Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

how many times have people tried to hide problems on their car to get a better trade value lol.
Sounds like you could benefit from a new “used car inspector”. Seriously, if there is a trust issue with “people hiding problems”, why would you even make an offer on the vehicle? Lololololololol.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So one of the dealerships I contacted said they would lose their dealership license with Ford if they offered the X plan pricing for the new Bronco. They said they can’t go against the corporate decision that was made and this would be the consequence if they tried to. Yikes.
That dealer should get the B S award of the year.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not what I'm saying. Not having X-plan will change my purchasing as well. I'm not dropping extra....im going backwards. Who doesn't like to save money?

But it seems many here were banking on it even though we knew this was possible. It was never gauranteed and many times there were posts on here saying it probably wouldn't be available.

My comment wasn't to you... It was to the ones complaining about this ruining their purchase because they can no longer afford to buy a Bronco at all. If $3000 breaks you (and you weren't buying the base) then, in my opinion you can't afford it. You can always go down a model, buy less options, go down a trim, etc.

You and I both know there will be people here over-extending themselves to get a new truck.
I'm paying cash for my next vehicle as I always do unless I can get a close to zero percent interest loan. My issue isn't being over-extended, my issue is that I am a proudly cheap bastard and no matter what I always look for value above all else even though I'm a massive fan of the bronco for nestalgia reasons. The x-plan ensured that customer wasn't get gouged on doc fees and wasn't charged a markup. It essentially insured that everyone got a fair deal, the customer, dealer, and ford. Without the x-plan I expect local dealers to all collectively try to screw me. Nestalgia is only worth so much to me and at $50K I can find a lot of SUVs that are more practical and higher quality. I don't think Ford realizes how elastic their demand really is. Not to mention that there is a massive asset bubble right now (stock market, housing, etc.) that could easily pop before broncos are delivered next year.

I'm going to see what the MSRP is for the options I want and then go from there to attempt to negotiate with dealers, but at this point I don't have an issue completely walking away and just going with an alternative. Aside from the childhood nestalgia I have zero brand loyalty to ford and have never owned a ford as an adult because I've always considered them of inferior quality.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like you could benefit from a new “used car inspector”. Seriously, if there is a trust issue with “people hiding problems”, why would you even make an offer on the vehicle? Lololololololol.
You know what they say, shit happens lol

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some vehicles have issues that come up sporadically. The dealer buys the vehicle as is. Weird electrical issues, transmissions going bad, stalling problems, abs issues....Not all of them can be found with a simple test drive.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yeah but i hate that steals trades motto. ive found its either less off the vehicle and more on your trade or the other way around. keep in mind that the dealer is taking all the risk on trades. how many times have people tried to hide problems on their car to get a better trade value lol. thats the risk we are always taking. it would be easier to bump trades if people were willing to pay asking price on used cars, but everyone wants to beat us up on that too. so its get beat up on the price of new, the trade value, and then selling the used one. doesnt matter how good of a deal we are actually offering. for us decent dealerships, thats how we get treated. we get plenty of those "i dont care if you make money" and "you can make money, but just not on me" people all the time. the reality is were going to make money off you or you can leave. its a business and i dont expect anyone here to go to work for free, so why should we be free?

and if we got rid of dealerships, your deals would be much worse. that msrp is the price it would be. there would be no negotiating if we ditched dealers, so unless your buying a specialty vehicle, dealers can be a blessing. if there were no dealers, do you think Ford would sell direct to you for 10k off? nah. order it like a tesla and pay full price lol.
I get what your saying but that’s not what I’m talking about. I mean literally less than the lowest market poor value you can find kinda low. I understand risk and invoice to invoice fair is fair and I completely understand making a profit and running a business. So I agree. You would be appalled by the crap some of these dealers in Tennessee do.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity, could you paste in the email from Ford verifying X-Plan?

I would but it contains my personal info in it and I'm gonna give Ford a chance to clarify before I post publicly. I will follow up here...

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yeah but i hate that steals trades motto. ive found its either less off the vehicle and more on your trade or the other way around. keep in mind that the dealer is taking all the risk on trades. how many times have people tried to hide problems on their car to get a better trade value lol. thats the risk we are always taking. it would be easier to bump trades if people were willing to pay asking price on used cars, but everyone wants to beat us up on that too. so its get beat up on the price of new, the trade value, and then selling the used one. doesnt matter how good of a deal we are actually offering. for us decent dealerships, thats how we get treated. we get plenty of those "i dont care if you make money" and "you can make money, but just not on me" people all the time. the reality is were going to make money off you or you can leave. its a business and i dont expect anyone here to go to work for free, so why should we be free?

and if we got rid of dealerships, your deals would be much worse. that msrp is the price it would be. there would be no negotiating if we ditched dealers, so unless your buying a specialty vehicle, dealers can be a blessing. if there were no dealers, do you think Ford would sell direct to you for 10k off? nah. order it like a tesla and pay full price lol.
This. I understand if a dealership doesn’t want to sell a car because they won’t make money. But this isn’t about that. I’m not asking my dealer for the granger deal. I just want the chance for negotiation. If not give me x plan.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some vehicles have issues that come up sporadically. The dealer buys the vehicle as is. Weird electrical issues, transmissions going bad, stalling problems, abs issues....Not all of them can be found with a simple test drive.
No kidding??!! So all of these potential issues you mentioned must be the result of one simple fact: “people hiding problems”.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No kidding??!! So all of these potential issues you mentioned must be the result of one simple fact: “people hiding problems”.
Don't take it so literall lol

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford... I'm not mad, just disappointed.

For me, the x plan was not so much the savings over MSRP, it was protection against unfair and unscrupulous hidden fees and greedy "documentation" and "dealer" fees. The trip into the finance manager's office is undoubtedly the worst part of the car buying process. I hate playing games. It's a huge waste of time. I have yet to buy from a dealer that does not do this to some degree.

I joined the DAV in part because they are an x plan partner. Will not being able to use the x plan prevent me from ordering a Bronco? No, but a dealer that decides to throw on an ADM or play stupid games will.

I find it hard to believe that Ford was not expecting this big of a demand for the Bronco. They teased it for what, 2 years? You can't stoke up demand and then fail to deliver. This reeks of gross mismanagement and poor foresight. I was really hoping Ford would of learned after the Explorer shitshow but it seems like they didn't learn a damn thing.

I was super stoked when I learned that they would be bringing the Bronco back. Hell, I remember being amazed with the Bronco concept in 2005 at the Midwest International Auto Show. My excitement has been seriously dampened by all of this fuckery. C'mon Ford, earn my business again.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it’s funny that dealers will start playing the markup game. I’m coming to you saying that I will buy this vehicle. Take this information and enter into the system. Call me when it’s ready. No effort needs to be made to sell me on the vehicle. Cover your costs, make your profit, but don’t get greedy.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would but it contains my personal info in it and I'm gonna give Ford a chance to clarify before I post publicly. I will follow up here...
This is Jim Farleys way of raising profits. Tbh they wouldn’t be in so much of a bind if they didn’t invest such a large amount in a short period of time to restructure. They new cash flow would tighten from that, I know they didn’t expect COVID to happen but isn’t that part of risk management? So who should pay for their short sightedness? The loyal customers of course. I think when the reservations convert to orders they will be surprised is all I’ll say. They are basing everything off these reservations. They never learn. My new SRT car is going to be nice though.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is from my local dealer. Originally, they said they did not know if X-plan would be available; but after Ford told dealers it would be, they sent me this.
Screenshot_20201020-150817_Messenger.jpg

Also, I am certain Ford (or Mike Levine) actually did say it would be available.
A tweet ny Mike and a text from some random salesperson are not definitive statements.
Sponsored