Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I got the right one, this is some video to show that not all trails are peaches and cream. I'm sure an IFS can do a lot of this also this is just to show some of you the trails that are in this great country of ours, they are not all dusty trails. The first few minutes really show how articulation is needed. These are natural rock gardens in PA. I have this same landscape at my cabin that borders 55,000 acres of state forest. Trails like this are everywhere around here.

Yeah this is more what a short wheelbase Bronco should be designed for. I live in San Diego where we have plenty of desert off-road go fast places. That’s cool and all and I have a blast on quads and dirt bikes blasting through them. If I was rich I’d be blasting through them on a Raptor but I’m not. I do see them out there though but we have trials too and most places have technical trails to navigate that only a short wheelbase off-road vehicle can go.

The Bronco can have IFS I won’t freak out but I’d like Ford to show some technical attributes and show it going through actual trails soon.That’s more what a short wheelbase is designed for. Ford seems hyper focused on desert speed off-road. Hell even after the Bronco won Baja they stretched it to make it really go fast.
Ford Bronco New Full Length Official Bronco Prototype Testing Video 9E993F2D-B114-4A96-A95E-6136A5048B5D

And not all of us can drift in the snow like @Jalisurr :rockon:
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I’d like Ford to show some technical attributes and show it going through actual trails soon.That’s more what a short wheelbase is designed for. Ford seems hyper focused on desert speed off-road. ...
It is a very strange campaign to market it for that purpose when its short wheelbase geometry is inherently poorly suited to high speeds.

No attempt to expand their market by differentiating it from the Raptor pickups, showing it in an environment that benefits from high maneuverability like navigating between rocks or trees or along a tight winding mountain or forest path. They're doing a bunch of their testing in AUS, we've seen mules there, its not like they don't have a mild climate available this time of year.

Bust out some 'rock monster' or 'raptor' and show us whats really up. No more minivans flopping around in the sand.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No attempt to expand their market by differentiating it from the Raptor pickups, showing it in an environment that benefits from high maneuverability like navigating between rocks or trees or along a tight winding mountain or forest path
Exactly, I find it very strange they seem to be marketing it as a Raptor suv so far. Then to see that the two door is going to be even shorter then we thought it just doesn’t make sense. Even as someone that wants a Bronco more for tails I feel that it might be a touch too short.

Like Ford does know what most people bought an EB for right? They do know what Jeeps are built for? They do know that they have two different sized Raptors already? They do know overlanding is a thing? They do know about their past with suv roll overs? They do know what a Bronco is . . . right Ford???

tenor.gif

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not looking for a commercial per say but the only real marketing we’ve seen for it seems to focus on Raptor esque qualities.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not looking for a commercial per say but the only real marketing we’ve seen for it seems to focus on Raptor esque qualities.
I think they are trying to look cinematic as rock crawling is the opposite of that, it's a lot easier to look "tough" going fast and hitting a jump and them some bumpy bits than going 1 mile an hour over a rock. I am not saying it won't be capable I am saying it's like a movie trailer for a block buster vs real life

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I get what you all are saying and I’m not mad at it. I’m just saying it’s kind of odd to be hyping the fast aspect of a less then 100” wheelbase vehicle.

It’s more sexy sure and I loved the Bronco R intro and idea. However I just find it weird that it seems that’s all Ford has seemed to focus on or show regarding the Bronco. There are plenty of ways to make an off-road vehicle look good rather then it just bombing hills and flipping sand.

I know it’s still early but it’s unsettling to me as a person who wants the Bronco for trail use, like what it should be designed for. Jeep and Land Rover have made awesome commercials showcasing this. Again I don’t need a commercial yet but some signs that they are committed to making an off-road trail vehicle and not just a Raptor with a camper shell would be nice.

Us (I won’t say it, I don’t want the chairs) need our nerves settled and some reassurance that the Bronco will be flexy. Flexy is sexy

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I get what you all are saying and I’m not mad at it. I’m just saying it’s kind of odd to be hyping the fast aspect of a less then 100” wheelbase vehicle.

It’s more sexy sure and I loved the Bronco R intro and idea. However I just find it weird that it seems that’s all Ford has seemed to focus on or show regarding the Bronco. There are plenty of ways to make an off-road vehicle look good rather then it just bombing hills and flipping sand.

I know it’s still early but it’s unsettling to me as a person who wants the Bronco for trail use, like what it should be designed for. Jeep and Land Rover have made awesome commercials showcasing this. Again I don’t need a commercial yet but some signs that they are committed to making an off-road trail vehicle and not just a Raptor with a camper shell would be nice.

Us (I won’t say it, I don’t want the chairs) need our nerves settled and some reassurance that the Bronco will be flexy. Flexy is sexy

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think it was awesome they made a video, with full on editing and production, of THAT unBronco mule.

Whomever made that choice gets me.

LOL

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it was awesome they made a video, with full on editing and production, of THAT unBronco mule.

Whomever made that choice gets me.

LOL
LOL I think the first video is an edited version of the second and they did it that way because of KOH. … waited till after KOH to release the commentary of Lovell to gain more hits.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL I think the first video is an edited version of the second and they did it that way because of KOH. … waited till after KOH to release the commentary of Lovell to gain more hits.
Yup lol

They bothered to film that fugly thing.

And then release the video.

That's my kind of jam hahahahaha

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the it is ifs and sra. does that make sense? i am not that experienced.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs