First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
failed miserably today installing a 2inch zone lift in my garage. Every youtube video on installing the 2 inch lift kits fail to show the very important step where the whole strut assembly must be somehow clocked 180 degrees. I tried and for the life of me i couldnt get it to "rotate" like some people mention doing.

Thought i had it at one point but the spring perch was in the wrong orientation when put together, so back apart again. Back to stock and put back together until i get some kind of spring compressor.

Day in the garage well spent
Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can rent the kit for free from the parts house. I loosened the nut with an impact but If you do this please be careful not to take the NUT all the way off. So Rent kit, loosen bolt, put in vice use pry Bar to turn.

Last edited:
OP
OP

josh3956

Black Diamond
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, anyone thats installed this kit, was there any "trimming" of the front strut bolts? No matter which way i put the tappered spacer on it seems two of the bolts protrude ever so slightly past the spacer?

The instructions dont mention anything of it for the front only for the rear.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw this post and was secretly hoping you installed it successfully, but then it was too tall to get out of the garage
I'd probably panic for about 8 hours then lay down to go to sleep that night and realize all you've gotta do it let a lot of air out of the tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP

josh3956

Black Diamond
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive basically already done the front 3 times now, so with the spring commpressor rental eventually ill be successful lol

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, anyone thats installed this kit, was there any "trimming" of the front strut bolts? No matter which way i put the tappered spacer on it seems two of the bolts protrude ever so slightly past the spacer?

The instructions dont mention anything of it for the front only for the rear.
First put the spacer on take a marker and mark how much needs to come off. Take spacer off put nuts back on yes back on. then grind off the amount that needs to come off. Now take nuts back off. The nuts insure you get the thread back right. Now bolt spacer on.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

failed miserably today installing a 2inch zone lift in my garage. Every youtube video on installing the 2 inch lift kits fail to show the very important step where the whole strut assembly must be somehow clocked 180 degrees. I tried and for the life of me i couldnt get it to "rotate" like some people mention doing.

Thought i had it at one point but the spring perch was in the wrong orientation when put together, so back apart again. Back to stock and put back together until i get some kind of spring compressor.

Day in the garage well spent
I just seen you have regular shocks not Bilstein I think you literally just have to spin the full shock 180. My Bilstein have a reservoir so you just spin the top. Regardless you should be able to pull that pin and do it like I did.

Sponsored

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive basically already done the front 3 times now, so with the spring commpressor rental eventually ill be successful lol
Your going to be able to do it in your sleep soon.

OP
OP

josh3956

Black Diamond
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just seen you have regular shocks not Bilstein I think you literally just have to spin the full shock 180. My Bilstein have a reservoir so you just spin the top. Regardless you should be able to pull that pin and do it like I did.
ya I tried, only way it would spin, moved the coil out of the seat. Other way wouldn’t move at all. I’m not the biggest guy by all means but broke all the other bolts free no problem, even had a huge breaker bar between bolts to spin it and nothin.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ya I tried, only way it would spin, moved the coil out of the seat. Other way wouldn’t move at all. I’m not the biggest guy by all means but broke all the other bolts free no problem, even had a huge breaker bar between bolts to spin it and nothin.
I'm saying don't spin the cap spin the complete shock.

OP
OP

josh3956

Black Diamond
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm saying don't spin the cap spin the complete shock.
the spacer causes it to be 180 degrees around and yes just spinning the bottom of shock would fix that and be able to put it back together but then the orientation of the spring is wrong and facing in towards vehicle and not out to tire like it says it needs to be

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$40 at any parts store for a spring compressor. I marked everything before I took everything apart as I upgraded Bilstein 5100s. Not many people attempt what your doing and it takes a few tricks. Don't crank to far down on the spring compressor till you break the top hat nut free.
Sponsored