First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watch this piss in people's Cheerios... I would prefer a 2in Body Lift to clear 37s.........?
For me body lift is a Bronco tradition. I live in mud/snow country, so even w/no other mods it helps keep mud from being packed between the body and frame. Makes cleaning the underbody w/a pressure washer easier. Just makes life easier till I gotta work under the hood:(. I'm doing a body lift 1st thing regardless of any other mods. Dont know why people turn up thier nose about body lift? I mean its an easy mod and can be added to any frame truck w/other mods. Federal limit is 3". I have done 3 and 2. Might try 3 to see how it looks...pretty easy to remove an inch if i don't like it!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's funny how many people worry about the accuracy of the speedo, like it's always accurate from the factory. Who doesn't have the ability to use a GPS to verify speed these days? Drive it at 55 and 80 and see how much it's off. Not a big deal to remember. I doubt I've ever had an accurate speedo after tire and gear changes. Not a concern at all.

As far as the engine having the power, that is where gears come in. Doesn't take a lot of power to get things going, just need the right gears. I've driven a few old Power Wagons with 37s and never felt power was an issue and I doubt I was getting 150 horses at the wheel.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny how many people worry about the accuracy of the speedo, like it's always accurate from the factory. Who doesn't have the ability to use a GPS to verify speed these days? Drive it at 55 and 80 and see how much it's off. Not a big deal to remember. I doubt I've ever had an accurate speedo after tire and gear changes. Not a concern at all.

As far as the engine having the power, that is where gears come in. Doesn't take a lot of power to get things going, just need the right gears. I've driven a few old Power Wagons with 37s and never felt power was an issue and I doubt I was getting 150 horses at the wheel.
Simple answer.

The mileage on the odometer will be off...

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple answer.

Yeah, the mileage is off too. Never been a concern either. On the back of every title I have it's got a place to check if odometer is not accurate and almost every vehicle I've sold it's been checked. No one has cared.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those interested in diy body lift we should start a thread on it.
Simple answer.

This can be easily solved w/software today. Of course many customers will not bother. Are u calling warranty fraud if anybody installs more meat?

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting for my new wheels and 37s to get hear. It's going to look good on my badlands sas. I have a 3" zone lift on its way also
Sponsored