Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Similarly configured the Badlands is a few thousand more than the Outer Banks.
I don't know about that. I built an OBX, BL, and WT with all the same stuff - with the exception of what wasn't available to add to certain trims - and they were all very close in price.WT was highest price, BL was $395 less than WT, and OBX was $1045 less than BL.

Two things I'd like to have are MGV and Tube Steps (my wife is short). Unfortunately, only the BL offers MGV, but it's also the only one that can't get tube steps.

EDIT: I should mention that my reservation is for an OBX. I like the body colored mirror covers and door handles. If OBX had MGV optional, I'd be all done.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know about that. I built an OBX, BL, and WT with all the same stuff - with the exception of what wasn't available to add to certain trims - and they were all very close in price.
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 1603908741463

This is the closest I could get to creating similar vehicles between Outer Banks and Badlands. Of course, Badlands has a number of off-road features that aren't on Outer Banks, such as front locking differential, disconnecting sway bar, larger AT tires and upgraded suspension, which explains the higher price. Outer Banks has some features that can't be optioned on Badlands. I've excluded any options that are not standard on either vehicle and are the same upgrade price, for example, the 6 cylinder engine, since that does not change the price difference between the two.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We obviously have different options. I squatched both, no heavy duty bumper on OBX, etc.

Mine priced out at:
BL - $55,882
OBX - $54,737

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We obviously have different options. I squatched both, no heavy duty bumper on OBX, etc.

Mine priced out at:
BL - $55,882
OBX - $54,737
If you don't compare like-for-like, you can't say one is cheaper than the other. Like-for-like, the Badlands costs more. Of course, one could load up every option on an Outer Banks and have it price higher than a lesser-configured Badlands.

Ford has done all their math on the pricing. There will always be a way to make a lesser trim cost more than a higher trim, but there will never be a way to á la carte a lower trim equivalent to a higher trim for less than the higher trim costs.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don't compare like-for-like, you can't say one is cheaper than the other. Like-for-like, the Badlands costs more. Of course, one could load up every option on an Outer Banks and have it price higher than a lesser-configured Badlands.
I think you and I are saying the same thing.

My builds are as identical as I could make them. My OBX build has cloth seats, where the BL has MGV. MGV is not available on OBX. The BL has some off road goodies added that you can’t add to the OBX, but the BL can’t get a tube step.

My OBX build comes in less than my BL build, but only by +/- $1000, not $4000 like yours. Im just saying the price difference isn’t so great between trims for similarly outfitted builds.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Finally made my reservation and right now leaning outerbanks.

Been debating between BB and OBX, but right now the advanced 4x4, body color trim pieces and much better looking cloth seats have me leaning OBX.

2.7 could drive me back to BB tho lol

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved an Outer Banks, but I don’t like the interior options.... wish we could get basic grey and or black in any model.... it’s pushing me toward the Badlands or Wildtrack. The OB get as me the vast of the options I want for the beat price, but the interior will make me crazy. Maybe they will give us a neutral option.

CABronco84

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel the same as JWBronco. I can get everything I want from the OuterBanks but can not stomach the interior. A basic black/grey should be offered across all trims. Still debating whether to switch trims or wait for the painted black mod top and hope for an additional interior option.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never once thought I'd be even considering an OBX, but, my Wife brought up a good point: The OBX comes standard with the tube steps, and even though I personally hate them, it'll make it easier for her to get in and out of the vehicle since I intend to have my Bronco Sasquatched. So, we can use them until the NFab RKR rails w/steps become available for the Bronco, then just swap them out and sell the Tube steps. Plus, it comes with the BB grille that I dig so much, just in black.

So, I compared it to a similarly built Wildtrak, and it came up to only about $150ish difference...I get the BB style grille and she gets the steps. It's looking like a Squatched out OBX is in the running now.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally made my reservation and right now leaning outerbanks.

Been debating between BB and OBX, but right now the advanced 4x4, body color trim pieces and much better looking cloth seats have me leaning OBX.

2.7 could drive me back to BB tho lol
Just curious: what is it about the 2.7 that would have you get BB? You can get the 2.7 on the Outer Banks and the upgrade is the upgrade price is the same either way.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just curious: what is it about the 2.7 that would have you get BB? You can get the 2.7 on the Outer Banks and the upgrade is the upgrade price is the same either way.
I have a budget id like to stay under. The bronco will be the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and there is a certain dollar amount I just want to stay under. The 2.7 in the OBX will put me over that. But in the BB I could still get the the 2.7 and stay under budget

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reserved OBX, but I gotta say I'm not yet a fan of the body-colored mirror caps, door handles, and fender flares. I also don't like the very vanilla wheels and tires on the OBX. Makes it look too much like a "standard" SUV or CUV. Maybe they'll grow on me. In the meantime, I'll be playing a lot with the Badlands (kinda digging the marine grade vinyl, too) and Wildtrak options once the B&P comes out. I might end up going Squatch on the OBX; that'd fix the wheels, tires, and fenders, I believe.

Very much waffling on trim level at this point.

I also want to really understand the roof options better. My default is to do the combo that gives you a soft and hard top, but I haven't yet really paid close enough attn to the different hard top options. I do plan on running roof rails, but taking the top off or down is a huge factor for me.

Only things I'm really set on are 4 doors, the A51 color, and a trim level that can do the Lux package.
At this point, I've pretty much decided to swap to the Badlands model. The only thing I'm wrestling with there is whether to keep the MGV with washout interior or upgrade to get power seats. I like the MGV a lot. But I also have a bit of a back issue and like more fine-tuning with the seat. At this point, I think I'll roll the dice with the base MGV seats and look to aftermarket options if I can't make it supportive enough for my back.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a budget id like to stay under. The bronco will be the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and there is a certain dollar amount I just want to stay under. The 2.7 in the OBX will put me over that. But in the BB I could still get the the 2.7 and stay under budget
Ah, that makes sense.

When I read your previous message, I thought it had to do with not being able to get something on one version that you could on the other. :)

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, I've pretty much decided to swap to the Badlands model. The only thing I'm wrestling with there is whether to keep the MGV with washout interior or upgrade to get power seats. I like the MGV a lot. But I also have a bit of a back issue and like more fine-tuning with the seat. At this point, I think I'll roll the dice with the base MGV seats and look to aftermarket options if I can't make it supportive enough for my back.
Badlands is my other option if I don't go Outer Banks as well. But I'm out-of-luck with power seats either way, since they aren't doing power seats in the 2-door. I wish Ford would at least do a driver's power seat with memory. What few passengers I will ever have in the back could still easily enter/exit from the other side. It's been ages since one of my vehicles hasn't had at least a power driver's seat, so that's going to be a bit of a compromise for me no matter what. Like you, I like having the perfect adjustment (and then being able to lock that into memory and return to that with the push of a button regardless of where the seat was before).

I've been trying to figure out if OB will accept 33" tires with the stock suspension. I'd like to have a set of off-road wheels and tires but keep the regular tires for daily driving for comfort and quietness and fuel economy. I also like the soundproofing that OB comes with that I'm not sure Badlands would have. I don't really need swaybar disconnect and probably not even front locking diff of the Badlands, though. If I go OB, I'll need to upgrade to leather, whereas MGV would probably work on Badlands (not a fan of cloth). I'm pretty sure my wife will want running boards, but she also doesn't like the painted wheel arches on OB, but likes the OB grill better than Badlands. So we need to figure out what we're going to have to give up in order to pick one of the two. :D

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone able to tell what color outer banks grill is? On the recent video I swear she said gray but I feel like all pictures show black.
Agree. Video said gray. ?.....
Sponsored