Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could anyone possibly do me a huge favor and get the hub to fender measurement on a stock 2dr BD. Having issues with lift and alignment and need to know how much actual lift the shocks added. (Will add pics when I get a chance to take it out)
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could anyone possibly do me a huge favor and get the hub to fender measurement on a stock 2dr BD. Having issues with lift and alignment and need to know how much actual lift the shocks added. (Will add pics when I get a chance to take it out)
I am no longer stock, but pretty sure mine was around 23 3/8 on the front. Might have been 22 3/8. I think I have it written down somewhere, I'll try to find it. I'm currently at 26, so I'm a bit higher than stock.

Last edited:

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My “love at first sight” picture 😍
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds 3213CBEE-A925-4DF1-B9A6-761FB7A85B61

Her 1st wash 😆
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds 93076673-6B04-4708-8BB7-27CA558467BB

And my old and new together 😊

Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds 69B504AB-9D27-4F17-A0B3-3C35676504B3
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds B81A78FD-34B8-4B6E-B83D-D2E826668FDF
It’s kinda like a baby book. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

She’s completely stock right now, but I was surprised by how much nicer she looked in person than I imagined a stock, non-sas, Bronco would. She’ll be staying stock for a while!

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds Fall5Cro
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds FrontDone
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds RearDone
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds EngineCover1

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rims & engine cover details please.
They are awesome
The wheels are Fuel Brand "Crush" design in double dark tint. 18" 18X9 +20 offset
The engine cover is from JCR Offroad. They have one for the 2.3 and the 2.7. It comes designed as you see it in flat black powdercoat. I had it painted cyber orange and added the Bronco horse.

The Fuel wheels are excellent coupled with the Cooper tires = great ride. The offset added about 2" more poke outward on each side, but, the fender lips still provided the legal coverage for tread being covered (if your State has such a law). Adds a nice stance. Photo shows stance a little better:
Ford Bronco Pictures of your Black Diamond Builds CarShow1

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am no longer stock, but pretty sure mine was around 23 3/8 on the front. Might have been 22 3/8. I think I have it written down somewhere, I'll try to find it. I'm currently at 26, so I'm a bit higher than stock.
Thank you very much, I am also at 26 but I'm having issues getting my alignment right, I'm running king 2.5 coil overs with Camburg UCA's. I have some positive camber that cant be corrected because the lower arms all the way out already. Are you have a similar issue because this might rule out the shocks lifting it too much?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you very much, I am also at 26 but I'm having issues getting my alignment right, I'm running king 2.5 coil overs with Camburg UCA's. I have some positive camber that cant be corrected because the lower arms all the way out already. Are you have a similar issue because this might rule out the shocks lifting it too much?

The Camburg UCA is most likely your culprit. I believe it actually has less range of motion than the stock UCA. I waited to replace my UCA as they are some of the best OEM ones I've seen as they have plenty of clearance and range of motion built in. I was just able to get mine in alignment at 26.5 inches and can go to full droop without the stock UCA limiting the movement.

You will probably need to use an UCA like the Icon with a ball joint shown to have as much or more range of movement as stock. 26 inches is definitely not too much lift.

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Camburg UCA is most likely your culprit. I believe it actually has less range of motion than the stock UCA. I waited to replace my UCA as they are some of the best OEM ones I've seen as they have plenty of clearance and range of motion built in. I was just able to get mine in alignment at 26.5 inches and can go to full droop without the stock UCA limiting the movement.

You will probably need to use an UCA like the Icon with a ball joint shown to have as much or more range of movement as stock. 26 inches is definitely not too much lift.
Thank you again, that a semi easy fix, still have the stock ones laying around
Sponsored