Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

IL GATOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

****UPDATE**** Received a call today from my dealer that Ford has in fact said this is a misbuild after submitting photos. Dealer received the part number from Ford (I'm assuming it wasn't list on a parts list) and was ordered to be replaced. I am not sure what is happening with so many of these being misbuilt, but I would recommend checking your Bronco if you ordered the Mod bumper to see if they sent it with a plastic bash plate instead of the steel one you were supposed get as per your build sheet/window sticker.......Good luck y'all!! 🐊
Sponsored

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im in the camp of, ordered the modular bumper and received plastic bash plate.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked up my Base Sas and it had a plastic skid as well.
When I informed them it was a misbuild they had no idea what I was talking about. After a direct conversation they decided to help me out.
They had me bring it in today, put it on a lift and took pictures for Ford.
This sucks but I trust they will make it right.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just checked my 23 Wildtrak. It has steel

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took it over to the dealer this morning and they're doing a misbuild and sending to Ford. Fingers crossed they make it right and send the correct part. Dealer was very understanding and took care of me. They took pictures of the whole vehicle from every angle imaginable, which I found to be a bit odd. Figured theyd just need to send Ford a picture of the plastic bash plate with MOD bumper. But I guess whatever needs to be done to get this rectified.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this just the MY23s? Or did any 22s get affected?

LastEdition

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport FE
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2023 Base 2-door with SAS (built 12/02/22) that finally came in last week suffers from the plastic affliction as well. My dealer seemed perplexed when I pointed it out within the first few minutes of arriving at the dealership. Thankfully, I knew to look for it after reading somewhere on this forum. I have it documented on the signed build-sheet and the window sticker. Here's some pics that I took this weekend when I crawled underneath for the first time. Wasn't intending to post these but took them for my own research and to verify if everything is up to spec. Can anyone confirm if the engine skid plate is supposed to be metal ? Mine is also plastic. Was also surprised to see the plastic transmission pan. That thing is way out in the open.

20230122_160923_HDR.jpg

20230122_155645_HDR.jpg

20230122_155648_HDR.jpg

20230122_155827.jpg

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer just told me it's normal. SMH. Guess I'll try to go to another dealer or straight to Ford. Window Sticker clearly states "Metal Bash Plate"

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer just told me it's normal. SMH. Guess I'll try to go to another dealer or straight to Ford. Window Sticker clearly states "Metal Bash Plate"
Tell them, "No, it is not normal, now please replace it with the correct parts." FFS, What is wrong with some of these dealers.

Sponsored

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outer Banks, 77 Bronco, 05 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our 23 Outer Banks with modular bumper has a plastic " bash plate" even though it lists a steel one on the window sticker.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anybody received the steel ones they’re owed yet? Haven’t heard anything since initially and I’m trying to go to Barnwell mountain 🥲

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outer Banks, 77 Bronco, 05 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anybody received the steel ones they’re owed yet? Haven’t heard anything since initially and I’m trying to go to Barnwell mountain 🥲
I just made an appointment with my dealer this morning. They are ordering the steel plate and have me scheduled to bring it in on the 6th to have it installed. I told them I could install it but they say they need to because of the Mis-build claim.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to look at my bronco today, won’t be ready til tomorrow. Plastic bash plate on my ‘23 base sas w/mod bumper. I’ll make a stink tomorrow during paperwork.

ChrisH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also have a plastic bash plate. I have a Base Sas Bronco with the Modular Bumper. My dealer is refusing to help due to them stating the Bronco does not come with the steel bash plate despite it saying steel on the Window Sticker. I contacted Ford and they said they can't help unless the dealer submits a mis-build. Unsure what to do at this point...
Sponsored

Last edited: