Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What other bug out vehicle will keep you safe during the zombie apocalypse?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've always been a Ford guy.

I and my family have owned several Broncos, loved them all.

Had to "settle" for a 05 Rubicon Unlimited in 07, 13 years is the longest I've ever owned a vehicle.

I can't wait, I simply can't wait.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought it looked cool and I have almost 30 years experience wheeling and modding (amateur to moderate level mods, I don't own a shop) and it looks good on paper.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BDSQACH

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
He could of worded that better.
(It hurt just to type that, lol)

Not sure why you think there will be a price to pay while on-road?
That is probably the primary reason for the IFS. The SFA Jeep supposedly drives like shit though.
I mean, there is compromise with all vehicles. Haul like a F350 will not handle like a Corvette.....
I completely agree with you. But for instance: I really like the look of the FJ but it's kind of a beast to drive. Just bigger inside than you would think.
I would imagine the Bronco will be the same. There will be a large segment of the market (not from this form) that will pick it up and be bigger than expected. Expecting it to drive like a suv it's going to be closer to a F-150 for those folks; but obviously more like a Ranger.
So ride will be nice but it will feel like you are always going to hit something or outside your lane. ?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the vehicle segment of short wheelbase, convertible, off-road SUV's with removable doors.

I don't like the direction Jeep has been taking over the last few years.

I've had my JK 9 years and getting ready to change it up. Jeep is low miles, only 55k so I'd like to be out of it before the typical FCA reliability demons strike, and also unload it while it's still worth good money thanks to their resale value.

With the wheeling I do, well used to do since it's been a while since I've took it wheeling, the solid axle on the Jeep in my use is overkill and not worth the trade-off in ride quality so I'm actually excited for the IFS.

Then Ford reveals this drop dead sexy beast and answered the call!!

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not a jeep.

My 66 Scout is fun to tool around town occasionally, but I don't have the balls to push it down a trail.

My 1980 Scout was fun to tool around town and could've been trail worthy. But I f'd up and cut it loose.

This one..... this one is going everywhere!

Sponsored

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me,
  • I have wanted the Jeep like experience since I was in College.
  • I didn't necessarily want a Jeep.
  • The Jeep's cost to what you got was more than I could afford.
  • I feel that the Black Diamond Bronco's build gives me all those things that I couldn't afford with the Jeep.
  • Its time for a 3rd car in our family with a teen driver next year. She'll get the Camry!
  • Midlife crisis, I owe it to myself.
  • All the other great reasons to get outside and explore this great country. I am not going to be afraid to take this Bronco off road!
So many other reasons as well but I'll stop there!!

outcast

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I need a vehicle that can take a family deep into the wilderness for camping trips. I'd prefer live axles front and rear for simplicity and durability, but I think Ford understands how little time the fleet will spend off road compared to on road. My daily is a Samurai right now so I can't help but laugh at the folks that are concerned about ride quality--I'm used to my spine providing half my suspension travel. Aside from the front suspension this Bronco is almost exactly how I would build a family hauler/weekend warrior if I were running the show at Ford.

Also my dad has had an early Bronco since before I was born. It was always the coolest vehicle around. I want to carry on the torch, so to speak.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are many reasons to own the bronco one is that you can make it yours a katrillion different ways .
Another important reason is that everyone guy or gal should own a rear wheel drive CONVERTIBLE once in their life hopefully a manual.
Sponsored