Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting.. one of the biggest debates was about the Modular Bumper losing the Fog lights, switches, and even wire harness.

If they now have an Accessory bumper that keeps the Fog lights it changes the game. But why would that one more expensive if the material is so much less that the Modular?
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would be nice if there was a Bumper Delete Option in the B&P for those who will be going aftermarket for them....
My 65 Mustang had the seatbelt delete option, the original owner saved $15 ?

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t sell a vehicle without a bumper
A "cheap" peace of steel would suffice. I've even seen wooden ones bolted on. There are way that it can legally be done.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My opinion is to go with the original Heavy Duty Modular. It really looks the part. Even though it looks like the "Capable" comes with fog lights installed, I am assuming the pre-wired auxiliary switches will make wiring aftermarket fog lights pretty easy. I also think that is a misprint to say the "Capable" has removable end caps. They look like a full piece of bulbous plastic to me.

Sponsored

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Decisions - Decisions. As far as I can tell the capable will give you the foglights and the Heavy Duty gives you the ablity to remove ends for better offroading and rock climbing. Still not sure which one I like better, good thing we have until Dec. to order.
2021-Ford-Bronco-scaled.jpg
cactus-gray-4-door-bronco-launch-vehicle-1.jpg
Nice top!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It appears that most pictures of the capable front bumper have D rings in the bumperettes, but sometimes it looks like they are not there. Is there a difference based on trim or something else?

Deleted member 2346

A "cheap" peace of steel would suffice. I've even seen wooden ones bolted on. There are way that it can legally be done.
Lol you’re not serious? You want ford to bolt on a wood bumper so u can remove it? Lol. This is a new level of complaining lol ??‍♂. The plastic one is fords version of your “cheap alternative”. Unbolt it if u want and quit your bitching.

Deleted member 2346

It appears that most pictures of the capable front bumper have D rings in the bumperettes, but sometimes it looks like they are not there. Is there a difference based on trim or something else?
You are likely confusing the base bumper and the capable bumper. They look very similar.

Deleted member 2346

Interesting.. one of the biggest debates was about the Modular Bumper losing the Fog lights, switches, and even wire harness.

If they now have an Accessory bumper that keeps the Fog lights it changes the game. But why would that one more expensive if the material is so much less that the Modular?
It’s an accessory bumper but not heavy gauge steel nor does it convert to a smaller bumper... a big reason guys wanted the HD bumper.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol you’re not serious? You want ford to bolt on a wood bumper so u can remove it? Lol. This is a new level of complaining lol ??‍♂. The plastic one is fords version of your “cheap alternative”. Unbolt it if u want and quit your bitching.
It's an option for Fleet Vehicles.

Also.... I said that it would be nice to have that as an OPTION. I never said it was something that I wanted.

So I wasn't Bitching, but I "appears" as you just read more into it than was actually started.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's something screwy about those descriptions. As far as I can tell, there are only two bumpers: plastic (standard) and steel modular
You are likely confusing the base bumper and the capable bumper. They look very similar.
It’s an accessory bumper but not heavy gauge steel nor does it convert to a smaller bumper... a big reason guys wanted the HD bumper.
The capable front bumper is actually an upgrade to the heavy duty modular front bumper. It was developed by the Ford Performance Group.

Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper Bronco Bumpers

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
The capable front bumper is actually an upgrade to the heavy duty modular front bumper. It was developed by the Ford Performance Group.

Nice, I didn't realize the Capable bumper had removable caps too. I am guessing it doesn't include fogs....

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I get it now. Thank you very much for the explanation. From a distance the standard and capable are similar, but with your images, you can clearly see the differences. That capable is a nice looking bumper!
Sponsored