David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That looks great! What size tires are those? I keep waffling on whether the 2" lift will look good while staying with my Badlands takeoff 33s since they aren't true 33s and could look a lil small if I go with much of a lift... but I really like the idea of these.
BF Goodrich KO2 LT275/70R18 Tires, 33.2 diameter.
Sponsored

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These look awesome. Any idea if you get a wheel alignment, after installation, with the stock wheels and then later add different wheels and tires (different wheel and 35s as an example), will you need an additional alignment or will the original alignment on the previous wheels and tires be okay?
I had the 2" Ford Performance lift installed by my dealer and they did an alignment as part of the install. Hope this helps.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still liking how they drive (Coilovers)? Taken it off road yet?
Have not been off road since new coilovers, although been through some snow. The ride is still very smooth and better then the original coilovers.

HokieinMI

Black Diamond
First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Black Diamond 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking about adding this kit to my non sas BD 2dr. I know it will look a little off with the factory 31” tires but will give me the room to upgrade later. Any reports on how the preform off road?
I just ordered this for my BD 2 door. It is headed into the shop the week after next for install. Hopefully we will get it off road not too long after that to try it out. It should work out perfect with these.
Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos 380D9EB3-80E5-42B1-9488-16AAA7E3CB56

Sponsored

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What was the cost??
I payed $1800 for the kit through Levittown Ford (less expensive than through my dealer) and used my Ford points to pay for the majority of the labor. I don't recall the labor quote, but I believe it was somewhere around $800??? Front end alignment was included in labor costs.

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed Ford tuned coilovers yesterday on OBX with BL 33 wheels and tested today on 300 highway miles and 3 hours easy-mid trail ride.
My feedback is that they are a significant improvement. The freeway ride is much more controls and comfortable and a road shake is controlled well. On the trail the ride is a bit firmer that Hitachi but very controlled in slow and mid speed and ready good in a fast Baja ride. Said that I touched the Bilstein body after 20 min of fast off road ride (30-50 mph)and they are very warm. From the picture the lift on the back look higher that a front or maybe it lost some high from the new Warn bumper. From quick look in compare to non-sas Badlands it looks about 1” higher.

50986C94-1467-4F34-A29B-95DF326088C6.jpeg

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed Ford tuned coilovers yesterday on OBX with BL 33 wheels and tested today on 300 highway miles and 3 hours easy-mid trail ride.
My feedback is that they are a significant improvement. The freeway ride is much more controls and comfortable and a road shake is controlled well. On the trail the ride is a bit firmer that Hitachi but very controlled in slow and mid speed and ready good in a fast Baja ride. Said that I touched the Bilstein body after 20 min of fast off road ride (30-50 mph)and they are very warm. From the picture the lift on the back look higher that a front or maybe it lost some high from the new Warn bumper. From quick look in compare to non-sas Badlands it looks about 1” higher.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos 50986C94-1467-4F34-A29B-95DF326088C6
This is my exact setup (obx on badlands takeoffs).. do you have any more pics? Looks like quite a bit of rake but could just be the pic. I would think stiffer coilovers wouldn't let the steel bumper droop the front so much?

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my exact setup (obx on badlands takeoffs).. do you have any more pics? Looks like quite a bit of rake but could just be the pic. I would think stiffer coilovers wouldn't let the steel bumper droop the front so much?
I measured the distance from ground to the fenders on relative flat surfaces - front 37 rear 40. Let see if they set lower with the time.

2D4B563E-9538-472C-BE24-4F0BA13C5EA4.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With these are we okay staying with stock UCA & Track bar? Alignment after install was in required factory specs?
THIS!! Apologies but can't seem to find the (above question) addressed? I too am looking at the FP coil-overs for my 23 OBX. Have Wildtrack OEM SAS wheels and planning on getting 35's but want to be sure I'm not overly stressing other steering/suspension components. Plan on light off-road/overlanding use - not hard core rock crawling...thx!

PS. As far as the 36mo. warranty, is it really just for the FP coil-overs (parts) themselves? Or, if I install Bilsteins 5100/6100 adjustable series, will they void any other part of my factory warranty?

Thanks for the education, so many options available...

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just some general thoughts on this topic as I understand things. Those with more experience should please feel to add or correct. There seems to be much confusion on basic lifting techniques and there consequences.

I think this lift allows you to keep the standard Ford warranty for all of your suspension and drive train components. It likely also achieves the 2” lift by keeping the coil over length the same as stock. This helps keep the factory geometry during full extension of the shocks or full droop. If coil overs were longer or spacers were added then front drive shaft CV axels would be stressed and begin to bind for some increased shock length at full extension. Ford would likely not want to warranty this case.

the lift probably is achieved by increasing spring stiffness slightly or the spring compression length by moving the lower spring perch upward. This will add some extra load onto spring (preload) and add height by pushing vehicle weight against static gravity loading. This may cause a firmer ride but spring/damper or coil over was surely designed as a system accordingly. The trade off is the more compression or preload used to achieve lift the less total spring compression available before spring bottoms out.

SAS has about a 1” lift over non SAS so surely the design envelope can handle this. Theses coil overs (with out increasing length) under warranty suggest the design envelope is up to 2”. Any more than that will likely stress components.

the stock UCAs are great and will allow for a proper alignment with a 2” lift. This further suggests that 2” is within the design envelope. Anything outside of that should be carefully considered. And how you lift, with spring compression forces or coil over length (spacers) makes a difference.

for 2” of lift should also have no issues in the back.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just for clarity. The design envelope is likely up to 2” of lift for non SAS and 1” for SAS. Any more may begin to stress the stock components.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just for clarity. The design envelope is likely up to 2” of lift for non SAS and 1” for SAS. Any more may begin to stress the stock components.
This is a pretty reasonable assumption.

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

THIS!! Apologies but can't seem to find the (above question) addressed? I too am looking at the FP coil-overs for my 23 OBX. Have Wildtrack OEM SAS wheels and planning on getting 35's but want to be sure I'm not overly stressing other steering/suspension components. Plan on light off-road/overlanding use - not hard core rock crawling...thx!

PS. As far as the 36mo. warranty, is it really just for the FP coil-overs (parts) themselves? Or, if I install Bilsteins 5100/6100 adjustable series, will they void any other part of my factory warranty?

Thanks for the education, so many options available...
I stayed with original UCAs with a perfect alignment. I see no performance benefits to replace the UCA except for look. 😄

FC1AE5B5-CC8C-4B9D-B9C4-016C747B5806.jpeg
Sponsored