fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Guys, I did mine a while ago with a 12K warn winch. but have been out of country working. Here is the front of my Cyber Orange Badlands SAS with the BAMF bumper. Jerry I would really like to know how you installed the lights by the winch and I really wish I would have gotten the bull bar.

IMG_1689.jpg
Looks fantastic! So, you were able to get this to fit without the solenoid relocation? Do you have ACC? Did you relocate that?
Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guys, I did mine a while ago with a 12K warn winch. but have been out of country working. Here is the front of my Cyber Orange Badlands SAS with the BAMF bumper. Jerry I would really like to know how you installed the lights by the winch and I really wish I would have gotten the bull bar.

IMG_1689.jpg
Looks good. Can you grab some shots from the sides and at a lower angle?

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_1689.jpg

Looks good! The lights in the picture online are mounted to a bracket that mounts to the top of the winch. I feel like it's too shaky for most people so we haven't offered it.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@armandom - The BAMF bumper and your color matching looks dope! Nice BD lights all around too.

BAMF has been running 25% off sales, so last month I ordered my bumper - with the bull bar - and I'm excited to pick it up as soon as it is ready! 🐂 😁

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just came across this... You will be getting an order from me. Just need to double check my warn winch for compatibility and your site for a matching rear?

Sponsored

cburke996

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my overland bumper on ~2 weeks ago. Very happy with it, nicely constructed very heavy duty. Install was fairly straight forward, although I chose to run the sensor wiring through the bumper construction and had to depin the wires to fish it through. I realized later it isn't necessary, you can run them along the back outside of the bumper after it is bolted up. I plan on adding a 1" leveling kit since the added weight probably dropped it about an inch.

@BAMF I too think a sturdy light mount above the winch would be a great addition.
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper IMG_1506

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper IMG_1553

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper IMG_1620

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BAMF do you have a recommendation on skid plate to combine with the Overland? Are you going to be releasing one? Also, any update on a rear bumper?

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my overland bumper on ~2 weeks ago. Very happy with it, nicely constructed very heavy duty. Install was fairly straight forward, although I chose to run the sensor wiring through the bumper construction and had to depin the wires to fish it through. I realized later it isn't necessary, you can run them along the back outside of the bumper after it is bolted up. I plan on adding a 1" leveling kit since the added weight probably dropped it about an inch.

@BAMF I too think a sturdy light mount above the winch would be a great addition.
IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg
Thank you for posting….I have been waiting on a post with the bull bar to make a decision. This is the one for sure. Now all I need is $$$$$. Looks really good.

I have the RC 1” leveling kit already. The front in is still 1/4” lower. You may think about going with a 1.25” leveling kit.

How much did it drop the front end? Do you know the weight differential between what was there (capable or modular) and what you added?

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fantastic! So, you were able to get this to fit without the solenoid relocation? Do you have ACC? Did you relocate that?
I did get the solenoid relocate adapter but didn’t need it. As far as the ACC I moved it with his kit and it works great. The only thing I’ve noticed is my right parking sensor goes off while I’m driving and I think I must of not put it in correctly. Very happy with the bumper waiting for a rear bumper that holds the spare tire hint hint

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you guys have to mount the winch before installing the bumper, or can it be installed after?

Sponsored

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys have to mount the winch before installing the bumper, or can it be installed after?
I asked BAMF this question directly, and they recommend installing the winch at the time of bumper install because of how tucked the bumper is. It could be done after, but would essentially require taking the bumper back off.

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BAMF do you have a recommendation on skid plate to combine with the Overland? Are you going to be releasing one? Also, any update on a rear bumper?
We are currently running the badlands skids on ours. We should have our own skids and a rear bumper to order around the new year

fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are currently running the badlands skids on ours. We should have our own skids and a rear bumper to order around the new year
I'm eagerly awaiting the rear bumper.

Regarding the thermoplastic coating on the front bumper - is that something that can be user applied in addition to being field reparable with heat? For example, if I were to remove some of the coating to weld tabs on for lighting, is there a product/process that can blend in with the existing coating?

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm eagerly awaiting the rear bumper.

Regarding the thermoplastic coating on the front bumper - is that something that can be user applied in addition to being field reparable with heat? For example, if I were to remove some of the coating to weld tabs on for lighting, is there a product/process that can blend in with the existing coating?

Yes absolutely, You can coat whole parts if you have a way to evenly apply it and get the parts to temp. We have a Industrial Heat gun (Shrinkfast 998) and I've coated large parts with it . A hand held MAP gas torch or high end heat gun you could repair a 10x10 area at once to look nearly seamless. If you have an air compressor you could use this little powder gun https://www.harborfreight.com/10-30-psi-powder-coating-system-94244.html

The only issues with welding on a already coated part is over heating the powder. I would clear the coating back at least 1" from the welded area. Once over heated it looses its sheen and wont be able to flow out again after so the repair will be more noticeable. If if it smoking it's starting to get too hot. The powder melts and flows at 235F but you don't want the part temp over 375f so if you were goin to weld on it and recoat I would TIG on the tabs if possible to minimize heat transfer.

fenderbender

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes absolutely, You can coat whole parts if you have a way to evenly apply it and get the parts to temp. We have a Industrial Heat gun (Shrinkfast 998) and I've coated large parts with it . A hand held MAP gas torch or high end heat gun you could repair a 10x10 area at once to look nearly seamless. If you have an air compressor you could use this little powder gun https://www.harborfreight.com/10-30-psi-powder-coating-system-94244.html

The only issues with welding on a already coated part is over heating the powder. I would clear the coating back at least 1" from the welded area. Once over heated it looses its sheen and wont be able to flow out again after so the repair will be more noticeable. If if it smoking it's starting to get too hot. The powder melts and flows at 235F but you don't want the part temp over 375f so if you were goin to weld on it and recoat I would TIG on the tabs if possible to minimize heat transfer.
Wow, this sounds perfect. Can you link to the product itself? Do you know if it's available in home garage quantities?
Sponsored