at least go 37“ tires but with 4.70 gearing I think there is room to run bigger. I’m talking about 90% highway use and about 10% serious offroad. So yes I know 4.70 would be great with 35s for off-road use but what are y’alls thoughts about highway use? I’m thinking it will be geared way too low for a daily driver and I wouldn’t be surprised to see people running 40s with 4.70 gearing.
Milestar Patagonia MT has a REALLY nice 38" BSW!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the 35s are not MTs .. I know it says MT but the territory MT are not MTs. You will see.

I'm going 37s but don't plan on going bigger. I may run the 35s for a few weeks. Not sure yet. I'm really thinking about not adding the 2in lift at first and just see if it rubs. If it does then I will. The 35s are MTs and I don't care for MTs. My plan is to run TOYO open country RTs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Uknowit

Uknowit

First Edition
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Raptor looks great.
Presuming you lifted. How much lift and how do the CV boots look?
Thanks. It’s about 2.5” lift. I changed out the front springs to Gieser Springs. CV boots are fine. I think suspension is designed for like 13” of travel up front so they can handle 3” pretty easily

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. It’s about 2.5” lift. I changed out the front springs to Gieser Springs. CV boots are fine. I think suspension is designed for like 13” of travel up front so they can handle 3” pretty easily
I hope the Bronco will have the same results. All lift kits are not created equal. if all it's doing is clearing tires, but providing no extra travel or in some cases losing downward travel & just causing angle problems, no thanks.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is that the Oxford white that is being offered on the Bronco?
Sponsored