Sponsored

Main reason you purchasing the Bronco? (POLL)

For me, I am mostly purchasing a Bronco because...

• I have love for the iconic brand BRONCO above all else!

Votes: 114 22.2%
  • I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • I want to be the one in the shiniest new toy on the road!

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I want/need a new off road vehicle and this is the best one for me!

Votes: 97 18.9%
  • I feel this is a great investment that I will capitalize on!

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • I just like the vehicle and nothing else really.

Votes: 105 20.5%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 45 8.8%

• Total voters

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Our son was going to buy one so his Great Dane would fit when going to the dog park. He passed away at age 21 in June so buying in his honor.
So sorry for your loss.
Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need something that I can drive across the country pulling a trailer, and then take on gnarly trails and camp out of for a few days, then load up and drive 1500 miles back home, with the A/C and stereo blasting. I have an old Jeep that rules offroad, but sucks for long distance slab work.
I have a Subaru Forester that is more capable than it looks, but lacks ground clearance and approach angle, not to mention it has 240k miles on it.

On my most recent trip to Colorado, my wife and I were in my 2017 Toyota Tacoma, which was very capable. It went everywhere I wanted to go, without struggle, with 32" tires. But the ride was exhausting on some of the rougher stuff, as the suspension didn't soak up much, and I was afraid to air down much on the rocks for fear of screwing up my wheels. We got tossed all over the place going over Tin Cup Pass, and before we made it back to a paved road, I had decided I wanted to put about $12k-$15k into the Taco, to make it more offroad friendly. This would include a quality suspension lift, probably long travel, tcase doubler, as well as lockers and 35's.
The very next day, Ford revealed the 2021 Bronco, with Sasquatch Package, and everything it offered was on my list of mods for the Taco, as well as an extra 100 hp over my N/A 2.7l 4 banger, even with the base engine! (at the time they hadn't yet said Squatch would be auto only)
They offered a manual trans, and the crawler gear made it comparable in crawl ratio to what I'd have gotten with a doubler on the Yota. WooHoo!
All this at a price point that would put the Manual BaseSquatch right there to have the same payment I was making on the Tacoma!
As soon as I made it home, I made a reservation for the Bronco, and started cleaning my truck up to sell, to get a good down payment.
Now I'm just waiting, and hoping for 2 things:

1. That I can actually afford this thing by the time it delivers.
2. That my worn out shitboxes keep running until it gets here.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just like the bronco, I was considering a truck but I am not really a truck guy. I current have 2 sedans a my daily and my track car , and kind of want something with more utility. I have a 2 year old and another coming next month so the room will nice as well. It also means we won't have to use the wife's 4runner for everything when the new baby comes

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2013 Chevy Cruze is on its way out. Ever since I saw the 4DR in disguise I wanted to check them out. Then when the reveal happened I was like I want the 2DR. Living only 10 minutes from the plant helps with doing recon.

Pain612

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro 2 Door Black Diamond Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm tired of having to daily my Camaro in New England and my TJs frame isn't worth repairing at this point so I had been considering a JL to consolidate down to 1 car. Held out for the Bronco announcement since my family has had broncos for most of my life and couldn't be happier about it.

Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I could have two vehicles(realistic/dream), I'd have
1) miata/boxster manual convertible for dd
2) 4runner/land cruiser to go on long trips and the roads less taken

2door manual is the compromise vehicle between the two, and more reliable and comfortable than jeep? Bronco does little both of both 1 and 2 but good at neither. Why am I doing this to myself?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's a little of several.

There's just something badass about the Bronco name, so "I have a love for the iconic Bronco brand" (though it was discontinued when we were 5 years old)

My wife wanted a 2-door SUV but I wanted something more reliable / highway-friendly than a Jeep, so "I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it" works.

But ultimately, we've never had a new new car and it doesn't get much newer than this. We want the shiny new toy.

Aubie

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I clicked on other because I'm giving the Jeep I have to the wife and getting a Bronco for me.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Yep, sums it up. I'm getting ready to unload my JK and I'm not super keen on the JL or else I probably wouldn't be here. So because of that the Bronco is at the top of a otherwise very short list of potential vehicles. And so far with it looking pretty damn bitching and I still have to pinch myself, OPTIONAL FACTORY 35s!!!!!!!!!, and of course top and doors come off so that's all keeping me very intrigued. Can't wait for this thing to officially launch!

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rubber floors....also all the other reasons too

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a fun little "sports" car but picked up an old XJ to see how'd I like the off-road scene. The XJ needs some thing to make it more capable and when it is all said and done, I would have put more $ into it than it is worth... AND I'm still left with a 25 year old car.

So I started to think about a Jeep and then this Bronco came out (well you know what I mean) so I figured.. what the hell... tired of maintaining 2 vehicles anyway.

So they are both going to be out.. and 1 new shiny Bronco in its place.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking at convertibles because I love the open air experience. Was test driving a Porsche Boxster the weekend before the Bronco announcement In fact. Porsche was too slow (PDK was sweet and I loved the brown though). Once the Bronco was revealed I realized I wanted a vehicle that offers a different driving experience while giving me the top down experience I am looking for.

B181EC4B-24F5-41BC-AC91-FD7A81B80595.jpeg

Nice! I am test driving the same car, it is slow but very fun to drive, try the manual! it's very exciting.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice! I am test driving the same car, it is slow but very fun to drive, try the manual! it's very exciting.
I had the dealership take my info for when a used 982 Boxster S or 718 Boxster S came in, but the Bronco got revealed! I’m all in on that. If not for the Bronco I would be pretty tempted to trade my F80 M3 in for the new G80 M3. That thing is sick! Giant grilles and all!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model