Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just take the roof off and toss the kids into the backseat
When my twins were newly born, somehow squeezed their car seats into the back of my wife's Integra ... only way to get the babies in there was to literally drop them in through the hatchback.

Got ... ahem... weird looks from people in the parking lot. Glad they didn't call protective services on me.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When my twins were newly born, somehow squeezed their car seats into the back of my wife's Integra ... only way to get the babies in there was to literally drop them in through the hatchback.

Got ... ahem... weird looks from people in the parking lot. Glad they didn't call protective services on me.
Im pretty sure my parents had an old LTD and 4 kids when I was growing up. Was the only car. Now people can’t live without 3rd row seating lol.

Ford Bronco Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better! A7BA7ABA-13AA-4399-BE47-E3421FF8124C

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So changing to a 2 door will work on a 4 door reservation? I thought it was just the trim and not the 2-door vs 4.
You supposedly can change doors, trim level except you can't move up to a FE since those are all gone.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Maybe I was a selfish parent but my kids grew up crawling in the back of whatever we had at the time which was mainly 2-door import sporty hatchbacks. It'll work once you get used to it and the Bronco has enough height that you're not having to get down and back to get the kids in/out. OP only mentions older kids, just keep a booster seat in the back to keep it legal and they'll be grown before you know it and have better memories climbing in the back of Dad's Bronco then they would being coddled in his 7 passenger minivan/SUV.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been on team 2 door all along. 4 doors look weird to me.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been on team 2 door all along. 4 doors look weird to me.
Ever since the one poster suggested the 4-dr looks like a Flex (albeit lifted), I can't un-see the resemblance.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Door for me. I don't need a 4 door. Wife thinks the 4 door looks better. Oh well, my Bronco. No kids at home :)
I'll remove the rear seats to make room for my 2 dogs like I did in my Jeep TJ. Decisions are so much easier when your empty nesters!

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 4 door isn't and never will be a BRONCO, same as the bronco 'sport'. Ford caved in to demand to sell more cars, but the 4 door is an afterthought behemoth. And the sport is riding on the coattails of the Bronco name.

People getting the 4 door will never get to feel the essence that is the BRONCO. It'll just be another commuter car in the vast sea of many.
You can complain about it, but it's only because you can't fully comprehend what it is that you are missing.
Secretly, you will always feel you are missing something, without knowing what it is. Those that already know, know.

I cringe everytime I one of those hopped up 4door minivans(aka 4 door bronco) same goes for 4 door jeeps, atrocious. It's one of the most poser-ish things you can drive to get your Starbucks lattes.

Last edited:

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved a 4 door, but I since talked the wife into a 2 door. I’d like to recreate the look of an early Bronco and that can only be done with a 2 door.

I only need room for me, my wife, and a couple of backpacks. And my hiking stick.

I’m keeping my F150 for longer trips where we take a lot of stuff. The stuff she takes on longer trips fill the F150 and wouldn’t fit in a 4 door Bronco anyway.

So 2 door it is.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$$ not a big factor for me, 2dr just looks so cool
Plus, you get 1/10 of an inch more ground clearance with the 2-door, as someone recently pointed out to me. :)

#every-one-tenth-of-an-inch-counts
Sponsored