Sponsored

New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just think how long your list of “like but not buying” is.
OK, you don’t want a Bronco now. Then wait. Maybe you’ll want one later. Not everyone is in the market for a new vehicle.
The Bronco fits my lifestyle. I’m not worried about a first year model and I don’t care about resale value. It’s a tool that fits my need. I’ll drive mine and enjoy it and that’s all that matters.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if only Ford has a warranty for something like this or dare I say a service bulletin recall

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just think how long your list of “like but not buying” is.
OK, you don’t want a Bronco now. Then wait. Maybe you’ll want one later. Not everyone is in the market for a new vehicle.
The Bronco fits my lifestyle. I’m not worried about a first year model and I don’t care about resale value. It’s a tool that fits my need. I’ll drive mine and enjoy it and that’s all that matters.
Couldn’t have said it better.
There’s people who want the bronco no matter what, people who have no intentions but pretend they do, and people that have just been yelling about how bad Ford is and how great Audi BMW or a Dodge Durango are....
It’s a cruel world

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
Is that a question? So you wait. I won't.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. D3A25D51-0774-486B-8E13-3EE48CFD4D0F

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a bad habit of being an early adopter of new things and boy has it been worth it:) Never had any major issues and enjoyed whatever it was. In this case I plan to keep the Bronco for a long time so am not concerned about residual value. Sure there might be some minor issues, but Ford is essentially building something like another truck, and they have been building trucks forever. Sure there is a big aspect of being attracted to shiny new things, but there are a lot of those out there to buy. In my case the Bronco seems to tick the boxes design wise of the vehicle I would like to have in ways that other car manufacturers don't.

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In that time frame, a used bronco will probably be as much as a new bronco that you can’t get your hands on without a reservation. Now 3 years from now.. we can talk.
Agreed, also If the Bronco has any following like the Jeep. I could see people potentially holding onto these for many years. Might be tough to find one that is the "configuration" you are looking for.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a day two reservation and now have an October reservation. If my timing is right, I should be getting the Bronco right around when my Tacoma lease is ending. It should be a 2022 model year, and may even have the bonus of a few extra optional features and/or bugs resolved.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol...jeep guys getting desperate...."please please please" don't buy...you'll hate it lol.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New models can have issues but these have been in development for quite some time and its not exactly all novel new parts and systems. Sure some random thing may happen, but that's for the warranty hopefully

Even vehicles several years old have recalls, etc.

The risk versus waiting another 2-3 years is acceptable to me

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
We are not investors and the Bronco isn't an investment. I am buying happiness.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The "new models have tons of problems" argument has never really deterred me- the car has a warranty, the engines they are using exist already. Teslas have horrible build quality and tons of problems but they have a loyal following of people who really like them. Tesla's quality issues are actually so bad that it's actually too much for me to own one but my fords haven't been any worse than other cars i've owned. Hell, i've owned a couple of GM cars and if i can survive that quality, i can survive anything! as far as depreciation goes, if the bronco winds up being a beloved vehicle like the wrangler or toyota fj, it will hold its value, especially as they are hard to get in the first couple of years. By year 3 they will be discounting them the way all companies do eventually i'm sure but if you take that extra 3k in savings 3 years down the road and break it down by the month after waiting 3 more years after release to get the vehicle, it isn't that great a savings.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when I bought one of the first DVD players in the market. It was pretty basic, one layer read capacity, no digital audio, and limited movie selection.
It cost me $750, an outrageous price in '97. However, I loved it and still have the original disks that still work just fine. The player is gone, but because I supported the market and was willing to spend the extra money to prove that the technology was viable, we have what we have today and not Divix.

This to me is no different. Someone has to be first. Just sucks the way it's being rolled out. Less fanfare and more corporate.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, it's not things under the hood that worry me about a new Bronco. My biggest concern for problems is the top. Specifically, the hard top panels and rain / water management.

When the top is on I want to stay dry. When it's off, anything goes.
Sponsored