Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice set up. but do you (or anyone!) know why the shock studs at bottom arent turned upside down so the smooth head of the stud is below and the threaded side points up, thus avoiding the studs protrude so far and possibly getting damaged by road obstacles? could they be pressed out and reversed?
No one really knows why Ford did it, but your can definitely see some discussions on here if you want some reading material. Assumptions are out there, including the fact that if the nuts back off on the mounting end, the bolts won't fall out if they are oriented the way Ford did it. They have the chance of doing that the other way. No one has figured it out for sure though.

People have reversed them I think without issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
azuano3654

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Jazer when you say to the fender do you mean the bottom of the fender flare? Or to where the Vehicle body starts? I'm at 25" from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender (or fender flare if that's the term for the entire metal portion of the fender).

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Jazer when you say to the fender do you mean the bottom of the fender flare? Or to where the Vehicle body starts? I'm at 25" from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender (or fender flare if that's the term for the entire metal portion of the fender).
To the bottom of the fender. Inside/behind the flare. So that would be exactly 2" then.

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks a lot better. Pricey but understand why you did it. Something to be said about peace of mind.

I have a SAS OBX and still want a little height, or at least leveling out. I too want to keep my warranty, I have the 75k warranty so trying to keep it. I hate to do it, but will probably have anything done by Ford. I know these dont work on a SAS model, anyone know if more are coming out that will, or leveling? Or if just a leveling kit would void anything out?
I have the same question …

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks a lot better. Pricey but understand why you did it. Something to be said about peace of mind.

I have a SAS OBX and still want a little height, or at least leveling out. I too want to keep my warranty, I have the 75k warranty so trying to keep it. I hate to do it, but will probably have anything done by Ford. I know these dont work on a SAS model, anyone know if more are coming out that will, or leveling? Or if just a leveling kit would void anything out?
Did you visit your dealer? I asked my dealer on warranty work. Said bronco was meant to be lifted and modified. We will cover it. Also nearly every vehicle this dealer owns personally is modified beyond what I can afford. I have bought all my fords at this dealer and I have heavily modified/deleted a ford f350 diesel and never had warranty issue. Its all on how the dealer writes it up and sendsit to ford. Work does not need to be done by ford. I would rather have a lift installed by a shop who does it daily vs a ford tech reading instructions.
its worth asking your dealer instead of buying something reluctantly vs what you really want.

Sponsored

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you visit your dealer? I asked my dealer on warranty work. Said bronco was meant to be lifted and modified. We will cover it. Also nearly every vehicle this dealer owns personally is modified beyond what I can afford. I have bought all my fords at this dealer and I have heavily modified/deleted a ford f350 diesel and never had warranty issue. Its all on how the dealer writes it up and sendsit to ford. Work does not need to be done by ford. I would rather have a lift installed by a shop who does it daily vs a ford tech reading instructions.
its worth asking your dealer instead of buying something reluctantly vs what you really want.
I haven't asked yet. About due for an oil change, was going to ask then. Hopefully they are like your dealership. I too would rather have it done by a shop that regularly does them. We have a few around here. Thanks.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m really not trying to be a dick or a hater when I say this, but these cost more than the eibachs, aren’t adjustable and give 2” of lift? 3/36k warranty? My dealership are real sticklers about non ford performance parts, especially on the engine (intake, charge pipes, BOV and intercooler all of which I have but doesn’t void the warranty) but know I have the eibachs, zone UCA and fabtech lower rears with the core 4x4 rear track bar and haven’t said a word about it. For the record I think your bronco looks great so kuddos
If you don’t care about Bilstein quality or retainment of warranty then it sounds like eibachs may be for you.

If people want likely a superior ride quality and warrant sounds like FP has the product for them.

OP
OP
azuano3654

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't asked yet. About due for an oil change, was going to ask then. Hopefully they are like your dealership. I too would rather have it done by a shop that regularly does them. We have a few around here. Thanks.
The Ford Performance website only requires an ASE certified technician to do the install for the warranty to be valid - I didn't have mine installed at a dealership, I went to an overlanding shop that as you mention should have more experience handling these types of installs.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ford Performance website only requires an ASE certified technician to do the install for the warranty to be valid - I didn't have mine installed at a dealership, I went to an overlanding shop that as you mention should have more experience handling these types of installs.
Awesome, thanks!

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK azuano3654, you convinced me. I ordered a set of the Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for my non-SAS OBX, 2.7L, 4 Door, 4.27 ratio, LUX, Original Wheels, Original Flares, BF Goodrich KO LT275/70R18 Tires, OEM Ford Raptor sliders\steps. I am an ASE mechanic who will do the install myself. I can't wait.

Sponsored

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK azuano3654, you convinced me. I ordered a set of the Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for my non-SAS OBX, 2.7L, 4 Door, 4.27 ratio, LUX, Original Wheels, Original Flares, BF Goodrich KO LT275/70R18 Tires, OEM Ford Raptor sliders\steps. I am an ASE mechanic who will do the install myself. I can't wait.
Where did you end up ordering from and for how much?

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any update? Trying to figure out if I want to go this route or find HOSS 3.0 takeoffs or find those part numbers new which by my math would be $2700 or so just in shocks and springs.

I came from a ZR2 so I miss that ride quality on and off-road.

OP
OP
azuano3654

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm excited to hear your take being more informed on the mechanical side!

OJzBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs