Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mall crawler poser mobile...
Even the Rubicon with the diesel and auto drops GVWR by 400Lbs...
This thing is a useless offroader. Probably another 200Lbs off the rating.
I'm confused. Are you saying the 392 will useless because it's too heavy? Curb weight on a 4-door Badlands is estimated to be 5,000-5,200 lbs. A 4-door Rubicon is 4,500 lbs.
For all the people on here wanting a V8 in their Bronco, will doing that make it useless off road?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I gotta give Jeep credit (and yeah I can't stand Jeep). They were smart with this one. Reveal a few weeks before Bronco ordering opens up. Give the customer the V8 that most of us wish we had. Talk about availability in 1st quarter of next year, while Ford drags their asses to production.

So yeah, great/smart move on Jeeps part. My only hope is Ford pays attention and gets us the V8 we want... and to 1 up Jeep, throw it in EVERY TRIM.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Omg so much hatred here for the brand thats proabably going to pull you out of the mudhole ,or turn you back over theres way more jps than broncos out there.
Competition is good and there were pages of i cant believe the 6g dosent have a v8 , now its not a good idea in the jl ? Yup its going to be a deathtrap but super fun too not for everyone maybe for me,just talked to boss and we both hate to comprimise so it looks like she trades her jl for the 392 and we still get the bronco simple.
Excuse me i must return to my basement to print way more cash than i thought id need.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wife rented me a Challenger Hemi this weekend for our trip down to Forest City NC...........

A few take aways

1. No way I would would that kind of power in a vehicle with a death wobble issue.
2. Waaaaay too easy to speed and we both would be heavy on the peddle just hear it rumble.
3. We live in DC and we would never get to open it properly.
4. Jeeps have a rough ride and with a 392 that would be a work out just to get to the trails.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To those casting the stones about instability, don't forget the last SUV that Ford made using a Ranger frame, 2.3 L4 and 2.8 V6 (sound similar to the 2021 Bronco?) called the Bronco 2 had a rather notorious history of rolling and killing people at a higher percentage then just about anything else, even more than the 4 door replacement version known as the Explorer. Maybe give the tribalism a rest and see how it plays out? It can only be good from a competition standpoint for the consumer

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I still prefer a Bronco. I'm hoping it speeds up Ford's timeline on release of the Warthog since I decided to wait.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't even know about the reveal for the V8 Jeep. Guess must of just went though instagram which I don't have. I def would of been interested to watch. I'll never buy one still cool to learn and hear about them though! I'm not a brand snob. I know in this day an age we need everyone making cool products in competition so we get better stuff!

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new Wagoneer looked a lot like a Flex..
Sponsored