Sponsored

Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco

What most influenced your decision to purchase a Bronco?

• I prefer to buy Ford vehicles

• Fondness of previous Bronco models

• Functionality/Utility

• Good Product

• Good Looks

• I want something different from a Jeep, but I enjoy that type of vehicle

• Needed a new vehicle

• Other: Please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didn't read all the replies, but for me...

All of the below.
Sponsored

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never have been a big Ford guy, but I never disliked them. When I saw the Bronco reveal I immediately put down for a reservation. I thought that Ford has done something very right with that vehicle. I immediately became a Ford fan/Bronco enthusiast. As time went on it seemed as though Ford kept making the wrong decisions, but I continued my support and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Only just recently when they changed the allocation formula again have I began to dislike Ford. Now I am at the point where I will never buy another Ford product, nor will I recommend one to anybody else. This is because it feels like I am playing a game where the rules are constantly being changed so that I have no chance of winning. The Bronco checked so many boxes for me; off-road worthy, convertible, looks good, isn't a Jeep, etc. Hopefully Ford can get it together before my day 3 res turns into a 2023+ model. I reserved a 2021, I wanted a 2021, I understand and will settle for a 2022, but I will not stick it out for a 2023. I will buy something else at that point and slimy ass Mitchell from Town and Country can have my reservation to add to his hoard.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
POWER OF BRAND as thesis.

Ford was fortunate to have Bronco history to kick off the new product line. Instant name recognition, nostalgia and positive sentiment means matching with quality design & engineering is a recipe for success (sales). Mustang name equally as powerful. F-150.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was my moms sole caregiver the last couple of years and she talked me into ordering a Bronco. She wanted me to have fun after she passed away and she passed Oct 3rd. I did change my color to green because it was her favorite color and I like it as much as the other Bronco colors.

MJ14

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer/22 Bronco OBX/02 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I fall under a lot of these categories. Iā€™m a huge Ford fan and have owned only Ford, Lincoln or Jeep.(well except all the old 60s Chevrolets). I purchased a 2013 Jeep Wrangler about 5 years ago and wished since that day that Ford would recreate the Bronco.

I saw the announcement for the Bronco, but didnā€™t think my wife would be interested in us getting one while the kids are still little. Lo and behold we saw one on the lot at a dealer and I knew I had to have one. She agreed and we placed an order for one. My daughter has now requested I order her one when she can drive. Luckily sheā€™s only 6 so Iā€™ve got some time!

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted a bronco when I started driving 51 years ago but couldnā€™t afford one. I had a new Jeep for awhile but it gave way to the family. I have had good luck with Fords. I am at a place in my life that I can buy anything and the Bronco is what I want to run around in.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes (to all of them). My wife wanted a convertible like the 95 Mustang we had. We started looking at Mustangs but then she saw the big Bronco and was instantly sold. Living in Michigan, I have always looked for AWD/4WD, so it is a great fit. Ford is awesome, no Jeeps for us.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Had a buddy in HS that had an EB that I loved but never could find one in good enough shape for the money I had. So fast forward 30 years and I finally have the opportunity to get a brand new one!

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted:

2-door
removable top and doors
off-road exploration capability
300+ HP
better on-road / highway manners than my JK
Aluminum body panels

Bronco is the only option

Basically I wanted my F150 (reg cab short bed, 2.7, A10 trans, IFS, aluminum, etc) but in a top-off 4x4 with rear seats instead of a pickup bed that is always empty.

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love Jeeps and love offroading. I've always liked Ford. I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the brand, but I've owned Ford cars before and they were... fine.

Big thing for me is interior comfort. I can't fit well in a Wrangler (too tall, bump my head on the sport bar). Fords have always fit me well. I was able to sit in a Bronco during their dealership tour thing they did last summer. Fit me perfectly. That and the available manual trans are what got me excited initially. It'll be my weekend camping/offroading toy for the rest of my days.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Requirements for me:
- Small or midsized vehicle (I live in an urban environment)
- Absolutely zero problems with beat-up/overgrown forest roads of the kind I frequently drive on in the PNW
- Not as ugly as a crossover or wagon
- Not miserable to drive on-road for very long distances (sorry Jeep)
- Nice tech in the cabin

2D Bronco fits the bill better than anything else out there.

I don't need the top or the doors to come off, or to crawl over boulders, or for it to be called "Ford Bronco". I know those are important for other people, but not me.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€m old and canā€™t sit down in my Mustang GT Convertible for long anymore...been off-roading most all my life until recenty (had a ā€™69 Bronco bought out of a wreaking yard and built into a great off-roader...loved it). Wanted a convertible I could actually sit in and it kinda came down to range rover and Bronco...Bronco cheaper, kooler and nostalgic. Now if I get it time for next Jeepers Jamboee that will be a plus...

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, this got even more of a response than I was anticipating. Thank you everyone for all of the responses. Lots of good insight I'll be able to use. Really appreciate everyone's help!

Glad we can all agree that @Ford Motor Company nailed it with the Bronco. Can't wait until we all finally have one in the garage.

OP
OP
PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m wrapping up my masters at Penn State right now. Just curious what course are you doing the case study. Seems like a cool topic.
The course is Brand Strategy. Our final is a case study and brand recommendation of our choosing, so I chose Ford since I've studied the brand more than any other over the past year. Plus I've always liked Ford even before my crippling Bronco addiction.
Sponsored