Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been interesting reading all the opinions out there and understanding what each individual requires for their particular scenario/setup. As of right now, I'm still leaning toward the WT for a few reasons:

First, the interior of the WT, while not my favorite, is not bad in my opinion. To me, the tan carries just a little too much highlight color from the seats but is tolerable and happy it did not transcend into the A/B pillar covers. Plus the lighter colored dash will help hide the dust better from our AZ haboobs (y) as well as keep the radiant cabin heat down....I'm not a fan of the A51 highlights with Rapid Red exterior (maybe a sign I need to get A51).​
Second, I want ventilated seats (don't forget I'm in AZ) and will plan on getting Katzkin (I think still may be less costly than Ford leather) before the following summer season and the cloth desert camo will be OK for that timeline.​
Third, I want the desert running high speed drive modes. Will use them more frequently than rock crawling.​
Forth, although initially excited to get modular top with WT, was probably going to get the top "Line-X'd" anyway after serious scratches developed.​
Fifth, wanted the carpet for additional sound deadening and insulation from hot asphalt (again, AZ).​
Sixth, was planning to go aftermarket on a few items such as step bars and integrated bumper/winch.​
Finally (I know), wasn't willing to go to OBX and then build up because of a few concessions I am willing to make.​

Now, if they can just fix the roof rack with Sasquatch option, I should be OK :).
All valid personal reasons to go WT. I liked hearing your thoughts.
Also, I just found out BL will come with Baja mode. I want AMB as exterior color and that just dosnt natch with those A51 Accents.
Sponsored

Tiburon

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All valid personal reasons to go WT. I liked hearing your thoughts.
Also, I just found out BL will come with Baja mode. I want AMB as exterior color and that just dosnt natch with those A51 Accents.
First I've heard of the BL/Baja mode combo.....Man, they keep finding ways to step on the neck of potential WT owners.....each trim should have a few distinct items for itself.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm considering the same thing...sticking with soft top for now. Just feel it's unlikely the modular would be available before Winter 2021 so have to decide if I want to go with the soft top through the colder months.
I wonder if the rear defrost and rear wiper controls will be installed at the cockpit when ordering a soft top? They’re not there when you get a soft top jeep so adding a fully functional hardtop is not so easy.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the hood graphic plain or does it have words/Wildtrak written in it? Very indecisive now between Wildtrak and full loaded badlands. The gloss grill and mirrors are getting me

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wish that Ford would add in an extra interior choice of all black tone pallet with silver metal highlights on all their models.
Just do it!
THIS would fix SO MUCH of the majority of the gripes. Seems incredibly simple.

Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First I've heard of the BL/Baja mode combo.....Man, they keep finding ways to step on the neck of potential WT owners.....each trim should have a few distinct items for itself.
Baja mode has been on Badlands since reveal day. WT does have the advantage of Sport too.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm trying to talk myself off the ledge, I need your guys help. Hahaha. So eventually seat covers will be everywhere which is helpful. But, anyone know of a way to change colors of dashboards and door panels?

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean, the top does match the fender flares (which are very prevalent). I dont think it looks mismatched like everyone is saying...oh, opinions
The grille and mirror caps are painted black, like the mod top

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The grille and mirror caps are painted black, like the mod top
I know but the fender flares are still the same color at the MIC top...so matching parts will be grille/mirrors and then MIC top/flares. With the modular top, the fender flares are the things that stick out sorely. I was just stating there is still is a form of uniformity with the MIC top.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like Ford made it too complex on interiors. Keep it simple. One gray/black option, one brown/sandstone. Each in leather and cloth. One vinyl option. Keep the rest the same on all models and differentiate with performance features and electronics.

I appreciate the effort, but think a voice in the room should have focused things back to the best options (that are represented in BD and BL). Wildtrack is a total mess but has the best wheels. BL is a pure beauty.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the rear defrost and rear wiper controls will be installed at the cockpit when ordering a soft top? They’re not there when you get a soft top jeep so adding a fully functional hardtop is not so easy.
That's a good point that I hadn't thought of. Although I'll really want a roof rack so probably need the hard top anyway.

I know but the fender flares are still the same color at the MIC top...so matching parts will be grille/mirrors and then MIC top/flares. With the modular top, the fender flares are the things that stick out sorely. I was just stating there is still is a form of uniformity with the MIC top.
I think this really depends on the pictures you look at. I can find examples where they look close to the same color but others show the fender/mirror/door handle plastic is a darker, flatter shade vs the lighter, glossier top. This would be the same on any trim however, the WT just adds in the super gloss black on top of it all. It's not always easy to tell with the lighting, but there's enough of a difference to make me not trust that the two grays are the same.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread 1603508177457

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread 1603508222485

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread 1603509811308

Last edited:

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder what the after market will be doing. This would potentially resolve the seat issue. Just get the standard cloth and then go to Katzkin or another after market company. however don’t know how you resolve the dash and door cards To get rid of the sandstone

You could go this route and get black leather on most of the seat and accent the sandstone. Not sure if this is a one off dash color or the sandstone colored dash. I know this is the Filson custom.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Bronco Thread BB2AD90E-88A4-492E-86BE-AFC99F8A34A9

Last edited:

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm trying to talk myself off the ledge, I need your guys help. Hahaha. So eventually seat covers will be everywhere which is helpful. But, any know of anyway to change colors of dashboards and door panels?
This is a good question. Maybe panels can be swapped?