JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So if you are now in the queue for the MY 2022....

When does the MY 2022 B&P come out?!!?!?!?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No dealer will mark up any bronco, they are forbidden to do so by Ford.
Haha @Sheehy Ford of Richmond tried to markup FEā€™s in another thread and got Stone Cold Stunned. Once he regained consciousness and wiped the beer off himself, he made an announcement that FEā€™s will no longer have ADM.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m at granger and reserved 7/22
Praying I get it in 21
I think it will be tight. Granger had put you in a good spot with their plan, but Ford changing things again took away the October surprise advantage. Iā€™m a little worried about mine at 7/17 because the reservations were so front loaded.

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No dealer will mark up any bronco, they are forbidden to do so by Ford. Additional deposits? That's between you and your dealer...
Are you sure about this? I hope this is the case. I know there are penalties for not filling a certain percentage of orders with reservation holders, but I had not heard they cannot mark up price. I seem to recall Ford saying they could not really control pricing at the dealer level. I'm not doubting you at all. There has been a lot of confusion to say the least.

I will say that is a concern for me since I have two friends who went through this for 2020 mid engine corvettes. Both complained about all the same things we do on here. In the end, one of them got theirs with no issues at all. The other went through a different dealer in FL and all seemed well until, after an additional delay, he was notified the car was ready via tracking. The dealer wanted 5K more citing "high demand" and "we have people lined up that will pay it." He walked away reported it to Chevy (no recourse).

I am glad Ford is taking steps to ensure this crap is held to a minimum, but with the Bronco being a similar hot item, I think it's going to get interesting. I hope not and wish all well. Despite it all, this is an exciting time!!

Sponsored

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm just happy I reserved one. This gives me more time to save up some extra cash for more options and hopefully I'll get some new options available since I'll be getting the MY22 one (hopefully lol)
Here's to hoping they fix the back seat vents for that model!

I should probably leave this forum though. Looks like it's gonna be a long wait! Fuck, I just realized it could be another 2 years before I'm driving a Bronco. Thinking about what 2020 brought, that's a long ass time lol.
oh be quiet....grrrr.......smile.....I should have but can't make up my mind which to order
That means by the time i get mine yours will be an ancient old model...yuk.. yuk...

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Warning massive multiquote response ahead.

Initial allocation has been communicated...

You are talking about the last 50% and totally forgetting the first 50% of the scale...

Conversion rate is the major determining factor while the dealer size and Jeep Yota market penetration is the other half...
From my understanding there is an initial allocation based on the September cutoff.
Then we'll have build and price, finalize orders, etc between now and the end of January. Once that process is settled Ford and the dealerships should have a better understanding on the conversion ratio of reservations to orders and give dealerships a final allocation. So whatever Ford's production is for the year will be allocated at that point and dealerships will receive the allocation that they finalized and orders submitted from the cutoff in January.

Does that make sense?

Has allocation for reservations before sept 18 been determined or not? when you say communicated do you just mean the process has been communicated?
If someone transfers to a new dealer with a pre sept 18 reservation would that still impact their allocation?
[/QUOTE]

In the effort of full disclosure, I just spoke to the Ford rep in this area. Bronco Sport allocation is known. Full size Bronco allocation info has not been communicated to ANY dealer as of yet. If other info is out there, it is almost certainly incorrect.
Thank you and stay safe.
It seems like Ford was out to get a certain dealer when they made the allocation changes. That dealer has probably gotten hundreds more reservations since then would end up upsetting that process if Ford didn't do something to put a stop to it. Those that gambled thinking they wouldn't really have to wait until 2022 will be unhappy. Those that truly don't mind the wait won't have any issue with this.
They are hitting them by not counting their late reservations in the formula for allocation. If they counted all converted reservations in the formula, than it benefits Granger in getting more allocations. They put that date in specifically for that not to affect things. It wasnā€™t arbitrary.
Yeah - I think they are boxing Granger out with this move.
I don't think its a box out move as much as a satisfy large dealer move. Or even just a "lets put a line in the sand so we have somewhere logical to start" but thats just my opinion.
Did it really impact Granger. I mean how may more reservations post sept 18 did they really get that would have a significant impact on allocation. I am sure it impacted some. how much is getting x amount more reservations post sept 18 going to increase allocation enough to fulfill all their reservations pre sept 18. Just thinking out loud here, no strong feelings.

This timing seems to line up with the comms on sept 25 and October offer from Granger though.

A) they know any pre sept 18 reservation is good for early allocation, B)any later reservation is good for later allocation.. Sounds like Granger wins either way, and customers weren't really impacted.
In the end for those who want to know WHEN they are gonna get theirs... No matter what dealer it will be eventually. But again it comes down to allocation. I tried, foolhardily, to summarize that process best i could in another thread, still some good info there

@Granger Ford @Kris87
Hypothetically, if the Ford allocation formula works out to 90% for a specific dealer, does this mean only the first 90% of the reservation holders get their Bronco from that dealer?
Do the remaining 10% get moved to the end of the line (after initial allocation is fulfilled to all dealers), or are their reservations cancelled?

Or does the allocation formula only apply to what a dealer may receive (for dealer stock) after all current reservations are filled?

This 'dealer allocation' suggests I may be penalized due to my dealer's standing.
I would expect Ford to honor my timestamp and not penalize me for the dealer I chose.

If my August reservation gets cancelled I'm going to be pissed. If it just gets delayed, I may be able to deal with it.
On a similar note, I don't think anyone believes allocation is going to dealer stock. All reservations converted to orders will be filled before dealer stock. At least that seems to be the common theme.

However, it does appear there could be a possibility you could be penalized as far as delivery timeline based on your dealer choice. super small dealer may get allocated 2 broncos at a time, while large dealer gets significantly more and your early reservation is backed up behind some later reservations at the big dealer. This is speculative though.

This is true.

Ford doesn't care about what 1 dealer is doing. They didn't choose a date to penalize 1 dealer that is selling lots of Broncos. Why would they be out to harm their dealer network AND F*CK over FORD and BRONCO enthusiasts?

They chose a date based on how many reservations were taken prior to that date and how many they think will convert to orders AND how many they think they can deliver in 2021.
I concur cuz i am on the internet and my opinion is more important here :LOL:

As a reminder, converted reservations as of January 31, 2021 will account for 50% of the dealer allocation formula, with the remaining 50% weight on competitive registrations and your Ford retail salesas a percentage of the nation.
WTF does that mean!!
wouldn't we all like to know

That is exactly right.-The date, September 18, applies to the 50% of the 2021 allocation. So while there is an absolute time stamp to consider, the dealer holds a relative one and its position in production is based on dealer reservations held ( time stamped prior to September 18 ) dealer performance and position in the marketplace. Add to this that through the dealer you will know your position on the Dealers allocation list prior to ordering.
By this memo, you should have an idea were you stand on your dealer allocation before ordering. Nothing stops you from shopping dealers at that time
So they will have allocation before converted orders? how?
nm i see its a FORECAST
" intital allocation forcast ahead of order bank opening" Sounds like it will be know before Jan 31
felt like this was a good summary
The allocation is the number of 2021 model year Broncos that a dealer will receive. Big dealers, dealers with lots of pre-Sept18 orders, and dealers in areas that sell lots of Wranglers will get more. Note that dealers will accept reservations and convert them to orders, but if they don't receive an allocation they won't actually be built (order will eventually convert to 2022). If you have a good dealer they may tell you your chances of 2021 (when placing order), but most will not. You won't find out until Feb-Mar 2021 when it is too late to change dealers.

It means that at some dealers, all or most of their reservation holders will get a 2021, even if ordered after Sept 18. At others, reservations holders will have to wait for 2022 even if they ordered before Sept 18. This is the "approximately in reservation order" disclaimer in action.

We were hoping the reservation system would eliminate this crap, but Ford caved to the big dealers.

I hope this is wrong.
You're saying a reservation holder could get screwed and have their delivery delayed by months...... due to the performance and standing of their dealer.
The reservation holder should not be penalized by their choice of dealer!
pretty much, see the thread i linked above

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ahhhheeeee...just remembered something. They do runs of a single color and same option packages then move on to the next on down the line. At least this was the way they did it a couple of years ago. Makes the assembly process faster. The down side is if they are making your pacvkage but not your color your vehicle order dosent get filled unyill they do that package again in your color. I wonder if you can order any color/ that may speed things up

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While it's cool to know that I'm in the MY2021 camp with a reservation date of 7/24. It sadly doesn't seem to mean much since it sounds like I'm pretty much screwed by dint of reserving through a small, local dealer and most likely still won't see my '21 Bronco until '22.

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My take is they won't be able to count any reservations from Sept 18th on as 21's thus shrinking their allocation.
All dealers would be impacted the same though. Their 50% stake is limited by that date as well. I am guessing allocation is based on a fixed number of production units. so the other 25%/25% is fixed too. With the longer time to transfer pre sept 18 reservations seems like a benefit to Granger.

Hypothetical 100k units through sept 18 vs 200k units through next model year... does it change that much? I have no idea. just makes me wonder more

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lot of people seem to think something said doesn't apply to them. Some of these people probably thought 2022 really meant July 2021. I have a hard time believing people that want a Bronco would wait 1 1/2 - 2 years to get one? A good deal of these people have very low post counts or joined this forum the day they placed the $2k deal. I feel most of those people are dreamers that will never follow through.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you reserved on Sept 18th, you'll get a 2022. It says the timestamp must be prior to Sept. 18th
MY22 will roll out early, mid or late 2023.
Sponsored