DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
just another comment on the UAW's fantastic demands. My wife, in health care for 45 years, Master's level education and extensive resume, left management for a much enjoyed 'line' position, non-union, worked a 32 hour week/was PAID for a 32 hour week; benefit costs rose every year, NO raises in over 5 years for anyone on a staff level, in fact all line positions wages were decreased 2x in her last 2 years due to the governments problems with Medicare/Covid, etc. Basically if you wanted a job, you accepted the pittance the company paid you. AND if you refused the JAB, you lost your job, and she did. Sorry, no love lost for high paid CEOs, UAW workers, government employees. You all have tanked this country and the good workers are 'retired' or still overworked and underpaid.
Sponsored

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And a fair wage is what, $200K? For doing what? How can you expect these kind of wages at the same time have a poor work ehtic? I used to work at a Union shop, all you hear is Union guys banter about how to get more for doing less, they don't give a darn about doing a good job, going the extra mile. There is a reason plants have moved and are moving to Mexico. Check the sticker on most Fords and Chevys, the USA parts content is often very low and declines every year. It was just announced Ford is going to build Broncos in China!! Sure they say its for the Chinese market, what do you think is going to happen next? A win for the UAW? I think not!
You know the world is more than black and white. Not every worker acts like that, there's good and bad people. I think they for sure should make more than they make now. I believe a 32 hour work week isn't a good ask, but a raise is for sure in order. The amount of times the Bronco has gone up in price, and the Raptor was specifically raised to grab some of that ADM for themselves. Why? The supply chain is easing, the parts are close to the same. There is no reason except bigger profits for the Bronco price point to be raised THAT much. I'd rather it go to a worker to purchase necessities than a company to purchase treasury stock.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I respect your opinion but not engaging ok?

Have a good day!
Understood! This issue has a very real possibility to have a massive effect on our business so yeah, I'm upset by this. I'm trying not to make this personal for anyone on here, but I do have strong feeling about this lol

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And a fair wage is what, $200K? For doing what? How can you expect these kind of wages at the same time have a poor work ehtic? I used to work at a Union shop, all you hear is Union guys banter about how to get more for doing less, they don't give a darn about doing a good job, going the extra mile. There is a reason plants have moved and are moving to Mexico. Check the sticker on most Fords and Chevys, the USA parts content is often very low and declines every year. It was just announced Ford is going to build Broncos in China!! Sure they say its for the Chinese market, what do you think is going to happen next? A win for the UAW? I think not!
…. and the USA will be the biggest Chinese market!

Tnkirk

Wildtrak
First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD F150LARIAT SUPERCAB ICONIC SILVER
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am totally confused.........Is this a G L I T C H in the system.......Scheduled for the week of the 18th........Now in production?!?!?!

now in production.jpg

Sponsored

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am totally confused.........Is this a G L I T C H in the system.......Scheduled for the week of the 18th........Now in production?!?!?!

Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] now in production
Mine is exactly the same.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dont low ball me....

I know what I got... $100K

Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] 20230809_164852

Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] 1694789247159

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant) aka Louisville - builds Super Duties... not sure if they are also built elsewhere.
There are some cab only utility trucks assembled at OHAP

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I work for a Utility company - they asked for ideas from employees on what we want to see from the company etc....

All the 20 something Engineers asked for this:

Have no Vacation time - instead have project timelines. So lets say one project is scheduled to have a 6 week timeline for completion but the Engineer completes it in 4 weeks. This would allow the Engineer to take 2 weeks off paid.

Ya the new generation is something else.

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And who do you think pays for the costs to the manufacturer that Unions demand? Get rid of Unions - horrible build quality and they keep the US auto industry from being able to compete against foreign manufacturers. This snowball effect of everybody wanting their share of the pie: dealers demand ADM for short supply, then manuf wants a piece of the ADM’s so they increase pricing, now Union wants a piece of it too. And again the major loser here is the consumer. You need to get rid of retail dealerships and unions, and with the future of AI, the days are numbered.

I’m all for paying someone a fair wage for what they’re worth. But that’s not what these corrupt Unions represent.

laudra

Heritage
First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I swear you can't make this shit up, of course they'll strike at the Bronco/Ranger plant!
No kidding and my build date is 9/25 not week build day of course Its unbelievable. I understand the need for fair wages its just so unbelievable that I've waited this long and now this. I hope the union really knows what their doing because ok if they get 42% raise that's all well and good when the auto companies are making unprecedented profits but what happens when demand and commodities are stabilize the auto companies start eliminating jobs and laying folks off. This is potential reality so when the dealers are over stocked with vehicles there wont be a need to build as many units. I hope the UAW looks at every scenario because there are workers that can't afford this strike and will suffer because of it. From what I'm reading it seems like the UAW is not even considering ANY proposals brought to the table which isn't productive. GL to the UAW I hope the UAW president takes everything into consideration and starts negotiating

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which is why Ford have been investing and moving some of its production to Mexico and Canada for the past 5 years. It's becoming slowly unsustainable to produce cars in the U.S. while maintaining a fair price for the consumer.
Do tell me about these "fair prices" for the customer you speak of. Ford goes out of the country for cheaper labor and STILL has astronomical prices to go along with record profits.
Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] 1694790251862
Sponsored