Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like Mike is saying the same thing that Ford has been saying for the past month and a half. Nothing new here. He’s just reiterating the same things listed on Ford’s website.
First deliveries are expected in June and deliveries may go in to 2022.
A good number of people will likely end up canceling their reservation and some have already done so on here. So that number will keep fluxuating. COVID will likely NOT be a issue. It takes a lot to shut down an assembly line and with things looking better and everyone adjusting; staffing should be in fulll for force next year by the time production starts. Supply chain issues have gotten better before shit hit the fan a few months ago. So when factories start producing the final production parts there shouldn't be any hold ups. Hopefully its within the next few months.
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's not forget they probably will be making models for dealerships straight out. The advantage that those of us Reservations have is that for most of us we've gotten commitments from our dealers they will be charging MSRP and no ADM for reservations.
Meanwhile any Jane and Jon will have to deal with OB, BL, and Wildtraks 4DR for $75k-$80k+ or maybe even having to deal with a Base for $45k

Am I worried, maybe a little but it'll be ok since my current vehicle is paid off and I can just move my "car payments" into an MMA. My biggest disadvantage is I'll need to save more as the value of my current vehicle tanks

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let's not forget they probably will be making models for dealerships straight out. The advantage that those of us Reservations have is that for most of us we've gotten commitments from our dealers they will be charging MSRP and no ADM for reservations.
Meanwhile any Jane and Jon will have to deal with OB, BL, and Wildtraks 4DR for $75k-$80k+ or maybe even having to deal with a Base for $45k

Am I worried, maybe a little but it'll be ok since my current vehicle is paid off and I can just move my "car payments" into an MMA. My biggest disadvantage is I'll need to save more as the value of my current vehicle tanks
I don’t think the dealerships will be getting any inventory unless people order and don’t pay after delivery. That’s what Ford is telling the dealerships right now

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
A good number of people will likely end up canceling their reservation and some have already done so on here. So that number will keep fluxuating. COVID will likely NOT be a issue. It takes a lot to shut down an assembly line and with things looking better and everyone adjusting; staffing should be in fulll for force next year by the time production starts. Supply chain issues have gotten better before shit hit the fan a few months ago. So when factories start producing the final production parts there shouldn't be any hold ups. Hopefully its within the next few months.
Covid will absolutely be an issue. Especially in the Winter time. Its when all Viruses get worse. To make matters even worse its going to mix with Flu season. Almost all work places have protocols that are in place such as if your sick or have a fever stay home. Factorys have already shut down this year and they will again.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also have to remember that of those 165k reservations how many actually turn into "REAL" orders?
Have to agree here. My wife and I have reserved 3. We will get one, maybe two, but not three.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have to agree here. My wife and I have reserved 3. We will get one, maybe two, but not three.
I thought it was only 2 per household/address allowed?

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think the dealerships will be getting any inventory unless people order and don’t pay after delivery. That’s what Ford is telling the dealerships right now
Oh wow really? Man I'd think if any of us have crooked or bad dealers they'll try to dissuade reservations from taking delivery (for the reasons I mentioned above)
But the potential for the 2021s to be this "rare" thing peaked my interest in going from wait and see to actually reserving. Even if it doesn't turn out that way

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Covid will absolutely be an issue. Especially in the Winter time. Its when all Viruses get worse. To make matters even worse its going to mix with Flu season. Almost all work places have protocols that are in place such as if your sick or have a fever stay home. Factorys have already shut down this year and they will again.
Dude, you gotta chill out and relax more. You’re getting all worked up over something that might not be true, again. I also noticed on Twitter you were asking Mike questions that were already answered in the Q&A held by Ford on Twitter a few weeks ago. Some of those questions have been answered by Ford, Mike, and other officials and posted all over this forum and on any Google search. For the unknowns though, lets just wait and see what happens. Be optimistic.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh wow really? Man I'd think if any of us have crooked or bad dealers they'll try to dissuade reservations from taking delivery (for the reasons I mentioned above)
But the potential for the 2021s to be this "rare" thing peaked my interest in going from wait and see to actually reserving. Even if it doesn't turn out that way
Yes. That’s why most people are worrying about finding a good dealership before Oct 31st. A dealership that will put in writing that they have no mark-ups. Just like @Granger Ford

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude, you gotta chill out and relax more. You’re getting all worked up over something that might not be true, again. I also noticed on Twitter you were asking Mike questions that were already answered in the Q&A held by Ford on Twitter a few weeks ago. Let’s just wait and see what happens. Be optimistic.
I'm a realist. Im only stating what can happen. And as I said about what was stated weeks ago we didn't know an actual number of what was too many for them to handle for the first year. We do now.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a realist. Im only stating what can happen. And as I said about what was stated weeks ago we didn't know an actual number of what was too many for them to handle for the first year. We do now.

Right, but you were asking Mike questions about how the order process will work, etc. that’s been answered and thrown ALL over the inter webs for weeks.

Realist? I think this fits better:

fearmonger (plural fearmongers)
  1. Someone who spreads fear, or needlessly raises the alarm.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right, but you were asking Mike questions about how the order process will work, etc. that’s been answered and thrown ALL over the inter webs for weeks.

Will orders be taken in the order of reservations? Or will we be camping out at our dealership?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will orders be taken in the order of reservations? Or will we be camping out at our dealership?
They will be in order of reservations, for the most part. Ford says they will do the best they can. Exact order by reservation number cannot be met due to model ordered, color, upgrades, etc.
You will be given a window of time to order in December. The dealers take that order. Later Ford gives the dealers a window to submit those orders to Ford. After that Ford will start manufacturing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Yeah I'm a fearmonger. Do I scare you??

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will be in order of reservations, for the most part. Ford says they will do the best they can. Exact order by reservation number cannot be met due to model ordered, color, upgrades, etc.
You will be given a window of time to order in December. The dealers take that order. Later Ford gives the dealers a window to submit those orders to Ford. After that Ford will start manufacturing.
So we need a black market trading reservations for your model to get better seats..... Lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.