Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The suppliers kept building parts for other ford models. The suppliers lay out production well in front of Ford. The UAW did an unusual tactic of only striking a few plants. If the UAW struck all the plants the suppliers would stop producing and pick up were they left off. Instead the suppliers production schedule is on track for some parts and 6 weeks off for broncos. Ford must have decided to sacrifice some Bronco orders to maintain production for other models.
Since Ford operates on a ā€œ Just in timeā€ MRP model, they would have been dropping demand at their suppliers just like during Covid. The ramp up when the UAW turned back on the switch would not be instantaneous. Neither Ford nor their suppliers have the space or stomach to hold weeks or months of inventory. Depending on what Ford really thought or knew about the estimated length of the strike would have impacted when and how long the brakes were put on production including at suppliers. Parts specific to MAP would have been most drastically at risk. As you say parts used at multiple plants would have had less impact.
Sponsored

gibs144

Heritage
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 HEL 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have a Heritage Limited which had a build week of 12/11. The build week just moved to 12/18.
Prior to the strike, it appeared as though Ford was prioritizing all the individual customer orders for Broncos. But now I have a feeling Ford is going to try and complete their ā€˜23 dealer allocations so that they can keep them happy.
If a vehicleā€™s VIN # is assigned by model year, then I donā€™t how Ford intends on building a Bronco the week of 12/18 and having it to shipped to the dealership prior to Jan. 1st, 2024?!

IMG_4802.png

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a Heritage Limited which had a build week of 12/11. The build week just moved to 12/18.
Prior to the strike, it appeared as though Ford was prioritizing all the individual customer orders for Broncos. But now I have a feeling Ford is going to try and complete their ā€˜23 dealer allocations so that they can keep them happy.
If a vehicleā€™s VIN # is assigned by model year, then I donā€™t how Ford intends on building a Bronco the week of 12/18 and having it to shipped to the dealership prior to Jan. 1st, 2024?!

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Restarts 11/2/23 and Scheduling Resumes 11/9/23 IMG_4802
The dealer doesnā€™t have to receive it before the end of the year. The build just needs to be started by the end of the year. Sounds like 12/22 will be the end with some clean up.

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With all the new information, when might MY24 production start scheduling?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With all the new information, when might MY24 production start scheduling?
Post #49. Scheduling likely a bit before that to support that date for builds.

Sponsored

It Me David

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well fingers crossed that some are being built. No updates from Ford, but this URL that tracks active PCM and BCE modules is lighting up for my VIN! Looks promising!

Again my original blend date on the window sticker was meant to be 9/18 before the strike started. Hopefully we all start hearing updates soon.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry?returnUrl=/asbuilt

Spar10Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well fingers crossed that some are being built. No updates from Ford, but this URL that tracks active PCM and BCE modules is lighting up for my VIN! Looks promising!

Again my original blend date on the window sticker was meant to be 9/18 before the strike started. Hopefully we all start hearing updates soon.

Dumb question, but what are the PCM and BCE modules? I just called Ford and they had no updates for me so will try this motorcraft tracker.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Fantastic, congrats. No modules yet for me, but our dates are very close. What blend date is on your Window Sticker?

Sponsored

It Me David

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fantastic, congrats. No modules yet for me, but our dates are very close. What blend date is on your Window Sticker?
9/18 was my blend date on the sticker. 16/639 in the run, but don't know how valuable those numbers actually are.

It Me David

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dumb question, but what are the PCM and BCE modules? I just called Ford and they had no updates for me so will try this motorcraft tracker.
Not a dumb question, I am also not the expert. PCM I think is "Performance Control Module" and I don't actually know what BCE stands for, but my understanding is that is basically means that the vehicles computer is up and kickin.

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a dumb question, I am also not the expert. PCM I think is "Performance Control Module" and I don't actually know what BCE stands for, but my understanding is that is basically means that the vehicles computer is up and kickin.
PCM is Powertrain Control Module and BCM is Body Control Module... So maybe BCE is Body Control Encoder?

It appears mine has lit up, too... šŸ¤ž (no window sticker yet)

OBX, 2.7, SAS, Lux, Soft Top, Eruption Green, Tow

Last edited:

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands 2.7 Squatch, A51, 4 Door, High Package - originally scheduled for 9/25 and rescheduled multiple times now shows as "In production". Latest production schedule was showing 11/13

But the window sticker is not available?

This order, if built and delivered will be the end of a reservation placed 7/20/2020, ordered every time the order banks reopened.
Sponsored