First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Capable bumper is in B&P down under Accessories/Exterior/Bumpers Roof etc.
Oh wow. This is in the B&P? I'd much rather have the capable than the heavy duty just for the fogs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm probably sticking with the modular since it comes with the bash plates. What's wierd is that they made it seem like a steel rear bumper would come with the modular, but there isn't even anything about the rear bumper anymore
If you go under First Edition, Badlands and Black Diamond it does mention it comes with steel rear bumper. But I couldn't find any pics and couldn’t find as option for other models. Another description on front steel bumper mentions rear steel bumper as if it comes with front steel bumper. Dang Ford needs to fix B & P before order banks open or we're going to be ordering in the blind on alot accessories.
Screenshot_20201027-015529_Chrome.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.23.48 PM.png

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you go under First Edition, Badlands and Black Diamond it does mention it comes with steel rear bumper. But I couldn't find any pics and couldn’t find as option for other models. Another description on front steel bumper mentions rear steel bumper as if it comes with front steel bumper. Dang Ford needs to fix B & P before order banks open or we're going to be ordering in the blind on alot accessories.
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.23.48 PM

Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.23.48 PM
I remember seeing that before b&p and it was one of the reasons I was going with the modular bumper, but at this point who knows. Hopefully Ford gets their shit together with the b&p before we place our orders.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

keep this in mind. Aftermarket bumpers will most likely not account for the sensor in the bumper. I have a raptor and no aftermarket bumper will account for the acc sensor. You will have to relocate the sensor and these sensors are sensitive and not easy to relocate.
Can you disconnect the ACC and still have regular CC? Any warning lights?

I have no issues ditching ACC if I go with an aftermarket bumper unless it causes issues.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It would be nice if there was a Bumper Delete Option in the B&P for those who will be going aftermarket for them....
Even though I want a Badlands, both the bumper and the rock rails are probable replacement items. The rock rails will go pretty early on.

On the winch - you can get a plate steel front bumper that has the winch plate built in, and a winch with synthetic line for less than just the winch and modular platform add on.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah this makes no sense. The Modular Bumper (the one that has been seen and talked about since the beginning) clearly has the "Modular" parts and bolts that you can see to add and remove things (like removing the end caps)

The Capable looks to be one piece with explains why it could come with Fog Lights. But one would think the Price would reflect this with Capable being cheaper and HD Modular being the more expensive option since it is clearly more off-roadish.

But if Capable comes with Fogs, accounts for all sensors, AND allows for a winch plate to bolt on... that could be a winner! If it came with rear steel bumpers... done!

dudleyln

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Chevy Traverse / 98 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But does the front capable and front steel bumper come with a rear bumper to match?

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But does the front capable and front steel bumper come with a rear bumper to match?
Black Diamond comes with both front and rear steel bumpers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a quick search earlier showed me, at least on some [all?] Jeeps, that disconnecting the ACC sensor will give you warnings and your regular CC won't work.
I've seen complaints of the sensor being dirty or blocked by ice triggers warnings. I suspect removing it would give constant warnings.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Seemingly”. But has anyone seen it?
No. It's not in the B&P. I've said for a while now that the front steel bumper option won't come with the rear, but that was just an educated guess based on price. So far that seems to be the case. It is standard on the Badlands and Black Diamond, however. I'm sure it'll be available eventually through Parts.
Just a quick search earlier showed me, at least on some [all?] Jeeps, that disconnecting the ACC sensor will give you warnings and your regular CC won't work.
No idea, but that makes sense to me.
Sponsored