Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been a while back. I thought I saw it here on the forum somewhere. Is the Raptor Bronco and the Warthog two different things? Am I confused on something. Or did it start out named raptor bronco?
It was on here a few months back.

I assume they didn't have a public name for the project yet so the engineer was just referring to the higher end model as a Raptor as opposed to Warthog. Realistically, it seems like the Warthog and Raptor are one in the same.

It will be interesting to see when it is coming out (2022 or 2023). Before any of this info came out, I had the assumption that the 2nd year would change from "Bronco First Edition" to "Bronco Raptor"

Why wouldn't a car company want to put out more of their highest trim level?

All of this is speculation though, so we will just have to wait and see.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rumor I’ve seen is they moved it up and it is likely a ‘22 model now. I’m curious to hear what the Ford Stig says

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No. I thought read something that, that was the year! I'll double check though. I'll ask the stig he will know!
Is Stig a poster on here? I am not following that reference.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is Stig a poster on here? I am not following that reference.
No he's just someone I know at Ford who shares information with me from time to time! I call him the "ford stig"...thought be a funny reference from top gear since the stig on top gear was never out of racing gear helmet and all!! So never knew who the guy was!

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’d they announce this before I take delivery, it would be tempting to not take delivery and wait for a Warthog...

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So how much cheddar we talking for the Warthog, best guess?

Do we think it’s getting the 3.5 eco boost?
It will be a lot more than a loaded FE .... A LOT MORE!!

If Ford and Jeep are competing toe to toe then the Hog should get Ford's Twin Turbo small block V8 jammed in there somehow!

CaseyH

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d they announce this before I take delivery, it would be tempting to not take delivery and wait for a Warthog...
I have a 2021 and a 2022 reservation so I can decide when I have more info. Would absolutely delay to 2022 for a Warthog.

Fergie72

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2013 Explorer, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously as has been discussed, there is not a V8 in that vehicle, rather likely the big EcoBoost V6 with some enhancements. But, it does have a nice stance and looks proportionate.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
are you saying that you would use your 2022 bronco reservation on the warthog?

I have a 2021 and a 2022 reservation so I can decide when I have more info. Would absolutely delay to 2022 for a Warthog.

CaseyH

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are you saying that you would use your 2022 bronco reservation on the warthog?
If they would allow it, I absolutely would buy a Bronco Warthog with my 2022 reservation and skip the 2021 Bronco. The 2021 build and price Badlands I have been looking at is already 60K+, so why not add a little more and get the baddest Bronco they make?

All still assumes that it comes out in 2022.

Prior to the announcement of the Bronco, I was shopping for F150 Raptors. Once more information came out on the Bronco, I stopped shopping for Raptors and figured I would wait the year or two until I can get a Bronco. I have already waited this long, why not just wait a little longer.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford would not allow it. Like the Raptor, the Warthog would be a TRUE allocated vehicle as in a ford dealership could not order a Warthog unless Mother Ford told them they could.

I hope Ford plans to make alot of Warthogs as I bet they can sell 25K in the 1st year.

If they would allow it, I absolutely would buy a Bronco Warthog with my 2022 reservation and skip the 2021 Bronco. The 2021 build and price Badlands I have been looking at is already 60K+, so why not add a little more and get the baddest Bronco they make?

All still assumes that it comes out in 2022.

CaseyH

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford would not allow it. Like the Raptor, the Warthog would be a TRUE allocated vehicle as in a ford dealership could not order a Warthog unless Mother Ford told them they could.

I hope Ford plans to make alot of Warthogs as I bet they can sell 25K in the 1st year.
Whether they allow it or not, I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to get ahold of one. If I need to cancel my 2021 and 2022 reservation and put my name on the Warthog list, I don't really care. It isn't like they are building a tiny number of them, they will build thousands of them.
Sponsored