First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Found a dealer within a reasonable driving distance with a Bronco in stock configired close to what I want. They have the usual $15k ADM posted but sales person tells me they can take "the bulk of it off".

Looks like this order was placed quite a while ago because the MSRP on the window sticker is $2.5k under current MSRP. I don't mind going a bit over #current# MSRP. What is the collective wisdom, would an offer of $4-$5k over the #original# MSRP have a chance in hell? Been a long time since I bought a new vehicle. Are dealers still receptive to a customer showing up, cash (check) in hand, waving it on front of them and then being ready to walk if they don't dance? I am hearing that the days of stupid dog and pony shows ("gotta talk to my manager") are over.

The truck has been on the lot since early March. The semiconductor shortage is pretty much history (I work in the field and have a front row seat view of the situation) bit it seems like the Bronco is constrained by many things other than chips (towing package? Really Ford? How badly have you f'd to be constrained by a towing package).
Sponsored

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the 6 months or so, my dealers been asking $3k over and they sit on the lot for about a month.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am interpreting this as an aspirational response šŸ˜€ Are there really dealers selling vehicles on the lot at MSRP?
Yes.

I bought mine about 2 months ago for $500 under MSRP.

They had it listed $10k over MSRP a couple months earlier when I initially inquired. They we not willing to move at that point. I declined.

I tried again a month later, they came down to $2500 over MSRP. I declined.

They called me about 3 weeks after that. I asked if they were ready to sell it yet. They offered MSRP, I declined, they quickly came back $500 under. Done.

Don't be desperate.

Sponsored

abz

Black Diamond
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In San Diego County, I'm searching for a BD or OBX that has a sticker price around $50k.

The best I found was $4k over MSRP (just under $50k) in mid Apr.
Another dealer asked $5k before negotiation.
Other dealers are asking around $10k ADM, some include add-ons like Stargard, dent & windshield protection.

Well I like Bronco more but if I have $60k before tax & fee I'd be driving a Rubicon now.

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think this depends a lot on geography. Some markets will not have a single Bronco at MSRP, while others might.

You can widen your search to other markets that may not support sales with ADM. Theyā€™re out there, but you may have to travel a bit.

ā€œFairā€, or letā€™s say ā€œacceptableā€ in your market would be MSRP + the cost/inconvenience of picking up or shipping from from a more distant dealer.

Hypothetical: My local dealer is willing to make a ā€œdealā€ with me for $5k ADM. Two states over is a dealer who is selling a similar Bronco for MSRP, and will ship it to me for $1,500. Distant dealer saves me $3,500. I tell local dealer, they drop ADM to $2k. Thatā€™s fair and I take the deal, because $500 is worth the convenience and lesser risk and angst of buying a vehicle youā€™ve never seen in person.
A lot of people on here have waited literally years for a Bronco, just to be surprised at delivery with ADMs, some extremely exorbitant. As an ideal, many, including myself, refuse to pay an ADM on a vehicle ordered and which never would have been on the dealer lot without our order.​

In the end, itā€™s your money, and possibly your Bronco. Itā€™s worth what you or the next guy are willing to pay for it.​

Last edited:

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In San Diego County, I'm searching for a BD or OBX that has a sticker price around $50k.

The best I found was $4k over MSRP (just under $50k) in mid Apr.
Another dealer asked $5k before negotiation.
Other dealers are asking around $10k ADM, some include add-ons like Stargard, dent & windshield protection.

Well I like Bronco more but if I have $60k before tax & fee I'd be driving a Rubicon now.
Iā€™m just up the 5 fwy from you, i ended up getting mine out of state for MSRP. It looks like the dealer I used has a bunch of dealer-ordered units for sale at MSRP ( or less with A/Z plan). It ran me $1,500 for transport and it arrived in perfect condition.

Hereā€™s who I usedā€¦

https://www.varsityford.com

Good luck!

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In regards to semiconductor shortage, mine was built in mid Sept. Purchased it the first week of February only being there for a couple of days and it broke down on the drive home from the dealership. I left the dealer with around 46 miles on it. Right about 28 days later it had a new PCM (pulled from assembly line) and could finally make it through the service bay without dying.

Oh, and I paid $4k over for a 2 dr. Big Bend Sasquatch with tow package. (Listed for comparison to current build constraints.)

Sponsored

abz

Black Diamond
First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m just up the 5 fwy from you, i ended up getting mine out of state for MSRP. It looks like the dealer I used has a bunch of dealer-ordered units for sale at MSRP ( or less with A/Z plan). It ran me $1,500 for transport and it arrived in perfect condition.

Hereā€™s who I usedā€¦

https://www.varsityford.com

Good luck!
Thank you so much! Definitely will contact varsityford.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Little to none. They ask high and see if it sticks. I suspect high ADM isnā€™t working as well not with high interest rates. Now is a good time not to buy anything and let them sweat! They deserve having those feet kicked out from under them. Consumers can control manufacturers and dealers if they could control their spending.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would you over pay? Makes no sense whatsoever
Sponsored