Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a order date of 8/14/21 , do I need to be in line at my dealer on opening day of MY23 to keep my place in line ? I hope Ford does not reshuffle the deck
No, Ford will be converting 22 orders over to 23 order September 1-11 for dealers so they can keep the priority dates on orders.
Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did I read somewhere that the MY22 to MY23 orders will have a sub-10 priority code or is that wishful thinking?

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
New to ford ordering. Can new customers order 23 Broncos?

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New to ford ordering. Can new customers order 23 Broncos ?

not presently

Q4 Ford plans to re-evaluate - see if good time to re-open the Order Bank, which has been closed to new customers since early March

next month Existing Order-Holders can Convert their Orders to '23

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
not presently

Q4 Ford plans to re-evaluate - see if good time to re-open the Order Bank, which has been closed to new customers since early March

next month Existing Order-Holders can Convert their Orders to '23
Time to order a wrangler 392 in mean time. Why can ford not figure out this production issue? Makes no sense to me. Demand is high, put other factories to help build broncos, mavericks etc.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time to order a wrangler 392 in mean time. Why can ford not figure out this production issue? Makes no sense to me. Demand is high, put other factories to help build broncos, mavericks etc.
I absolutely agree
Itā€™s a cluster and coming in Today thatā€™s your only option

definitely time to order a 392
Since none of the broncos minus a raptor compare with the 392

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I absolutely agree
Itā€™s a cluster and coming in Today thatā€™s your only option

definitely time to order a 392
Since none of the broncos minus a raptor compare with the 392
Had a 392 wrangler xr few months back. That took about 5 months from order to delivery. Had to sell it as had personal reasons and did not expect to arrive that quick.

Broncos should not take months to many years to get. By time they hit customers, the hype will die down. I like the Bronco and will order one but its a shame that Ford can mess up this release.

As far as 392 vs raptor. Based on Hagerty video, the 392 is more of muscle type off-roader. No replacement for displacement.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Modern vehicles cannot just get assembled at another factory. It takes tons of time and money to retrofit a modern assembly line for a new or different build.

Long term, Ford can't just drop oodles of money to refit a different factory to build more Mavericks and Broncos.

Plus, ALL factories are not keeping up. Demand is high and the supply chain is effed up. GM even announced a week or two ago that their sales are down due to supply chain issues. You can't build more vehicles if you don't have more parts.šŸ˜ž

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why can ford not figure out this production issue? Makes no sense to me. Demand is high, put other factories to help build broncos, mavericks etc.
I know, right? Why Ford doesn't shut down production on their other models, spend tens of millions and several months retooling other assembly lines to fit Bronco, re-direct a constrained supply chain, retrain hundreds of employees and make computer chips fall from the sky is beyond me.

Edit. RBF beat me to it.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Modern vehicles cannot just get assembled at another factory. It takes tons of time and money to retrofit a modern assembly line for a new or different build.

Long term, Ford can't just drop oodles of money to refit a different factory to build more Mavericks and Broncos.

Plus, ALL factories are not keeping up. Demand is high and the supply chain is effed up. GM even announced a week or two ago that their sales are down due to supply chain issues. You can't build more vehicles if you don't have more parts.šŸ˜ž
Correct but they can use factories to build parts, to not depend on Suppliers. Take a page out of Hyundai's book. They are the only manufacturer with in house steel refinery. Why not build more parts in house, why is Ford and other OEM manufacturers depending on suppliers?

If Jeep can build tons of wranglers in ohio for Domestic & export market, no reason why ford can't do the same. This excuse of suppliers, chips is getting old. They do not want to reinvest money back into factories. Prefer to outsource to Mexico to make more $$. Spending millions to invest into a products they can't keep up with demand, in terms of business decision is not a bad idea. By forcing people to wait, its human nature that people eventually move on.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct but they can use factories to build parts, to not depend on Suppliers. Take a page out of Hyundai's book. They are the only manufacturer with in house steel refinery. Why not build more parts in house, why is Ford and other OEM manufacturers depending on suppliers?

If Jeep can build tons of wranglers in ohio for Domestic & export market, no reason why ford can't do the same. This excuse of suppliers, chips is getting old. They do not want to reinvest money back into factories. Prefer to outsource to Mexico to make more $$. Spending millions to invest into a products they can't keep up with demand, in terms of business decision is not a bad idea. By forcing people to wait, its human nature that people eventually move on.
Did Jeep retool a RAM factory or a Renegage line to build more Wranglers.šŸ¤”

I thought your original comment said that Ford should just use their other factories to build more Broncos and Mavericks. Which vehicles do you want Ford to stop producing? They have already stopped making most of their cars.

Ford could build more Mavericks in the Hermosillo factory, but they would have to stop building Bronco Sports and spend millions to retool the Sport line to make Mavericks.

Ford could build more Broncos at MAP, but again, they would have to stop building Rangers and retool the Ranger line.

I know you are sick of hearing about chip shortages. We all are. But this is our current reality. The global supply chain is completed hosed. GM just released a statement a few weeks ago that they are in this same conundrum. No parts.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Except itā€™s not the steel parts they are short.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except itā€™s not the steel parts they are short.
Maybe they could make steel computer chips

i mean look at Tesla they are keeā€”- wait no they arent

soIā€™ll say it again
Time to order another 392. Thatā€™s what I would do if I were you

no bronco compares to it except the raptor and if itā€™s bronco or 392, you arenā€™t ordering a raptor anytime soon

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That isnā€™t how it works. You donā€™t just bring a factory online to build an entirely different model.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just trying to get into Bronco community. Ford clearly underestimated demand.

I will eventually get a bronco. Just this reminds me of the days of my family back in USSR. Where you had to overpay and wait many years to get a car. Not great vibes.
Sponsored