What did your Bronco replace?

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My daughter was similarly upset when my wife sold her Honda Odyssey. The replacement vehicle (23 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy) was MUCH nicer than the van....but the van was where she rode all her life, to include 2 years in South Korea. Hell...my wife, despite driving a much nicer vehicle, still felt attached and emotional getting rid of the van. I wasn't sad. LOL
I had to take my two kids to the airport after Christmas and one of them had a box with a full sized adult bike in it. So, 4 adults and one child, luggage and a bike. Attempted to fit it in my Wife's Nissan Pathfinder.. nope.. Called my daughter up who bought our Toyota Sienna Van. Everything fit with room to spare. Forgot how nice it was to drive that vehicle.
Don't have my Bronco yet.. I am excited about it, but I will never look down on Mini Vans.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer manual with 250k miles, was going to drive it until the wheels fell off. Ford announced the Bronco, so I had to have one, and made my reservation. Waited a year, still no Bronco being built, my dad needed a car so I gave him my Lancer. I purchased a Bronco Sport from Granger as an interim, figuring it'd be at least another 1-2 years. A few months later got an email from Granger saying my Bronco was being built. Total shock and excitement. Traded in the Sport for my Bronco. Now is my daily driver, just turned 39k miles. New manual transmission a thousand miles ago. Runs great so far.

Jwis

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like I mentioned in earlier post to broadicustomworks, not sure I would have gotten rid of the jeep. The rubicon LJ is true unicorn but I suspect you got a pretty penny for it.
I woke up one morning and saw the national market for LJ Rubicon was sparse and expensive with none for sale in the Rocky Mountain region. With many G1 Broncos and a G2 in our past, we decided on the G6. Sold the LJ for several $Ks more than new cost.
The LJ was an outstanding Moab wheeler; but an awful driver, bad mileage and un-civilized with the 35 Goodyear MT's. Would have liked to keep, but $$ was needed for the Bronco. I sold it 2 years and 5 months ago--ordered a '21 Bronco the next day, just got it as a '23 Dec 23rd.
We'll see how it wheels this summer...

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replaced my 2014 Porsche Cayman. Was a fun car but it had a PDK auto transmission and a manual transmission would have been more enjoyable.

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 065B0A89-D743-4C1F-87CF-FACF949BC9C0
Been there with a ‘10 Boxster S, Ill post the pic later. I learned manual, and that was it, boxster was ruined, I would have been happy with a ‘92 Civic hatch (forget the chassis code)

Manual or bust

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2010 Ford Ranger SE, had it since new, just over 55k miles on it, and in excellent condition. Sold it during the buying mania of used cars 1.5 years ago. Selling price was
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? my truck 3 - Aug. 26 '10
more than I bought it for new. It was a fun truck, surprisingly capable off road, and the bed was useful, but, the Bronco is way more fun!

Potter

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bought a wildtrack to keep miles off the Raptor.
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_0180

Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Replaced my 2014 Porsche Cayman. Was a fun car but it had a PDK auto transmission and a manual transmission would have been more enjoyable.

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_0180
there is just something special about a manual transmission.
Love my 350

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs