Sponsored

Main reason you purchasing the Bronco? (POLL)

For me, I am mostly purchasing a Bronco because...

• I have love for the iconic brand BRONCO above all else!

Votes: 114 22.2%
  • I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • I want to be the one in the shiniest new toy on the road!

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I want/need a new off road vehicle and this is the best one for me!

Votes: 97 18.9%
  • I feel this is a great investment that I will capitalize on!

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • I just like the vehicle and nothing else really.

Votes: 105 20.5%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 45 8.8%

• Total voters

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had nothing better to do (not really) than to think of why it is that I wanted a Bronco. What is the base reason I want this vehicle over any other. Like most of you I am sure, I was initially enamoured by the vehicle on it's release. Over time, since then, that has waned a little but I am still on in on my reservation. I wanted to pinpoint the main reason why that is so I put these reasons together and tried to identify the key reason. I know mine but I was curious about everyone else's reason. To be honest all of these reasons apply, and maybe more, but this poll is focusing on the ONE MAIN reason.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife wants a square manly looking SUV that has enough ground clearance she can actually run over whatever she wants without damaging the vehicle. Curbs you have been warned.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I voted other. I was a mustang guy, before my focus and mazda. Have a growing family so need something bigger.

When the bronco leaks started happening it had me hook line and sinker. It was like ford pulled of inception because it just occupied a spot in my brain. The original broncos are cool but honestly never did anything for me. I would never drive a jeep and off roading is totally new to me. This vehicle just has something that draws me to it, it makes me want to start offroading, and get outdoors more.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking for a fun multi-use daily driver that I can take the top off, take anywhere vehicles are allowed to go and bring my family along.

I guess that is a combination of a few of those options.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a 90 full size bronco in college and have wanted another one for years. I need a new car and something I can tow a trailer with on occasion (plywood, drywall, doors, appliances, sofa..whatevee). Offroad capable is a huge plus.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have always loved the First Generation Bronco. Not wild about the Jeep, both my brothers have them. Want something to go off road, and tow behind a motorhome. This fits the bill for me. Looks much better then a Jeep.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want an overland vehicle. Got the itch last fall. Became consumed by the overland scene by watching all these videos of people with the old defender going through the australian outback and iceland and all over Europe. Then they announced the new defender. Stars were aligning. Then I saw it was unibody vs old body on frame design. Then the base price was a bit higher than expected which wasn't as big a deal as this next bit - the engine upgrade price was $13k more. So essentially a base model with a bigger engine starts at $62k. I was out.

Kept watching videos. Saw the 4runner and Tacomas. Watched a ton of jeeps (courtesy of trailrecon on youtube - if you havent watched I suggest checking out that channel). Then the Bronco was announced. I honestly had no idea a new Bronco was coming out and never paid attention to the old Broncos. Not a big Ford guy. I remember it was shown on good morning america. I was in my office when my wife called me over and said "hey check this out". She had no idea what she just did.

Bronco has consumed my life ever since I placed the reservation which was about 20 minutes after I got back in my office. I told her we may be flying out to Iowa to pick it up next summer.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Work. The roads I drive to get to the trailheads that take me to all the mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and hot springs I have to hike and climb are scarier than the dang hikes. Just once I want to be excited about hiking back to my vehicle instead of terrified that I'm going to die on the drive out.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our kids are old enough now that taking a long weekend and getting off the grid for a few is a bit more of a reasonable proposition. Sometimes solo. Others with good company. More dispersed camping. Getting a little farther out into nature. The Bronco, to me, is the ideal blend of what I'm looking for to accomplish those goals.

Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife wants a square manly looking SUV that has enough ground clearance she can actually run over whatever she wants without damaging the vehicle. Curbs you have been warned.
While going 80 and saying “oops” in the process?

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love my 2017 Jeep.
But warranty is running out and I'm lukewarm at best on the new JL Jeep.

I've driven the new Ranger and was impressed by it.

IMHO The Bronco will be better all around than the Wrangler, for the same money.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been wanting a Jeep, but couldn’t stomach having to go to the top trim to get maximum off-road performance, and can’t justify spending all that money for their weak powertrain options. Also not a fan of FCA’s QC over the past few years or lack thereof and would rather IFS than SFA.

Bronco checks all the boxes

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A tradition...
My 1st memories with my dad were if his ‘73 bronco- I want to pass it down to my son so he can have some of the same fond memories his old man has

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I choose Looking for a Jeep alternative. Because that's exactly me. I've been wanting an open air experience 4x4 vehicle for a long time. But!!!

I almost bought a Jeep 2 different times. Once I almost ordered a new 4 door Jeep Sport. Once the sales man and I crunched the numbers it was just waaaay too much money for what you actually get. Or should I say don't get. No lockers, no lift, no big tires Yada Yada. So I walked.

The second time I found a used Jeep with the lift and everything but they wouldn't budge on the price and it was just waaay too expensive. So I walked.

For years I've always hoped a vehicle like this would come out to dethrone Jeep and their ridiculous prices. The Bronco fits the Bill 100%.

I'm ordering the Basequatch with all the goods and will have more extreme Off-roading capability then both of those Jeeps i almost bought. This is exactly what ive been looking for.
Sponsored