Sponsored

Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco

What most influenced your decision to purchase a Bronco?

• I prefer to buy Ford vehicles

• Fondness of previous Bronco models

• Functionality/Utility

• Good Product

• Good Looks

• I want something different from a Jeep, but I enjoy that type of vehicle

• Needed a new vehicle

• Other: Please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Three children, one dog (one just passed in a fight with a gator. A 25lbs girl beagle that was tops.) I want lockers. Bigger then the other vehicle in class and just plain AWESOME!

The bonus is I'm now on a board with all of you!

I wanted something that hit a few specific requirements and the Bronco is the only one that hit all the marks or exceeded them. This will be my first Ford, but I can really appreciate the brand trying to maintain connection to car enthusiasts and not just going for tech & fuel economy like so many others.

1 Functionality
* 2 kids & 2 dogs
2 Fun factor
*Engine
*Something that appeals to the car enthusiast in me
*Offroad capability, opens up a new avenue I havenā€™t explored yet in the automotive world.
+Bonus Removable roof/doors
3 Tech
*Heated seats, emergency braking assist were some of my must haves.
+Bonus 360 degree camera & remote start were something I was looking for but could have lived without.
4 Safety
*Bronco has the rear passenger air bags that the Wrangler was lacking
*The Bronco Sport was rated so highly in crash testing, I expect that they strived for similar safety goals for the full size (yes I know they are totally different platforms and unrelated).
5 Fuel economy
-I dont give a šŸ’© about fuel economy.
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wish I could have selected multiple options. :)

I've had wranglers in the past, and the "Jeep means Just Empty Every Pocket" was very true on every one of them, not just from upgrades, but the repair work for ones that never went offroad.

Mostly for me though, it was really the design. The dash 'throwback' reminiscent of the original broncos reminds me of the early 80s fox body vehicles (Fairmont, Mustang, Granada II, etc.), add in the more utilitarian design (Jeeps are too 'snazzy' and dressed up now), and all that, it was a welcome change to the garage that gets me back on the trails, and has more of the stuff I wanted built in (Mine is a FE - loving every minute of it, and so far, as more time passes, the more I love it, too!).

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My answer is kind of between two options, Dad had a Bronco when I was a kid and I loved it. But I also want a Jeep type vehicle (removable top/doors) but am not super fond of the way Jeeps look without mods. The Bronco on the other hand I believe I will be very happy with it as is/minor modifications.

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco A4F2551C-4DDE-4D93-A1CA-F0D2FBB72F17
Ford Bronco Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco A4F2551C-4DDE-4D93-A1CA-F0D2FBB72F17

Easy for me. I was raised in an early bronco. Dad bought this 71 new When I was 11 years old. He put a winch on it and we wheeled it on the back roads near dale hollow lake in Kentucky. I learned to drive in the Bronco. My brother and I took it on dates in high school so itā€™s in my blood.

Sponsored

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Jeeps. I also love that this fits the bill but has a different stance, a more aggressive stance IMO. Plus variety is the spice of life :)

Pokey

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's been years since I've owned a Ford. First new vehicle out of HS was a Ford but then I got a batch of bad experiences and left about 15 or so years ago. Hubby continued to buy his Fords. Anyway, got a Jeep and, after 4 years, couldn't take the jarring ride any longer. Heard the Bronco has the independent suspension and gave it a test drive. I'm thinking this will be a much better drive. I also love the look of it and hope it will last me a long time!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I owned a 1989 Bronco II for 44,000 miles for a total ownership cost less maintenance and fuel of $800.
I want a Ford Flex on a trophy truck chassis. This is as close as I'm ever able to get from the factory.
BL 2.3 manual high MIC '22 re-order confirmed.

forum.jpg

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I voted ā€œotherā€.

Where as Iā€™ve always wanted a first gen Bronco, weā€™ve been Chevy and Jeep loyalists. What started us on the journey to own a Bronco was the way Ford responded to the pandemic. Early in 2020 when other companies weā€™re leveraging the pandemic for profit, Ford stepped up to produce ventilation equipment without contracts and without guarantees that theyā€™d be paid.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered because I can't go to the dealership and buy one...:LOL::cry:

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP - I hope your study will cover the inability of humans to be honest with themselves about why they do what they do.

95% of a vehicle purchase has to do with aesthetics, whether the buyer realizes it, admits it, or not.

MTRoger

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basequatch Baby!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nostalgia was definitely the main factor in buying a Bronco. It was the first vehicle I worked on. (A 10 year old me under the Bronco with my dad saying "What's that?" 10,000 times.) And it's the first vehicle I drove. Good times.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had one, loved it, want another

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because itā€™s Fordā€™s version of a Wrangler. Iā€™m a wrangler buyer but always shied away for a few different reasons: cost to get the offroad running gear I need, lack of inspiring powertrain options (diesel unavail in 2 door) and road manners.

Bronco allows me to spec the best available offroad equipment with a more powerful engine without having to pay for the luxury items built into the Rubiconā€™s price. IFS is also a plus. I have to travel long distances to do any serious multi-day offroading. Better modified RTI scores donā€™t do anything for me if the trip to and from is miserable.

Everything else like 35ā€™s from the factory, better (IMO) styling and MGV seats is just a cherry on top

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been a Ford fan all of my life - 3 in the garage now. I've owned four gen 1 Broncos, a gen 2 1978, and a 1989 (whatever gen that is). I've recently sold a 77 and a 73, gave a friend a 77 project, and I'm refreshing my 73. My dad had a 66, so I've been around Broncos for a good portion of my life. I love them and even though I don't need a new gen 6 - I WANT AND WILL HAVE ONE!!
Sponsored