Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know why CA buyers would be different. But taxes are not collected by Granger. That is on the buyer. I just received my transit title (Bronco was delivered last Monday). I couldn't register and pay until the transit title was sent. I'll be handling that tomorrow.
Granger is now collecting sales tax and cutting a check to the appropriate state agency.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Granger is now collecting sales tax and cutting a check to the appropriate state agency.
Wasn’t when I got my Sport either. Maybe too many complaints or audits from the state taxing authorities. Wisconsin made me send them proof I paid as little as I did.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then they made an exception for me. Purchased on 5/10 and delivered to my residence on 5/15. No taxes were collected on my transaction.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then they made an exception for me. Purchased on 5/10 and delivered to my residence on 5/15. No taxes were collected on my transaction.
I was told it's a recent change and it has to do with audits or charge backs.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was there on 5/19 and they didn’t collect my state tax. This has to be in the last few days.

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was there on 5/19 and they didn’t collect my state tax. This has to be in the last few days.
Going there Friday and no mention of taxes either. Never mentioned in any conversations either. Figured I’d pay it at registration.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh boy, this confuses me. Especially for those of us paying cash, if we pay Granger the taxes, only for them to turn around and send the taxes back to our state, I wonder if Granger will also be in receipt of the in-transit title from the state of Iowa such that the taxes and title can be submitted together in our states of residence. If not, the states won’t know what to do with one, without the other. States (in this case Iowa) typically send a title of ownership (in-transit or otherwise) issued in the owner’s name, to the owner, not back to the dealership. Hopefully there’s an easier way….

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are in the same holding pattern as as I am. Basically step Zero! You have not been contacted by a sales manager yet and until that happens you will not be able to pick up your vehicle. I waited for a firm answer last week and was never given one. My wife didn't know that we couldn't pick it up on the 19th and we ended up losing out on a booked hotel that was not refundable! I wouldn't book anything until a sales manager contacts you. I'm a fan of Granger but this part of the process is frustrating!
Yeah I knew this was a possibility and I even used the phrase “I’m rolling the dice it will be ready”.

It feels like they just didn’t pull mine out of the hat yet but as soon as they do it’s quick to proceed. Now I’m up against the cancellation window and need to know today. It’s not looking good. And I’m going to have to cancel the whole Memorial Day weekend with the family.

Not to mention friends and family: you STILL don’t have it? I thought you were picking it up?

Sponsored

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I knew this was a possibility and I even used the phrase “I’m rolling the dice it will be ready”.

It feels like they just didn’t pull mine out of the hat yet but as soon as they do it’s quick to proceed. Now I’m up against the cancellation window and need to know today. It’s not looking good. And I’m going to have to cancel the whole Memorial Day weekend with the family.

Not to mention friends and family: you STILL don’t have it? I thought you were picking it up?
I wasn't able to pick it up. I still haven't heard from finance. Since my wife couldn't cancel her leave we decided to spend a couple days in Suphur, OK. We had a great time!

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wasn’t when I got my Sport either. Maybe too many complaints or audits from the state taxing authorities. Wisconsin made me send them proof I paid as little as I did.
My county tax assessor in Texas is like that too. I sold a Mustang to a co-worker at a buddy price, but the county wanted him to pay taxes at the KBB high value.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
PSA: CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDERS

Regular emails came thru no problem. Finance email went to junk. It might all work out. Good luck to everyone!

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Below is the exact response I got when questioning the requirement of sales tax being paid up front and whether or not it is an Iowa state-mandated requirement. I've bought/sold at least 50 vehicles (many out of state), and this is the first time I've run into such a scenario. Approaching it with an 'either pay now or pay later' mentality and hoping it doesn't end up being an administrative nightmare!

"Yes, it is required. It is not stipulated by the state of Iowa, but it is for Granger Motors. It is to prevent a vehicle from being resold without paying taxes and registration fees in an effort to reduce chargebacks and penalties on the dealership's behalf. We have been burned a lot in the past, so a handful of customers have ruined it for everyone!"
Sponsored