Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, i know about the Ford phone calls, and yes i work at a Ford dealer. No i dont care about bashing Granger. Im not really concerned about the number of people who are changing reservations to Granger. Power to them and power to the free market. Im simply stating facts that people switching to Granger, due to allocation, could in fact have ordered prior to the 2021 cut off date, but wind up with a 2022. as i stated, its an unfortunate possibility. nice try though haha.
Everything you said is true if you pay attention. I don’t like that Ford went away from what they promised to the consumers with the reservation process, but they did. It’s also not just Granger buyers that could be at risk, but any reservation holder at a smaller dealer in a smaller market is at a disadvantage based on the formula.
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, i know about the Ford phone calls, and yes i work at a Ford dealer. No i dont care about bashing Granger. Im not really concerned about the number of people who are changing reservations to Granger. Power to them and power to the free market. Im simply stating facts that people switching to Granger, due to allocation, could in fact have ordered prior to the 2021 cut off date, but wind up with a 2022. as i stated, its an unfortunate possibility. nice try though haha.
One man's "facts" are another man's brainwashery. Where you get your "facts" and how you interpret them can turn them into something that is no longer, and possibly never was, fact. One of the problems I see a lot here is how quickly people assume what someone in a position of presumed authority has told them must be fact. When you get your ass handed to you in a Dixie cup later because you made ridiculously bad assumptions, don't complain to anyone or expect a mulligan because the facts you heard weren't actually facts but someone's subjective interpretation of the truth.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And a number of people switched to Grangers $2,000 October special because they want to wait for a 2022 model, win-win.
no arguments there. My whole post was for the simple fact that people are getting super worked up about 2021 vs 2022, when im getting this, when im getting that. this is constantly changing and nobody really know. im probably holding off for a 2022 for the hopes of Sage so

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like Ford needs to clarify two things; will MY22 cost more in any way, two, will there be upgrades to the MY22 Bronco (any new exterior color, a light interior, 2” lift, 37” tires, white top etc) Without these answers, combined with the freedom to cancel an order even upon delivery, then the smart play is for everybody to have a MY21 AND MY22 reservation AND why not convert both to orders and wait to decide upon delivery? There is no penalty to do so (at least for the customer). I would feel guilty doing this but Ford has certainly set up a situation that will reward doing this. I see more chaos for Ford than the consumer as it currently stands.
Even Ford won't know the answers to those questions for many, many months. Those decisions aren't finalized this early. History can be a guide here:

Expect no significant changes. Ford does not usually offer new paint colors in the second model year. I can't think of a time in recent memory where Ford offered a new interior when a model wasn't being refreshed. There could be a small cost increase for a 2022 Bronco, but it would not be significant. The biggest change would come if Ford added or removed something from what was included with one of the trims. The MSRP would adjust accordingly.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One man's "facts" are another man's brainwashery. Where you get your "facts" and how you interpret them can turn them into something that is no longer, and possibly never was, fact. One of the problems I see a lot here is how quickly people assume what someone in a position of presumed authority has told them must be fact. When you get your ass handed to you in a Dixie cup later because you made ridiculously bad assumptions, don't complain to anyone or expect a mulligan because the facts you heard weren't actually facts but someone's subjective interpretation of the truth.
They are the facts as current from ford. keep in mind i finished out that statement with this is ever changing. hence why all of this entire thread is laughable at best.

Sponsored

mrock

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 Lariat; 2016 RAM; 2022 Black Diamond SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no arguments there. My whole post was for the simple fact that people are getting super worked up about 2021 vs 2022, when im getting this, when im getting that. this is constantly changing and nobody really know. im probably holding off for a 2022 for the hopes of Sage so
GetWild- which dealership do you work for? I'd like to know so I can avoid it at all costs.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are the facts as current from ford. keep in mind i finished out that statement with this is ever changing. hence why all of this entire thread is laughable at best.
I find some of it laughable, too. That you insist on finding the entire thread "funny" and "laughable" reveals how little you understand about customers.

And "nice try though haha" reveals a lot to us, too. IMO, you're reinforcing a long tradition of distrust of dealership employees. The Grangers and Stephens and Leonardtowns of the world do what they can to restore faith, customer by customer, and their offers have nothing to do with it. Then you come here and tear their work down.

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
GetWild- which dealership do you work for? I'd like to know so I can avoid it at all costs.
I find some of it laughable, too. That you insist on finding the entire thread "funny" and "laughable" reveals how little you understand about customers.

And "nice try though haha" reveals a lot to us, too. IMO, you're reinforcing a long tradition of distrust of dealership employees. The Grangers and Stephens and Leonardtowns of the world do what they can to restore faith, customer by customer, and their offers have nothing to do with it. Then you come here and tear their work down.
It really isn't that serious

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 140,000 in 10 months doable?
Splitting the plant with rangers figure March to November so 9 months.. I figure 2000 or less a week. So realistically 70-80k.

Sponsored

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

you seem to think i have some problem with Granger in any way. I dont care how Granger does their thing. Im not concerned with out of state dealerships and im not trying to "snag" out of state deals or capture anyone elses market lol. Im straight hitting on the fact that this thread is entertaining. the 2021 vs 2022 discussion has become comical. ive stated the fact that someone prior to the 2021 deadline could wind up with a 2022, and vise versa. these are facts based on Fords current allocation method. I find it laughable because im being bashed for stating a pretty simple and easy to read fact based on what Ford has released to dealers.... you know, the people who will be selling them and taking the orders.

I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH GRANGER AND HAVE ZERO PROBLEMS WITH HOW THEY ARE DOING THEIR THING. home that part is clear enough now lol

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the record, your reservation number "in line" does not correspond to what order you will get your Bronco.
This isn't quite correct. Yes, it's true that our reservation numbers aren't an exact place in line, but it's reasonably close, subject to how Ford actually produces the vehicles. If I'm holding #10000, I'm not getting mine after someone who holds #50000 just because he ordered with a different dealer. The biggest factor in delaying receipt of a Bronco from the approximate place in line could be supply constraints.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This isn't quite correct. Yes, it's true that our reservation numbers aren't an exact place in line, but it's reasonably close, subject to how Ford actually produces the vehicles. If I'm holding #10000, I'm not getting mine after someone who holds #50000 just because he ordered with a different dealer. The biggest factor in delaying receipt of a Bronco from the approximate place in line could be supply constraints.
And you arent quite entirely correct either. Yes to an extent, but dealer allocation will 1000% be a big factor, hence my whole point of my statement in the first place. im not dogging on any dealer, or anyone for how they are doing things. Allocation, supply constraints, ect will all be factors, which is why the 2021 vs 2022 argument is somewhat of a moot point. But yes, only closer numbers will really vary. this thread is geared towards those around the sept 18th order timeframe though. early reservations should be good.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for reference, F-150 has an early B & P put up and it's incomplete. Doing some test builds, I discovered certain options didn't show up on B & P, but are listed on the order guide. Obviously, they will be updating that at some point.
Understood, though I think that is a slightly different situation. There, Ford has finalized the trims and options, but the web site isn't matching. With the Bronco, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford isn't still finalizing some of the smaller details of what might be available, though I expect very little change from what's been shown. But, if they are trying to figure out how to address a demand, it's not unreasonable to think the would find it worth delaying B&P to figure out how to make it happen. People might be griping now about no B&P, but if Ford comes later and says, "We held off B&P so we could get you that option you wanted so badly," people will be happier in the end. I'm not saying this is the case, but I can think of several things that could be holding up B&P until final answers have been determined.
Sponsored