Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know the door pillar locations for 2-door vs 4-door? 4-door looks a few inches farther forward, I can't find the actual numbers. I keep flipping between the two, but if the pillar is blocking the view on the 4-door I may go back to my original plan to get a 2-door!
Sponsored

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door isn't and never will be a BRONCO, same as the bronco 'sport'. Ford caved in to demand to sell more cars, but the 4 door is an afterthought behemoth. And the sport is riding on the coattails of the Bronco name.

People getting the 4 door will never get to feel the essence that is the BRONCO. It'll just be another commuter car in the vast sea of many.
You can complain about it, but it's only because you can't fully comprehend what it is that you are missing.
Secretly, you will always feel you are missing something, without knowing what it is. Those that already know, know.

I cringe everytime I one of those hopped up 4door minivans(aka 4 door bronco) same goes for 4 door jeeps, atrocious. It's one of the most poser-ish things you can drive to get your Starbucks lattes.
BINGO - YES YES YES very well said lol

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't. When the seats fold down, there is a 4" or so difference in height from the cargo floor to the back of the seat folded down. In my case, I have no use for the back seats. The plate system mentioned provides the flat surface, but also organized storage. If you are handy with carpentry, you could accomplish the same thing. While the Bronco and it's measurements are new, Goose Gear has a proven system that is custom fitted for other vehicles.
YES but hopefully when we install the slide out tail gate (whenever that gets posted by Ford) I'll bet that that leaves a flat surface for the dogs. Option 2, take the rear seats out.

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door all the way. They look more like a traditional Bronco. I despised the Jeep when they went 4 door. Iā€™ve only got one kid, and heā€™s 7. Back seat will be no issue. Got the 4 runner if we need more room.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am now about 90% in on the 2 dr. Worry about how it will handle at highway speeds with the short wheel base and safety vs a 4 dr in a crash.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The two door is simply the classic look of the bronco.. it has a rugged tonka truck feel that makes my kid self excited to go play in the dirt somewhere...

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€¢ door storage
ā€¢ slide-out tailgate
ā€¢ highway manners
ā€¢ babies
ā€¢ baby-makin

= 4-door for me

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
I was set on 4 door from the beginning but am now leaning towards a 2 door Base Mansquatch. The main reason is apparently the Base 4 door doesnā€™t come with Manual transmission. Donā€™t know if itā€™s a bug or not. Other reasons for 2 door:

Cheaper
weighs less
more reminiscent of early Broncos
not a daily driver
wife and 2 medium sized dogs. No kids

Iā€™m concerned about that rear storage area in the 2 door and Sometimes think the 4 door looks better. 2 Door is kind of Stubby looking but not as short as a Wrangler 2 door.

Ford Bronco Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better! Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 9.19.45 AM

Ford Bronco Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better! Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 9.19.10 AM

Ford Bronco Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better! Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 9.21.13 AM

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 Door for me. I don't need a 4 door. Wife thinks the 4 door looks better. Oh well, my Bronco. No kids at home :)
I'll remove the rear seats to make room for my 2 dogs like I did in my Jeep TJ. Decisions are so much easier when your empty nesters!
Same! No kids for us, only dogs. After I talked to my wife she came around to the 2 door.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plus, you get 1/10 of an inch more ground clearance with the 2-door, as someone recently pointed out to me. :)

#every-one-tenth-of-an-inch-counts
Thatā€™s what she said! Literally! You crack me up Susan.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 door isn't and never will be a BRONCO, same as the bronco 'sport'. Ford caved in to demand to sell more cars, but the 4 door is an afterthought behemoth. And the sport is riding on the coattails of the Bronco name.

People getting the 4 door will never get to feel the essence that is the BRONCO. It'll just be another commuter car in the vast sea of many.
You can complain about it, but it's only because you can't fully comprehend what it is that you are missing.
Secretly, you will always feel you are missing something, without knowing what it is. Those that already know, know.

I cringe everytime I one of those hopped up 4door minivans(aka 4 door bronco) same goes for 4 door jeeps, atrocious. It's one of the most poser-ish things you can drive to get your Starbucks lattes.
Can I get a latte in a 2 door? Asking for a friend.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Your argument might hold weight where you live, but here in Seattle, home of Starbucks, there are literally hundreds of actual quality roasters and companies to get your latte from so you don't have to go to Starbucks. (And yea, there are also thousands of Starbucks here, including 3 on the same corner at 4th and Union in Seattle)

Sorry to call you out like that, but it had to be said.

Okay, onto the point: holding onto heritage or an ideal well beyond it's reasonable expiration date is simply holding onto the past for the sake of feelings.

I have fond memories of family road trips sitting facing rearward in a station wagon without seat belts and interacting via colorful hand gesturing to drivers behind. That doesn't mean it's a viable concept for 2020.

I personally own two cars which don't have seat belts and use drum brakes. That doesn't mean it's a viable concept for 2020.

Case in point: Human beings in America today are about 2" taller than in the 1960's, and over 30 pounds heavier! Plus we're a consumer nation with a LOT of consuming to do. Americans own more crap than any other people so they need space for not only their own fat asses, but their fat stuff as well! (Full disclosure: at 250 lbs, i'm ~50 lbs over the average weight and a fat ass)

Bronco being 4-door is the continuation of the "American ideal" of having 1.25 wives, 2.4 children, 5.6 automobiles, and a 6,000 sq ft house to hold your crap. It's the natural linear progression of our society and culture.

(Full disclosure: My bronco build will be a 2-door badlands, manual transmission, mid pack and disabling every option which does something for me such as auto headlights, auto wipers, or anything which intervenes mechanically. But I recognize that i'm a weirdo and my build is an outlier on the spectrum of American consumers)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

YES but hopefully when we install the slide out tail gate (whenever that gets posted by Ford) I'll bet that that leaves a flat surface for the dogs. Option 2, take the rear seats out.
In my case, I'm only considering a 2-dr. The tail gate isn't an option for the 2-dr. So my only option is Option 2 - Rear Seat Delete. I have no use for them anyway.

Reactions: sjp

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, onto the point: holding onto heritage or an ideal well beyond it's reasonable expiration date is simply holding onto the past for the sake of feelings.
That's what I want, I want to feel something. Connect again to something special in a bland world. It's an idea, passion driven, an ideal.
The world tries to be accommodating and suit everyone, yet fails to suit anyone.

The 2 door isn't built to do everything under the sun. It is specific. It is the scalpel, not the Swiss army knife. It's a tool. And those that love tools know what I'm talking about. When you get to use that one tool you love, that only does that one thing, but does it better than anything else.... That's special.

Everything else is just a prius minivan:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've been on the 2 door since the beginning... Until I park beside a 2 door Jeep and think, jeez, I hope the Bronc is a bit bigger than THAT!
Same everytime!
Sponsored