Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So reading the Q&A from Super Celebration West. This comes from the brand manager.

This was on the Badlands model. Which is already known has washout interior. But if you look at the pics of the rear seat backs they are carpet.

26ACFF08-A0C3-4DE7-84C5-565E123D7A54.jpeg

How can you label this as washout interior if the whole interior isn't truly able ti be washed out.

I must say I'm highly disappointed. The washout interior was one key feature I wanted. And was the sole reason I was going with the Black Diamond. Guess Ford just made my decision to go with the Big Bend.
This is not the final configuration. Don't get upset yet. The rep I spoke to said he doesn't think they will be carpeted with the vinyl seats, but didn't want to set expectations either.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

In jeeps the carpet is easily removable and you have to do so in order to remove the drain plugs. Have no idea why someone would take a hose to the entire interior though. I have never had mud on the back of my seats that are folded down in the wife's suv and I have (2) 70lb dogs that enjoy water, snow and mud. I have the giant rubber cargo mat that I just pull out and rinse off and stick it back in.
I have only said this and posted pictures several times. For some reason people don't get that:
a) they don't need rubber floors to wash out the (floors of the) interior - they can do that with any Bronco model by just pulling up the carpet and manually pulling the plugs
b) wash out doesn't mean hose the entire interior down

That said, it will be interesting to see what comes on the back of the marine grade vinyl seats, because the carpet on the back of my Rubicon seats gets saw dust and spllinter stuck on it when you slide wood in and out.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And what do you expect from your inflammatory thread title? Oh you knew this is what you would get. Sorry a little carpet on the back of a seat that has leather doesn't count as a fail.
L
Lol that’s an anomaly though, who buys a car specifically because their dog “might take a shit.”
Geeze people take things so literally. It's a worst case scenario. But I'm sure it happens more frequently than you would think.

How about this. You leave the doors off overnight. Neighborhood stray cat gets in and pisses in the interior. Far from an anomaly. My mom had it happen when she left the windows down overnight and a friend also did.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have only said this and posted pictures several times. For some reason people don't get that:
a) they don't need rubber floors to wash out the (floors of the) interior - they can do that with any Bronco model by just pulling up the carpet and manually pulling the plugs

That said, it will be interesting to see what comes on the back of the marine grade vinyl seats, because the carpet on the back of my Rubicon seats gets saw dust and spllinter stuck on it when you slide wood in and out.
I don't believe there are plugs under the carpet. Just passive drains (i.e., holes).

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They don't need rubberized floors. But having them would be so much easier than having to pull the carpet. That is the appeal of this feature to me and many others. It's all about making life a little easier.

Again for like the fourth time I don't think most people would consider taking a hose or pressure washer to the interior. Washout is just an easy way to say easy to wipe clean without having to worry about carpet stains or spending an hour with the vacuum.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
L

Geeze people take things so literally. It's a worst case scenario. But I'm sure it happens more frequently than you would think.

How about this. You leave the doors off overnight. Neighborhood stray cat gets in and pisses in the interior. Far from an anomaly. My mom had it happen when she left the windows down overnight and a friend also did.
Why would you leave your doors or top off or your windows rolled down over night?

“I need spray out interior in case I leave my windows down, doors or top off and a stray cat pisses in my vehicle, damn you Ford!!”

I don’t understand you people.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you leave your doors or top off or your windows rolled down over night?

“I need spray out interior in case I leave my windows down, doors or top off and a stray cat pisses in my vehicle, damn you Ford!!”

Because for a lot of people the top will stay off for most of the year

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

If you don't think many people leave their top and doors off overnight then you don't know too many people with Jeeps. Pretty common thing to do. And again worst case scenario.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could never leave my windows down or top off overnight. I have a good sized spider that sets traps for me almost every night!

spiderweb-animated-gif-2.gif

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't think many people leave their top and doors off overnight then you don't know too many people with Jeeps. Pretty common thing to do. And again worst case scenario.
Well, then I guess you’re willing to chance some spiders and cat piss. Sounds like a personal problem lol

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I'm alone here in the fact I merely wish the Bronco had what the Bronco Sport has: hard-backed seats that are wash/wipe-able and fold flat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All of you saying that "no need for anything special back there" aren't speaking for everyone... besides, why'd they do it in the Sport and not the larger, more-likely-to-get-dirty version?
This vehicle has leather. If you want washout capable floors, you probably aren't going to order the leather. I would assume the marine grade vinyl seats don't have carpet backs.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Roflmfao @ this thread. Thanks fellas... i needed a good laugh this morning...

Im still getting my black diamond and IDGAF if back of 2nd row has carpet.

My thoughts on why i want the marine interior:

1. Tracking in mud from duck hunting
2. Drinks spilling... although im still on fence on letting kids in my bronco anyway to spill said drinks in the first place... may have my 16 year old drive the 08 odyssey kid hauler behind whilst the girlfriend and I cruise in our Bronco with the top and doors off and the sound system cranked up... lol

3. A light shower while parked at the lake with top down wont send me scrambling to save the interior... ill still put top up but i can finish my beer first...

4. If i am wad fishing or swimming at the lake and my trunks are wet.... i dont care... can hop in dripping wet if i want. No "towels on the leather seats" if girlfriend or i have a wet swimsuit.

Final notes:

Dont have dogs nor do I want them and if I have any I'm not taking them with me. I damn sure not having some mutt that shits in my car!!! A bigger problem with dogs is claw marks on your seats... I'm not allowing dogs in my Bronco no matter what.

Fish guts in bronco? Dude... What kind of fish are you gutting? Jaws? If cleaning fish messes you up so bad your tracking guts into the Bronco you may want to evaluate cleaning techniques... lol

Only thing funnier than this thread will be the thread after these things hit the streets and some dude who literally hoses it out with high pressure complains because half the dash shorted out... lol

Even if Ford says the interior's waterproof there's a huge difference between "waterproof" and "high pressure water proof." Lol

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who is really going to spray down the interior of their vehicles anyways. Even if they claim wash out; is it really? I think it's just a marketing gimmick most people won't actually put to the test. I wouldn't want to get my excessivly wet/muddy anyways beyond what's considered normal. I like my vehicles clean and don't want to ruin the interior on the most expensive vehicles I'll probably every purchase.
Go off roading with the top and doors off and it will be muddy everywhere.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

this plus I basically live in a rain forest environment, its bound to get wet.

tgunn_ocs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it prudent to wait until everything is finalized before getting my panties in a bunch. But that's just me.

I fully expect the seat backs will be similar to the Bronco Sport where every trim above base has the rubberized back protector.
Sponsored