Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What if not all the reservations cant be filled before Ford switches to new model year 2022 Bronco's and they reveal new colors/options and the original reservation is set for 2021 color?

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. KindDizzyAbalone-size_restricted
Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they will basically be pulling numbers out of a hat.
No. What Albert is saying is that reservation holders can order in December. Ford will then collect all the orders and sort them by reservation time stamp. They will then start building in March/April (logistics may make them shuffle build order slightly but should be pretty close to reservation time stamp). At least that is how I understand it.

His comment about December to March meant that Ford has time to sort the orders from December into the correct order before production begins in March/April.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they will basically be pulling numbers out of a hat.
Not what I said, That the res # and time stamp will be a high determining factor...

Not just luck of the draw... ?

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pondered buying a jeep but never got close to actually getting past the pondering stage. Ford made the announcement of the Bronco. I was all over that! I am willing to wait (not really but it'll be worth it). I will not bail for something else. It's the Bronco that I want!
Similar thought here. Was pondering a JL Rubicon for the last 2 years. Rented a JL Sahara twice for camping trips as a way to get a feel for the Jeep. If the Bronco is not available, I would have ordered a 2021 Rubicon. The front & rear lockers, and IFS is what sway me to the Bronco. I'm not a hard core off-roader, but I like having the hardware if I do need it.

The IFS should go a long way to make those long highway drives to the campsites or trails much easier to deal with. One thing I found renting the Jeep Sahara is that while the it is comfortable and handles well at low speed, they are a bit nervous at highway speed. I was never comfortable driving above 70mph for very long. This alone makes driving the Jeep very fatiguing on long drives.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So originally I thought since Ford pumps out 900k F-150s a year that 165k Broncos would be no problem at all.

Its looking like the 165k number may be a tall task indeed especially being that Ford is only building the Bronco at one factory and Covid-19 will most likely be a factor.

Many reservations at this current number already may get pushed into the 2022 calendar year. What determines who, how, why and what order? Well have to wait and see.

I know the Mike and the people at Ford are hard at work doing everything they can for us. And I believe they will do everything in their power to get these orders completed so most will get their Broncos in 2021. Unfortunately in the current environment we are in many will most likely get pushed into 2022.

For now we'll just have to stay tuned for more details.

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. tenor

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. tenor

One thing to consider is Bronco production will be split with Ranger.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What if not all the reservations cant be filled before Ford switches to new model year 2022 Bronco's and they reveal new colors/options and the original reservation is set for 2021 color?

KindDizzyAbalone-size_restricted.gif
This is why a thread was made to talk about this. If I remember correctly, some people wanted it to be model year 22 and others wanted it to be 21 1/2 like the original mustang. I think most people didn’t care and we’re ok with 2021.

Back in April of 2016, we bought a 2017 model vehicle. These 2021 Broncos will be first releasing after other 2022 models have released. I can see the 2022 model year change argument

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what's interesting about this and it might be different, i'm getting a Telluride for my wife. A lot of people placed orders for 2020 that got pushed back to 2021, but you could still get them from dealers who would take stock assuming you could get the trim/configuration you wanted. I really wonder if that's going to be the same thing. Basically that if let's say you want a base with sasquatch and have a reservation, you can cancel if you find dealer stock.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why a thread was made to talk about this. If I remember correctly, some people wanted it to be model year 22 and others wanted it to be 21 1/2 like the original mustang. I think most people didn’t care and we’re ok with 2021.

Back in April of 2016, we bought a 2017 model vehicle. These 2021 Broncos will be first releasing after other 2022 models have released. I can see the 2022 model year change argument
Honestly if this happens and a color i want that isnt on the 2021 i will not go through with my 2021 and wait out or order a 2022 with the color or new options i want.

Not really looking that far forward right now,its too early in the game. I do think after a certain point that if reservations arent all filled they need to be classified as 2021 1/2 or 2022's

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what's interesting about this and it might be different, i'm getting a Telluride for my wife. A lot of people placed orders for 2020 that got pushed back to 2021, but you could still get them from dealers who would take stock assuming you could get the trim/configuration you wanted. I really wonder if that's going to be the same thing. Basically that if let's say you want a base with sasquatch and have a reservation, you can cancel if you find dealer stock.
Ford doesn’t plan to give any dealer stock for any 2021 Broncos. The only dealer stock should be only those that were ordered but not purchased after delivery. And they will have huge mark ups.

Sponsored

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford doesn’t plan to give any dealer stock. The only dealer stock should be only those that were ordered but not purchased after delivery. And they will have huge mark ups.
Has that been 100% confirmed? Not questioning you btw, just curious.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing to consider is Bronco production will be split with Ranger.
But no one is buying Ranger! I've seen less than 10 on the road in a year and a half. Where are they?

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the chances of that happening is slim to none. I doubt dealers will have anything other than a few demos

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They should be coming back from shutdown/change over this week or next week. I can't see them not starting production until April.
It's not only Ford. How many parts vendors are there involved with this product? Will all of them be ready to go?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.