Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weird. Are motorcycles illegal in PA? Or does the existing law exclude them to allow them to go "door less"?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Weird. Are motorcycles illegal in PA? Or does the existing law exclude them to allow them to go "door less"?
No, that part only applies to removing equipment (doors) that were originally installed by the manufacturer.
This would change the law so that it is legeal to operate the vehicle on the road if those door were designed by the MFG to be removed (Jeeps & Broncos)
Motorcycles don't have doors installed originally.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The law states that you have to run what came from the factory. Older Jeeps that had doors as an option do not have to have doors. My Notary's son drives a hand me down CJ, and he was pulled over during the Bantam Festival and was able to show the paperwork that the Jeep didn't come with doors.

This is why I ordered my Bronco with the tube doors, I have it on my sticker that they came with the Bronco, and I carry a copy of my sticker and the law in my glove compartment ;)

Sponsored

Nok1n

Outer Banks
First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX 2Dr Sas Lux Mic Tow 2.3l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have driven jeeps with the doors off in Pa for 34 years, not once have I ever been pulled over for my doors off, ever.
It's a non issue...

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have driven jeeps with the doors off in Pa for 34 years, not once have I ever been pulled over for my doors off, ever.
It's a non issue...
I have heard a couple of first person stories of people getting ticketed for no doors, but it is always in the very east, harrisburg, or pgh.

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a non issue...
Typically enforced in some smaller towns. I have an old CJ-8 , and since it could be purchased without doors at all, its fine.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But wait a minute......... didn't I see the latest and greatest John Fetterman post on his IG or FB that it was "no top, no doors, no problem"????????:cautious: .......or does that only apply to those in the "click"???

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everytime I feel my state is overbearing with certain laws I'm reminded that there are states that have it worse than me😂

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wait... Some brain trust will come up with the notion that when you have the doors off, you'll need a helmet - so you know when you get thrown from the vehicle (despite being buckled in) you are spared a dramatic Brain injury.

Helmets are already required (in some states) if your vehicle doesn't have the 4th wheel. It's considered a 'motorcycle' despite having doors, a roof and seatbelts.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wait... Some brain trust will come up with the notion that when you have the doors off, you'll need a helmet
I'm sorry to everyone in PA but I need this to happen, it would be amazingly hilarious.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry to everyone in PA but I need this to happen, it would be amazingly hilarious.

It would not surprise me TD with some of the clowns we have in our state office. Been trying to change it for years but it seems the bigger pop in Phil and Pitt beat out us readnecks that want to be left alone to do our own thing. :cautious:

😁
Sponsored