Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m wondering if anyone has had their dealership update their speedo for larger tires yet? When I got larger tires two years ago they didn’t have that capability yet, so I just used forscan. Thinking of going even larger and would prefer to have dealer update speedo rather using forscan (and not pay for that for performance ECU tool).

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, and they never will be able to again most likely. Ford took that away a while ago.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, and they never will be able to again most likely. Ford took that away a while ago.
Random side question:

Did they take it out of IDS too? Someone at work is working on an old Ranger/F-150 frankenbuild project and wanted help, but if you can’t do it IDS either that changes things…

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Random side question:

Did they take it out of IDS too? Someone at work is working on an old Ranger/F-150 frankenbuild project and wanted help, but if you can’t do it IDS either that changes things…
I believe so. I haven’t personally looked for it in IDS for a while, but I do remember someone mentioning to me that it was no longer there either. I can check tomorrow though.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe so. I haven’t personally looked for it in IDS for a while, but I do remember someone mentioning to me that it was no longer there either.
🙃

My only question is “why, Ford, why do this?”.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

🙃

Yeah it’s stupid. Especially when they’re making off road vehicles and know their customer base is going to be changing tire sizes.
I’ve got to assume there was a reasoning behind it though. They may have had their hands tied due to some type of regulation or something, who knows 🤷‍♂️

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

🙃

Liability I’m sure.

“Did you know you were going 15 over the speed limit?”

“Really!? I had no idea - my speedometer read exactly at the speed limit and I just had it calibrated by the dealer after they installed these awesome tires!”

It did get me out a ticket the week after I picked up my Bronco… so it does work, at least in limited circumstances

NYtoCALI

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4 door on order-Transwest Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw the thread, and had to ask.

Revolution question without having to recalibrate.
255 series on OB is 629 revs. Looking to put wider tires on…..revs could be up to 10 revs +\- either way. At what point would I notice speedometer off dramatically?
I deal with 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 class 7/8 trucks knowing that 5 to 8 revs either way is acceptable by Engineering. Sometimes you just can’t match it up. Just curious what the experience of has been with Broncos.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is off like 5 mph. I can live with that, not a big deal!!

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m wondering if anyone has had their dealership update their speedo for larger tires yet? When I got larger tires two years ago they didn’t have that capability yet, so I just used forscan. Thinking of going even larger and would prefer to have dealer update speedo rather using forscan (and not pay for that for performance ECU tool).

Thanks!
It’s actually illegal to do that. Ford scan tools no longer have the option to change tire size or gear ratios. I think the Ford Racing tuner may be able to do it, but comes with the “Off Road Use Only” disclaimer. Forscan can do it without much trouble.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🙃

EPA regulations, we’re no longer able to legally do anything that changes the original build “calibration “ for emissions and fuel economy ratings reasons.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Saw the thread, and had to ask.

Revolution question without having to recalibrate.
255 series on OB is 629 revs. Looking to put wider tires on…..revs could be up to 10 revs +\- either way. At what point would I notice speedometer off dramatically?
I deal with 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 class 7/8 trucks knowing that 5 to 8 revs either way is acceptable by Engineering. Sometimes you just can’t match it up. Just curious what the experience of has been with Broncos.
The difference in revolutions affecting the speedometer is greater the faster you go. Something that is only 10 revs off (+/-) will be negligible. You can plug in tire comparisons at Tire Size Calculator.

As an example, take the scenario that an OBX (255/70R18) swaps wheels/tires with a Black Diamond (265/70R17). Two wheels/tires that are very similar but highlights the revolution discrepancy which is +9/mile. At 50mph reading, the actual speed is 49.2mph. At 70mph reading, the actual speed is 68.8mph.

Ford Bronco Can dealerships calibrate speedo yet? 1705442643943

Ford Bronco Can dealerships calibrate speedo yet? 1705442672618