Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure why your bitching about pricing...EVERYTHING ELSE has gotten more expensive! Just comparing my wifes 2017 Escape to the 2024 Model, it is almost 7K more base price and doesn't include leather or the 2.0L in it. My Big Bend went up about 4.5K between 22MY and 23MY.

If price was such an issue for the Bronco, you'd see sublean loan rates and/or discounts, but we are far from that, even with the shitty buying market we are in today with interest rates.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know, if you look at ADM, this is just normalizing what Broncos have mostly been selling for in the first place.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would the hard top owners be honest. Do they not have creeks and leaks?
I have a factory hard top and soft top. The hard top doesn’t creak or leak at all. The hard top looks a lot better and is also quite a bit quieter than the soft top. It’s been great for the fall and winter months.

That said, I can’t wait to get my soft top back on this spring so I can enjoy the open air. It’s so much more convenient to open and close. The soft top is a much better experience if you enjoy having the top open.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford logic, the market share of the Bronco is in last place behind jeep and Toyota; let's increase prices. The lower cost entry points simply get people into the platform and get them loving. When they want more,let them trade up. Cycle the used market down the income levels, and again, let them trade up. So what if more people bought leather and vinyl, getting rid of cloth was dumb. One self defeating short term vision decision after another.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a factory hard top and soft top. The hard top doesn’t creak or leak at all. The hard top looks a lot better and is also quite a bit quieter than the soft top. It’s been great for the fall and winter months.

That said, I can’t wait to get my soft top back on this spring so I can enjoy the open air. It’s so much more convenient to open and close. The soft top is a much better experience if you enjoy having the top open.
I have the soft top and love it. However I want a hard top for when well, I want a hard top. Especially long road trips 70mph plus. OEM worries me unless I found one pretty cheap. ADV isn’t happening. Rally tops I think is the name looks cheap. Turn looks very promising but can’t get past the clamps.

Sponsored

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That Autoblog article clearly is comparing the Bronco to ALL mid- to -large SUVs, which is disingenuous. The Bronco's only REAL competition is the Wrangler. I say this for several reasons but the main one is to me the removable/convertible roof makes the Bronco what it is. The removable roof is THE reason I'm not shopping 4Runner/Land Cruiser/Defender etc. Also, the article is obviously AI-generated and I am already tired of searching online for info and finding nothing but badly written AI vomit. Anyway, that's my 2 centi-dollars.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No, that’s not what would have happened. If that were the case, they wouldn’t have brought it back.

All the consumer class does is make things more expensive and far less cool, because they aren’t cool. In fact, they kill nameplates. Think Pathfinder, Defender, even Blazer. The consumers just want soft and cookie cutter just like they are, so manufacturers adjust to them since they are the majority.

Bronco was meant to maybe sell 70K to 100K per year ”at best” and Ford was fine with that. Once they received 200K orders, the calculus must shift. Then came the complains on wind noise, cup holders, soft touch materials, etc….. Meeting these demands are what can kill an off-roader. This is why the Wrangler was the last man standing and even it has softened a lot since 2007.

Sorry man, just facts.
This is just the equivalent of complaining that you followed whatever band before they sold out and became mainstream.

Ford, like most manufacturers, have had no problem letting their babies grow fat as they profit but the good thing about consumerism is that when enough "enthusiasts" demand a grassroots like product someone will ultimately provide it, only to start the same vicious cycle all over again.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saul Goodman.

The Maverick, when it first came out, was a killer deal, especially in hybrid form. Now the hybrid is a premium over the 2.0T even though you can't get the hybrid in 4WD/AWD and it tows less. It's still a great option for people who really don't need to haul much. I thought the Maverick hybrid would have been a great option for my daughter, but they had a huge waiting list and then the prices went way up. :(

I get it, though. Ford sees all the ADM and realizes they are leaving money on the table. Where it hurts is for those of us who didn't (don't) pay ADM, because our prices go up.
I just picked one up. My wife loves it.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh, I have a soft top, and while it can be noisy on the highway at 75+ I knew it was not going to be quiet like my F150. Honestly, I have my music going, and I just tend to not even hear the noise after a while driving.

To solve this though, I have purchased an aftermarket HT, which should be shipping soon. I am sure that will quiet down things quite a bit. Again I bought a Bronco to do some wheeling and enjoy. If I want a quiet road trip, I'll take the Sport HEL, or my Shelby out.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked one up. My wife loves it.
Good to hear. Honestly, I think most people would be fine with Maverick capabilities in a pickup. This coming from a former F150 owner. If you only need more than what the Maverick can do once a year, it would be far, far cheaper to rent a truck or borrow a friend's and pay with gas and/or beverages than pay for all the unused capability.

I get that probably isn't the case with a lot of people here, who probably want to tow more, but for the general population, it more than handles the need. Heck, the 1,500 lb bed capacity is about the same as our F150, and 2-4K towing is pretty decent.

Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FYI, I picked up my Bronco this week and the sales critter was showing me around the car. He was impressed with the sound deadening in the roof and mentioned this was the 3rd iteration of it (due to noise and water ingress). He thought the 3rd iteration came out in 2023 and they have water run over the roof for 24 hours to verify it doesn't leak.

But his lips were moving, so take this information with a grain of salt.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some of us like a simple and durable interior over soft touch garbage.
Tell me you didn’t just use “durable” in the same sentence as “interior” referring to a Bronco.

My dog licks the plastic on this interior and it scratches. I’m about ready to take sandpaper to the entire interior and scuff it up. At least it will hide the new scratches.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to hear. Honestly, I think most people would be fine with Maverick capabilities in a pickup. This coming from a former F150 owner. If you only need more than what the Maverick can do once a year, it would be far, far cheaper to rent a truck or borrow a friend's and pay with gas and/or beverages than pay for all the unused capability.

I get that probably isn't the case with a lot of people here, who probably want to tow more, but for the general population, it more than handles the need. Heck, the 1,500 lb bed capacity is about the same as our F150, and 2-4K towing is pretty decent.
For small and medium loads, the bed is way more useful than any other truck.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've only got 260 miles on mine, mostly highway and 2 lane country roads, but it's not much louder than my 2016 F-150 and I'm enjoying the drive (manual transmission) as much or more than the 2005 Mustang GT (the only other machine I bought new). Maybe the folks that think they're loud live in areas with perfect roads.

steni

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish people would stop whining about interior quality before they give the Bronco a Lexus interior -- yuck!! Some of us like a simple and durable interior over soft touch garbage. There is a reason why the original Jeep Cherokee XJ are so highly sought after, and this is a big reason why. Broncos are loaded with tech like every other vehicle, but at least they kept the interior basic and I for one don't want it changed.
I was actually prepared for noise...but maybe got lucky...( the Raptor is pretty quiet )we will see what happens when I remove the two doors top this summer if when I put it back on things change noise wise
I just picked up my 2024 Wildtrack today, drove it from the dealer to my house(16 miles) and i was ready for a loud and bumpy ride(coming from a BMW X6 M50I) and I got to say I was very Impressed having owned two wranglers.
Very Happy!
Sponsored