amc.bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

can sound deadening be retrofitted on the painted modular top once that is available? Or do I need to buy sound deadening twice ?
That is my question. We shouldn't have to pay for it twice. If you buy a WT or FE and opt for addtional sound deadening on the MIC top, you should only have to pay for it once if you buy the painted top once it becomes available.
Sponsored

TheSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EG Badlands Sasquatch / 22 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Although I'll really want a roof rack so probably need the hard top anyway.

I think this really depends on the pictures you look at. I can find examples where they look close to the same color but others show the fender/mirror/door handle plastic is a darker, flatter shade vs the lighter, glossier top. This would be the same on any trim however, the WT just adds in the super gloss black on top of it all. It's not always easy to tell with the lighting, but there's enough of a difference to make me not trust that the two grays are the same.

1603508177457.png

1603508222485.png

1603509811308.png
I went to the Super Celebration East, and the top is a different color than the other parts. I must admit not once did I think it looked bad. I might have been in a fog just from the mere sight of the Bronco in person. It is stunning, and Ford smashed a 550ft grand slam with the design of this vehicle! I believe most people are just being too over dramatic about matching the fenders, door handles, mirrors, tops, etc. The pic of the Area 51 in your post is very representative of what I saw, and how the colors on the different pieces appeared in person at the event. They aren’t perfectly color matched, but they work.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question - are there power seats on Wildtrak? I couldn't figure that out. I am a short lady, so it's important to know.
Curious about this as well.. B&P doesn’t show any power seats, yet the Wildtrak spec sheet says power seats are optional.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, no problem.

OuterBanks
2.7, 10spd, mic top, sound deadening, splash guards, block heater, leather seats, upfitter switches, floor liners, storage bags, Lux pkg, towing Pkg
$54,230

Badlands:
2.7, 10spd, mic top, block heater, upfitter switches, floor liners, leather seats, lux pkg, towing pkg
$54,615

Wildtak:
Sound deadening, step tubes, block heater, leather seats, upfitter switches, floor liners, lux pkg, towing pkg
$58,500
So the big difference is that you are getting Sas on the Wildtrak but not on OBX or BL. That is a big “looks” and performance difference if you plan to do any off-roading.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curious about this as well.. B&P doesn’t show any power seats, yet the Wildtrak spec sheet says power seats are optional.
Pretty sure WT has auto seats and BL does not .

This my dilemma:

-FE navy pier - don’t like
-Back up WT reservation- Sandstone dash- don’t like
-Badlands- no auto seats.

MY21 is full of compromise- hoping some better interior vids clear up all this doubt

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just pulled this pic off website, Ford's Sandstone and Black Onyx interior. The more I see this interior the more I like it. Especially like the Black seat inserts. 99 percent certainly switching FE reservation to Wildtrak. Thank You Ford for saving me $3K.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread dims

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question - are there power seats on Wildtrak? I couldn't figure that out. I am a short lady, so it's important to know.
There should be when you get leather, according to everything we've seen until now. I think it's just a glitch in B&P, of which there seem to be quite a few.

Here's a pic with Wildtrak side decal option, the black hood bump decal is standard. I actually like these decals better than the FE.
vehicle.jpeg
I think I may skip those side graphics for $520.

I thought the fender flares were black, not gray. In this pic it looks like they match the black bumpers rather than gray top.
Ford-Bronco-7b-1024x555.jpg
They are.

I'm really on the fence with this gray top. As others mentioned the black top would be a perfect match for the Grille and mirrors. Anyone know how it would work waiting for black top. Hopefully they can give us a time frame if we decide to wait. A couple months of waiting isn't bad. But hate to get close to year end and still waiting.
Waiting for the black top should be just that - waiting. Usually for something "late availability", you just tell your dealer to check that box as normal when placing your order. The difference is, your order won't be scheduled to be built until whatever component that is becomes available.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just pulled this pic off website, Ford's Sandstone and Black Onyx interior. The more I see this interior the more I like it. Especially like the Black seat inserts. 99 percent certainly switching FE reservation to Wildtrak. Thank You Ford for saving me $3K.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread dims
Yeah, it really is just a typical lighter tan color + black combo. I wish they'd shown the dash in the video.

I'm a bit surprised they made the dash top tan, as black reflects less, and most vehicles moved away from lighter dash tops decades ago now. But oh well.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This my dilemma:

MY21 is full of compromise- hoping some better interior vids clear up all this doubt
According to Ford website It's optional on 4dr but not 2 dr. I believe when you upgrade to leather on 4 dr. it comes with 10 way power on driver seat and 8 way power on front passenger.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There should be when you get leather, according to everything we've seen until now. I think it's just a glitch in B&P, of which there seem to be quite a few.

I think I may skip those side graphics for $520.

They are.

Waiting for the black top should be just that - waiting. Usually for something "late availability", you just tell your dealer to check that box as normal when placing your order. The difference is, your order won't be scheduled to be built until whatever component that is becomes available.
You might be right on spending $520 on a decal. Vortex has a large selection of decals for the Bronco. I just found this one for only $39. And it looks like it will go nicely with the black hood bump.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread bronco-door-lowgraphics2-1000x1000 (1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a pic with Wildtrak side decal option, the black hood bump decal is standard. I actually like these decals better than the FE.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread bronco-door-lowgraphics2-1000x1000 (1)
Me too. I might get the side decal just to be different.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This my dilemma:

I’ve been back and forth between BL and WT. I’m sticking to the WT. while the interior is not my favorite, it will go well with my exterior color of Area 51. I really don’t mind the hood graphic as well. Thought I’d hate it but it does work well with the black grill and mirrors (that don’t match the fender flares and bumper unfortunately, and now the roof.) I personally will never use the sway bar disconnect or rock crawl mode, so WT is for me.

also, let that wretched color and materials video, it states that if you get leather on the BL you get carpeted flooring and power seats... Doesn’t say that anywhere else except that video so who knows the accuracy.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering canceling all together, then I did a B&P OB fully loaded, 57k but at least the interior fits the whole build and is palpable. Area 51, silver/navy cloth, lux, sasq....this build may get me off the fence That i got on after seeing the hideous interior choice (or lack there of) on the WT...For sure bailing on WT though...I am still sort of perplexed how they gave four options on OB and just two on WT....bizarre.
I agree 100% I did the same and priced out a OB similar to WT. Was very happy with that over the WT. If they don't add more interior color selections to WT I am either going to OB with the Roast Leather color or Badlands with the all black leather interior. Seriously, they should offer black leather interior on all trims since its considered a neutral color. I am sure many wouldn't have selected it as a first choice a lot more buyers would have settled for black over that sandstone color. Plus, black has a more luxurious high end feel than those lighter shades of tan.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread bronco leather seat.JPG

According to the B & P it is manual with leather. I can get that on a Jeep or a 4Runner. Actually, there is an upgraded 4Runner at my local dealer that is $10k cheaper than the Bronco I built and it has black interior and power seats. I don't understand the pricing compared to other similar vehicles.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might be right on spending $520 on a decal. Vortex has a large selection of decals for the Bronco. I just found this one for only $39. And it looks like it will go nicely with the black hood bump.

bronco-door-lowgraphics2-1000x1000 (1).jpg
If you like the Ford decal just go to any local print/sign shop and have them replicate it. Just simple cut vinyl we do these for office windows all the time. As long as you could do the install would probably be under $100.
Sponsored

Last edited: