Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly my point...
So I get groceries, go to Lowes, take trips, drive to work meetings... Seems like a regular car to me. Just because I don't haul a Harley like I did one time in my pickup doesn't make it a toy.

Now, a supercar or some other complete inconvenience, maybe if I didn't want to do everything in it cuz it had no storage. Maybe that's a toy. Maybe some garage it and only take theirs out only to off road: that's their toy. Mine is not.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally. My 2-door Badlands is a lot less practical than the GTI it replaced, but it looks great.
Looks were 99% of why I bought my wife one, we get compliments all the time. 1% towing the boat :ROFLMAO:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I get groceries, go to Lowes, take trips, drive to work meetings... Seems like a regular car to me. Just because I don't haul a Harley like I did one time in my pickup doesn't make it a toy.

Now, a supercar or some other complete inconvenience, maybe if I didn't want to do everything in it cuz it had no storage. Maybe that's a toy. Maybe some garage it and only take theirs out only to off road: that's their toy. Mine is not.
Yes, a supercar is more of a toy than a 2 door Bronco.... Again, I agree.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, a supercar is more of a toy than a 2 door Bronco.... Again, I agree.
I remember the early/mid 90's (when I was a teen) had quite a few cars that were family-style but had big performance. Like the Impala SS, or the Caprice Classic that had the Corvette engine. The argument there was always, you can have fun and take the family to church, too.

Having fun with your car doesn't make it a toy; I guess if all we cared about was public transit and maximum practicality, we could go three wheel glorified scooters like in Europe. But we live in 'murica dangit and we prefer cars we drive to have some personality. Like the, uh, CyberTruck. lol šŸ‘€ šŸ˜

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with trucks don't being great at doing truck stuff, but having traveled to many countries, I see that most Americans don't really use trucks to do truck stuff and manufacturers know this, that's why some trucks are now more luxurious than actual luxury cars.

I see the Bronco as a toy, especially the 2 door. Super impractical and expensive to operate for what most owners will use it for.
Your opinion is fine, but I have a 2 Door and itā€™s plenty practical for me. Itā€™s an off-roader, not an SUV. A 4 runner is an SUV that can do some off-road stuff, much like the new Land Cruiser will be.

I also wheel mine, kind of often, so just because most donā€™t or most you know donā€™t, doesnā€™t mean it doesnā€™t get done.

Even the Moar door Bronco isnā€™t all that good at SUV stuff. American guys just often like to look like more than they are and try very hard to look cool. Itā€™s classically American! šŸ˜Š

Youā€™re right about trucks and I hate itā€™s that way. Trucks are for men who work with their hands, but these days these men often canā€™t afford a new truck for work for all of the Caddy guys in trucks. At least have a boat to tow, but most donā€™t. Again, classically American.

So, as I stated in my earlier post, working men arenā€™t the target. This Cybercartruck is for tech guys and bankers and will be parked more in decks rather than job sites, but thatā€™s ok, because those guys are the market for this thing that costs $100K to boot if the other signs werenā€™t clear enough.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This Cybercartruck is for tech guys and bankers and will be parked more in decks rather than job sites, but thatā€™s ok, because those guys are the market for this thing that costs $100K to boot if the other signs werenā€™t clear enough.
If you listen closely to what Musk has said, this truck is full on targeted at end-timers prepping for the violent downfall of society and the DefCon 4 fallout that will take place after the apocalypse. It's an edgelord fantasy writ large by an immature man and internet culture with more money than sense. But I digress.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a pre order for one and am gladly going to purchase it when I am up in the queue. It is not for everyone but then again nor is every vehicle. Cheers to those who like it and to those who don't oh well.

PS: The Bronco is not going anywhere :cool:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you listen closely to what Musk has said, this truck is full on targeted at end-timers prepping for the violent downfall of society and the DefCon 4 fallout that will take place after the apocalypse. It's an edgelord fantasy writ large by an immature man and internet culture with more money than sense. But I digress.
I remember watching the "Doomsday Prepper" show years ago, they planned for everything that could happen. Never saw one about stocking up on toilet paper which was the real downfall of the pandemic :ROFLMAO:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

End times, yet theyā€™ll somehow find electricity when the ā€œgrid fallsā€. Guess they plan to use solar, but what about when they black out the sun? :oops:

Far too much Mad Max and graphic novels from the 80ā€™s for these guys I tell ya. lol!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Now that it's been officially unveiled, I can share pics. Here it is next to my BRaptor and a shot of it fitting in my garage! Disclaimer, I don't own it. I'm just a Tesla employee with access to them and get to take one home on the weekends.

Image (16).jpg

Image (13).jpg
Well at least it makes the braptor look smaller lol

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The technology is amazing. First production car completely drive by wire. 48v electrical system. No rare Earth minerals in the batteries.

All engineered and produced in house at Tesla. Full ownership of the vertical supply chain.

You all can shit on it all you want, but demand is probably 100x supply.

Also just like Rivian, Tesla didn't just EV'ify a current ICE vehicle like the Ford Lightning. All of the traditional auto manufacturers are starting with traditional ICE vehicles and turning them electric, versus a clean sheet EV design.

The dimensions and packaging of the Rivian and Teslas are amazing.

Now will I own one? No. I will not own an EV until the entire ownership experience is actually environmentally friendly and not less convenient than an ICE vehicle. 10-15 years.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The technology is amazing. First production car completely drive by wire. 48v electrical system. No rare Earth minerals in the batteries.

All engineered and produced in house at Tesla. Full ownership of the vertical supply chain.

Also just like Rivian, Tesla didn't just EV'ify a current ICE vehicle like the Ford Lightning. All of the traditional auto manufacturers are starting with traditional ICE vehicles and turning them electric, versus a clean sheet EV design.

Now will I own one? No. I will not own an EV until the entire ownership experience is actually environmentally friendly and not less convenient than an ICE vehicle. 10-15 years.
Itā€™s my understanding the Ford Lightning is all new chassis, with similar looks of their f150. Because it sells well.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s my understanding the Ford Lightning is all new chassis, with similar looks of their f150. Because it sells well.
Dimensions are still F-150. So thinking of packaging constraints.

The Lightning has been one gigantic disappointment.

EVs haven't figured out towing yet.

I think the next billion dollar idea is trailers (Thinking commercial first) with battery regeneration features. Imagine when coasting or decelerating if the trailer can help charge the tow vehicle's battery. Even some minor propulsion assistance. Like take off assistance and regeneration.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Tesla has a lot to prove with the CT, like if they can even produce that many. If we're talking 10 in 2024 (it's not supposed to be production until 25?), that 100x won't be hard to hit.
Sponsored